Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

Stu Webber is the main problem

SW is the main problem re supporter disengagement, poor player recruitment, local media issues, etc.

He doesn’t want to be here, apart for the paycheque. Let’s replace him now and let a new SD have a ‘sporting chance’ during the transfer window. After all, Stu will be up a mountain throughout the World Cup break! 

A new SD can choose a better manager for Norwich and we can look forward to a new dawn… whatever that is.

Hopefully, the Americans can buy out the Stowmarket oldies and they can enjoy a few years together before the care home beckons (I admit that seems a little cruel, but the truth is that they are both in their 80s… so the care home is on their immediate  horizon)

Time for a reset.

Edited by yellow_belly
  • Like 3

Agree with OP.

Webber has to go now. Relationship with media and fans has broken down, his recruitment has been poor for three years, and he's admitted he doesn't really want to be here. 

Nothing good will come from him staying now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

SW is the main problem re supporter disengagement, poor player recruitment, local media issues, etc.

He doesn’t want to be here, apart for the paycheque. Let’s replace him now and let a new SD have a ‘sporting chance’ during the transfer window. After all, Stu will be up a mountain throughout the World Cup break! 

A new SD can choose a better manager for Norwich and we can look forward to a new dawn… whatever that is.

Hopefully, the Americans can buy out the Stowmarket oldies and they can enjoy a few years together before the care home beckons (I admit that seems a little cruel, but the truth is that they are both in their 80s… so the care home is on their immediate  horizon)

Time for a reset.

Brilliant idea 💡, I'm amazed no one has suggested it before. D'ya think someone will start the first                                           ' Smithoutthreadoftheday' ? 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

he's admitted he doesn't really want to be here. 

Not defending him , but did he really say that TuBs.? I know it's become a trope on here.  Unforgivable if so. 

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Not defending him , but did he really say that TuBs.? I know it's become a trope on here.  Unforgivable if so. 

He told fans that he'd told Delia he was "ready to go" when she begged him to stay and told him that she didn't mind him not being able to give 100 percent. 

Furthermore said that he saw his next job being outside of football. 

Next thing we know he's setting up a charity. 

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

"I'm already ready to walk out the door, I'm ready for the next stage of my life" - April 2022.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

"I'm already ready to walk out the door, I'm ready for the next stage of my life" - late 2021.

Grand, thanks. He is bit of  a self important Kn0b.

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Oh goodie. Another SW post.

What does that tell you about Stuart Webber posts? People like them, we should have more of them. 

And the inspiration for all of these wonderful threads would no longer be here. You're right: Webber can't go! 😬

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Brilliant idea 💡, I'm amazed no one has suggested it before. D'ya think someone will start the first                                           ' Smithoutthreadoftheday' ? 

Check back in at 5pm today. Won't be able to move for them.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

"I'm already ready to walk out the door, I'm ready for the next stage of my life" - April 2022.

🎶Go on now go, walk out the door, just turn around now, 'cause you're not welcome anymore...

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Grand, thanks. He is bit of  a self important Kn0b.

Careful you'll have certain people calling you silly and stupid... you don't want to upset the Webber fan club...its like all those god fearing folk when punk started..

7 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Careful you'll have certain people calling you silly and stupid... you don't want to upset the Webber fan club...its like all those god fearing folk when punk started..

Brilliant. Love it Kenny Foggo 😂 

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

And tonight don't forget to put your clocks and timepieces one hour back....

Does that mean we have to have another hour of this? 😬🤪😅

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is that the exact quote? No.

"I sleep easy at night because ultimately as I said to Delia and Michael, ‘If 90 per cent of me isn’t enough, it’s fine because I’m already ready to walk out the door. I’m ready for the next stage of my life.’ But they wanted me to stay and I’m incredibly grateful to them for that."

That's not me being defensive either, it's putting the full context there. This also isn't at odds with anything he had previously said. That after 3yrs he would be looking to move to European football. Though also around this time he said that covid meant that wasn't an option currently.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How about a new chant for home games:

Weber, Weber

you’ve got a mountain to climb

a mountain to climb, a mountain to climb

and repeat ad nauseum.

49 minutes ago, essex canary said:

If your surname is Webber or Smith, you are the problem. QED.

That's a bit harsh on all the other Smiths and Webber's in the world. Have you thought this through. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

That's a bit harsh on all the other Smiths and Webber's in the world. Have you thought this through. 

Fair enough Corkie. For once I am prepared to concede that I have gone a little over the top.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chicken said:

Is that the exact quote? No.

"I sleep easy at night because ultimately as I said to Delia and Michael, ‘If 90 per cent of me isn’t enough, it’s fine because I’m already ready to walk out the door. I’m ready for the next stage of my life.’ But they wanted me to stay and I’m incredibly grateful to them for that."

That's not me being defensive either, it's putting the full context there. This also isn't at odds with anything he had previously said. That after 3yrs he would be looking to move to European football. Though also around this time he said that covid meant that wasn't an option currently.

You literally wrote the exact same words as me? My quote was accurate word for word?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You literally wrote the exact same words as me? My quote was accurate word for word?

It added context by adding the full quote not one sentence. It’s not literally the same.

That said I don’t particularly think the whole quote helps him. It’s a spiky answer and a not a  reassuring one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, I didn't edit out any words. Your quote, was incorrectly quoted, and removed the context.

"...it's fine..."
"It's fine..."

As always, context is massively important. In the abstract I quoted, for example, it doesn't mention any of the conversation before and if taken as a one off, throw away comment with no other context can be interpreted differently.

"I'm ready for the next stage of my life." - on it's own is pretty finite. If the only quote you would expect whoever said it to be moving on imminently. Put it into it's context and it takes on a different meaning altogether, as in a past tense.

I could, for example, just simply quote "But they wanted me to stay and I'm incredibly grateful to them for that." To suggest he never wanted to leave. But essentially, that would be lying right? Because I edited out the context that didn't suit me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

It added context by adding the full quote not one sentence. It’s not literally the same.

That said I don’t particularly think the whole quote helps him. It’s a spiky answer and a not a  reassuring one.

I agree with this. Again, there is more context though. I still don't think it sounds great.

However, people ask for honesty, the choice of words are poor, clearly because it isn't rehearsed, the answers aren't prepped. So I think some words are poorly chosen. There isn't really any surprise to much of it though and that's where it could have been worded better. We always knew he planned to chase ambitions in Europe after three seasons or whatever it was. 

1 hour ago, chicken said:

I agree with this. Again, there is more context though. I still don't think it sounds great.

However, people ask for honesty, the choice of words are poor, clearly because it isn't rehearsed, the answers aren't prepped. So I think some words are poorly chosen. There isn't really any surprise to much of it though and that's where it could have been worded better. We always knew he planned to chase ambitions in Europe after three seasons or whatever it was. 

It’s difficult because Zoë is obviously fulfilling her career here. He has a good job and he can see his wife everyday. However if he has ambitions to work in Europe, He can’t be firing on all cylinders. I think the climbing thing is a substitution for the job he wants, challenging, high stakes, travelling.