Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Club's video on finances

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm not really arguing anything.

So why suddenly do an about turn and start making skeptical remarks about xG and how your feelings and those of some other people contradicted them with the implication that your feelings mean more in assessing the performance than either the result or whether the statistics surrounding the result agreed with the result?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

7 minutes ago, MrBunce said:

I think @shefcanary is being a little bit uncharitable. Anthony said they run forecasting scenarios where the club does not get promoted. He said in such a scenario the club would rely on player trading. That said, one wonders how much we'd get for players who have been unable to achieve promotion for two years. That is perhaps a small concern.

I'd imagine Sargent and Aarons from out current 11. Rashica and Tzolis will likely have retained some value even if they're deemed failures here. Not to mention a massive chunk of wages will be dropping off our bill because of ending contracts.

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

So why suddenly do an about turn and start making skeptical remarks about xG and how your feelings and those of some other people contradicted them with the implication that your feelings mean more in assessing the performance?

You brought up XG and I commented that it's useful but not the be all and end all. That's really it.

Edited by KeiranShikari

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'd imagine Sargent and Aarons from out current 11. Rashica and Tzolis will likely have retained some value even if they're deemed failures here. Not to mention a massive chunk of wages will be dropping off our bill because of contracts.

You brought up XG and I commented that it's useful but not the be all and end all. That's really it.

Well anyway, you're a paying customer who doesn't have to be enthusiastic if you don't want to, so it's all good. 👍

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Not unreasonable. That's the main reason places like Liverpool and Sheffield United have such a big home advantage. 

The issue being that it's very difficult to get behind the team and generate an atmosphere with the turgid performance on the pitch. I've genuinely tried, but people look at me like I'm an idiot. 

4 minutes ago, Petriix said:

The issue being that it's very difficult to get behind the team and generate an atmosphere with the turgid performance on the pitch. I've genuinely tried, but people look at me like I'm an idiot. 

Oh jesus, enough of the ridiculous subjective terms already. The aim of football is to score more goals than the opposition. If you do that you win games. Winning games is good. That's supposed to be something to be enthusiastic about if you support a football team. Instead you spent a nine-game unbeaten run ignoring the climb up the table, ignoring the supporting statistics and insisting it was all turgid crap etc.

There is nothing these players or manager can do to please you. It's no wonder they look like they're giving up. 

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Finances are okay and all planned for.

They think we have the squad to get promoted.

Alternate financing will be needed if we're going to do anything in january. Presumably sales not asking daddy mark for more cash.

Stadium expansion stuff still in planning phase.

It's the fans' fault the performances are bad.

The club aren't afraid to face real journalists, it was a 'break of trust' that stopped them sharing 'privileged information'.

I am dubious about the ‘breach of trust’ answer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

There is nothing these players or manager can do to please you.

Mr objectivity is objectively wrong. Most fans are so upset with Smith because they see the quality in the squad but not the performances. There's a lot this manager and squad could do to please the fanbase.

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I always assumed it was the 'Do you want to be here Mr Webber?' headline in the EDP that Webber took offence to.

I guess the Attanasio stuff could have been the final straw. 

Edited by KeiranShikari

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

It was the “do you want to be here” headline wasn’t it ? After “ducking” an interview. 
Hardly a breach of trust . Just asking a question. . 

To be fair the question is even more relevant now, after Chelsea-gate 

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It was the “do you want to be here” headline wasn’t it ? After “ducking” an interview. 
Hardly a breach of trust . Just asking a question. . 

To be fair the question is even more relevant now, after Chelsea-gate 

It was a rude, thinly-veiled insult dressed as a question. He's not a public servant and he's in no way obliged to give journalists the courtesy of answering interview requests if they can't behave courteously themselves. 

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

There's no disconnect because fans are still turning up. A line I forgot to mention. 

It's only on social media and the press that there's a disconnect apparently. 

Webber trotted a version of this line out as well, I can’t believe they actually believe this.

26 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I’m also dubious of the privileged information bit, pretty sure I remember Paddy saying the club didn’t share pre-season fixtures with them until it was public, it was something like that and that’s clearly just petty.

Bailey seems to have rubbed the club the wrong way as well from what’s said on his podcast.

Edited by Monty13

Just watched the video.

Why on earth is the club sending out a chartered accountant to answer questions about the fans relationship with the club, and questions about why the club have shunned local media?

It's bizarre.

5 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It was a rude, thinly-veiled insult dressed as a question. He's not a public servant and he's in no way obliged to give journalists the courtesy of answering interview requests if they can't behave courteously themselves. 

Pretty sure the Pinkun boys said they had made multiple requests for interviews over many months that were all denied, yes it was inflammatory but it wasn’t exactly knee jerk from what they were saying.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Webber trotted a version of this line out as well, I can’t believe they actually believe this.

100% a party line.

It's comical that all of the 'high performance' people working at the club these would look at this video and think it would positive PR.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

It was a rude, thinly-veiled insult dressed as a question. 

All of that maybe true. But asking a “rude question” isn’t a breach of trust but any measure . 

Looking forward to the Pinkun reply after SB's comments on twitter. Club are playing a dirty game of silly b*ggers and taking us for mugs.

All sense of "togetherness" (ha!) gone out the window. Please, please remove Webber and cronies from posts.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

All of that maybe true. But asking a “rude question” isn’t a breach of trust but any measure . 

It was a breach of trust as well as being rude. The club always worked well with Archant and Archant made a poor tabloid-style personal attack that broke the relationship, which the club's fully-entitled to punish them for. 

54 minutes ago, MrBunce said:

I think @shefcanary is being a little bit uncharitable. Anthony said they run forecasting scenarios where the club does not get promoted. He said in such a scenario the club would rely on player trading. That said, one wonders how much we'd get for players who have been unable to achieve promotion for two years. That is perhaps a small concern.

A little uncharitable, but thereagain as you say, which player has held any value over the past few months to allow for any new purchases? We have to pay £66m back over the next 19 months from practically the only cash we definiely know we have coming (paeachute payments). The cupboard / bank is bare!

I mentioned January as being a crucial point not only because of the window, but also because season ticket renewal begins in February. Given our on pitch performance and the cost of living crisis, the implicit smugness of Richens that season ticket holders will continue to renew will be tested. Indeed blaming existing fans for not getting behind the team is also not that helpful on this assertion.  

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

It was a breach of trust as well as being rude. 

Ok. You know best son. I really can’t be bothered to invest any more time on a pointless boring discussion . I’ve only gone this far because I’m on the train coming back from Liverpool Street. 

Just now, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ok. You know best son. I really can’t be bothered to invest any more time on a pointless boring discussion . I’ve only gone this far because I’m on the train coming back from Liverpool Street. 

Well, I agree with you that all of this is pointless. To be honest, I'm stopping caring about this season myself with the apathy on here and the justifications for it. 

To be honest, I'm starting to think that the biggest thing the club could do to turn around results is offer free psychotherapy to season ticket holders. 

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Do you think a lack of atmosphere is because there is a disconnect between the fans and the club or just down to the home fans not being very good supporters?...........

We won the league in empty grounds. Seems playing in front of people is what puts our players off 

• Haha 1

The season started with the club wanting promotion and a section of fans not wanting promotion. This is not a criticism of anyone but how do you square that circle? 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

LYB is Stuart Webber and i claim my £5 

No chance hell Webber's spending this much time interacting with Norwich fans.

My guess is that LYB is in a relationship with Smith but he doesn't fancy following him to his next job.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

LYB is Stuart Webber and i claim my £5 

about as thin skinned as well

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If you're going to take a senior position at a football club you have to be able to take criticism. 

He's entitled to then not talk to the press but the press are entitled to ask questions and the fans are more than entitled to call him a thin skinned baby for his reaction.

He talks about how criticism doesn't bother him then locks himself away when someone is mildly critical of his ****e performance. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Thanks. Log in required. In a sense that does mean limited to Club members or season ticket holders.

Probably explains Cambridge's difficulties.

What on earth are you on about.

Anybody can have an account, no membership or money required.

You need to create an account before you can buy a f*cking match ticket?

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Oh jesus, enough of the ridiculous subjective terms already. The aim of football is to score more goals than the opposition. If you do that you win games. Winning games is good. That's supposed to be something to be enthusiastic about if you support a football team. Instead you spent a nine-game unbeaten run ignoring the climb up the table, ignoring the supporting statistics and insisting it was all turgid crap etc.

There is nothing these players or manager can do to please you. It's no wonder they look like they're giving up. 

Shouldn’t they be trying their best for idiots like you who think the **** is wonderful ?

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Not doom and gloom!? He's practically said the club is shìt or bust on the current squad winning promotion! There isn't a cat in heels chance of that (my opinion of course but ... !). So come January the games up? 

Personally I think we were banking on somebody making an offer on Max Aarons this summer to fill the black hole again, and no serious offers came.

That's the flaw with a model which relies on flogging a big player every time you get relegated, eventually you'll get to the point where nobody makes you a big offer... and that point has been reached.

• Like 1