Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Club's video on finances

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You are sensible and right in a lot of what you say @Gordon Bennett, the problem for me is the club should know the fans aren't going to react well to the discussion around the fan disconnect so why even mention it? Keep it to the finances which was interesting and perfectly fine. If they felt the need to even go into the subject of it, then clearly it exists somewhat, so don't just write it off. IF they felt they had to say something, why not "We'd be really disappointed if that is the case, the first way to get those fans back on board is with performances on the pitch" - non-committal but at least in the right direction. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Really odd, isn't it? I think these 'Insight' videos have been one of the best-received pieces of fan engagement in recent times. I thought the Sam Jeffery one was excellent, and the Neil Adams one very good also. Most of the Anthony Richens interview was interesting and insightful, but letting him answer questions about fan engagement and atmosphere seems like a bizarre decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Why on earth is the club sending out a chartered accountant to answer questions about the fans relationship with the club, and questions about why the club have shunned local media?

It's bizarre.

Perhaps Richens is being groomed for a future CEO role? This was a test to see how his media presence would hold up. I had to go through similar in a past role, I think I failed on the charisma bit! ūüėĄ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Really odd, isn't it? I think these 'Insight' videos have been one of the best-received pieces of fan engagement in recent times. I thought the Sam Jeffery one was excellent, and the Neil Adams one very good also. Most of the Anthony Richens interview was interesting and insightful, but letting him answer questions about fan engagement and atmosphere seems like a bizarre decision.

In many ways they are very good. They have tackled a range of subjects and Anthony looks a good front man.

A wider problem though is when dealing with one question at a time, what thoughts are given to overall impression and joined up thinking?  Why doesn't the Board vet them before issue or the Shadow Board (under Crouch proposals) or even the OSP?

I guess in many ways it is the financial briefing he would normally do at the AGM so one advantage is it gives the shareholders some thinking time to frame questions. Also the focus on written questions will hopefully result in greater Board reflection before responding further.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Richens talked about a breach of trust over privileged information. Hard to see how the EDP was  breaking trust over privileged information by calling into question Webber’s devotion to the club. Which was based on information put into the public domain by Webber. And the EDP had a right to express its editorial opinion on that. As said, I believe this is not about that at all but something else.

I'm not on the low down with all this, but the implication I've seen elsewhere is that it relates to breaking the story on Mr Attanasio's potential investment? I appreciate you might not want to respond on that. 

If that's the case, I don't understand why the club have been so secretive over this whole thing. The latest instalment being shenanigans with the confirmation statement. 

I expect this kind of secrecy and difficulty with my Uzbek oligarch clients, not really with a community owned football club. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is he dressed like hes at a wedding in his everyday working life.

More disconnection from the average fan in my view  

chrome_image_28 Oct 2022 11_45_33 BST.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I've said on another thread: "What is the club scared of? What has made them so scared to have proper dialogue with their community?"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBunce said:

I'm not on the low down with all this, but the implication I've seen elsewhere is that it relates to breaking the story on Mr Attanasio's potential investment? I appreciate you might not want to respond on that. 

If that's the case, I don't understand why the club have been so secretive over this whole thing. The latest instalment being shenanigans with the confirmation statement. 

I expect this kind of secrecy and difficulty with my Uzbek oligarch clients, not really with a community owned football club. 

 

Mr Bunce, please say hello to my friends in Samakhand! Yes, I am 99 per cent certain Richens is talking about the EDP’s exclusive on Attanasio and his investment. There are some aspects of that furore that have not come into the public domain. What I would say, leaving aside his comments on fans, is that Richens is not really the senior executive who ought to be answering questions on Attanasiogate. The head of the media team would seem the more appropriate person.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

 Yes, I am 99 per cent certain Richens is talking about the EDP’s exclusive on Attanasio and his investment.

In my vague memory, there were already suggestions of a fallout with the Archant journos before the Attanasio story.  Does anyone remember?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rottingdean canary said:

In my vague memory, there were already suggestions of a fallout with the Archant journos before the Attanasio story.  Does anyone remember?

Feels like the club are trying to rewrite history. I think it was criticism and then this headline.

MQoJVQl.png

Thir 'ignore the noise' mantra was always a load of rubbish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2022 at 20:22, TIL 1010 said:

With this being published just a couple of weeks before the AGM i am beginning to think Webber and Smith will not be in attendance on the night.

Just to correct my previous post, questions can be asked live by the audience at the AGM, (confirmed by Robin of the Trust in a tweet yesterday) 

Edited by Diane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Diane said:

Just to correct my previous post, questions can be asked live by the audience at the AGM, (confirmed by Robin of the Trust in a tweet yesterday) 

Obviously i hadn't seen that but then again i must be one of a dying breed that doess not subscribe to Twatter running the world as far as communication is concerned.

Any news on Webber and Dean Smith not being in attendance ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Diane said:

Just to correct my previous post, questions can be asked live by the audience at the AGM, (confirmed by Robin of the Trust in a tweet yesterday) 

Having spoken to Robin yesterday this is correct. However still perhaps a feeling that the balance of the meeting will change. 

They are never  going to give radical answers to questions fired at them out of the blue especially with a new and important Board member. 

Probably don't stand much chance with radical written questions but must be a slightly better bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Obviously i hadn't seen that but then again i must be one of a dying breed that doess not subscribe to Twatter running the world as far as communication is concerned.

Any news on Webber and Dean Smith not being in attendance ?

As you know in previous agms its been the board members, Stuart & Zoe, Manager and the finance director 

Guess we'll find out when we get there

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...