Sign in to follow this  
yellow_belly

New manager

Who do you want (realistically)…

I was completely anti R martin but would personally drive to collect him now… that’s how poor Smiff is.

People saying Russell Martin he was the booooo boy here towards the end of his career or have you all forgotten about that?  Or is it that the club is in a complete mess & he's probably the cheapest option.  Just a thought to be added to all the others. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

People saying Russell Martin he was the booooo boy here towards the end of his career or have you all forgotten about that?  Or is it that the club is in a complete mess & he's probably the cheapest option.  Just a thought to be added to all the others. 

He only became a boo boy to the same idiots now turning on max Aaron's.

Like any club we have our fair share of 5 thumbed morons.

In this order....

Knutsen

McKenna

Martin 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

McKenna? Now I’m up for that purely for comedy value. I don’t even care if he’s any good or not.

Young,hungry,good on a budget, something to prove

Oh and it would drive the farmhands mental 

15 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Young,hungry,good on a budget, something to prove

Oh and it would drive the farmhands mental 

Although he's only really shown he's good enough for half a season at league one level with a squad that should be there or thereabouts anyway.

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Although he's only really shown he's good enough for half a season at league one level with a squad that should be there or thereabouts anyway.

Your right let's keep Dean Smith 

51 minutes ago, hogesar said:

A manager who can get a squad to be there or thereabouts where they should be is exactly what we need.

That said, I don't think McKenna should be the replacement but I reckon he'd improve us.

Martin, Robins or Bellamy for me.

Ideally by Saturday. 

Edited by canarydan23

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Your right let's keep Dean Smith 

McKenna isn't the only possible replacement genius.

And it's "you're".

Just now, canarydan23 said:

A manager who can get a squad to be there or thereabouts where they should be is exactly what we need.

That said, I don't think McKenna should be the replacement but I reckon he'd improve us.

Martin, Robins or Bellamy for me.

I mean we're been in awful form but we're still 'thereabouts' under this manager, so I'd like to think we went for something a bit better than a manager with half a season of being decent in the third tier.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I mean we're been in awful form but we're still 'thereabouts' under this manager, so I'd like to think we went for something a bit better than a manager with half a season of being decent in the third tier.

Outside of the top six, only one point further away from relegation than top spot, having played a game more than most, is not there or thereabouts for the team that were most people's favourites for the title at the start of the season.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Outside of the top six, only one point further away from relegation than top spot, having played a game more than most, is not there or thereabouts for the team that were most people's favourites for the title at the start of the season.

5 points from automatic promotion is 'thereabouts' if you ask me. 

3 hours ago, yellow_belly said:

Who do you want (realistically)…

Wagner until end of season, and then we review where we stand and consider longer term appointments.

My ideal choice would be someone like Knutsen, but can't see us offering him any incentive to come here while being a Championship side.  Watched a lot of Glimt since we were linked and really do like what they're about - but we're a million miles from the calibre of player they have... And I mean in regards to sheer physicality and pace.

Russ Martin would be a consideration, but i'm only going by what people say in regards to the footballing nature of his management at Swansea - I've not seen a great deal of them play.  But if they reach top 2 and we're searching for a manager I really don't think he'll be as easy to tempt as people think.

There's so many names out there beyond that, but I just haven't a clue what demands they'd have, or how we're perceived as a club after getting a pretty dire reputation of being prem league money grabbers.

We don't exactly scream ambition to any player or potential manager neutral to us.

Edited by Google Bot

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

😉 That is pretty much what I expected of Smith to be top two or thereabouts! Sometimes you aren’t as good as expected.

I’m not expecting any changes this side of December and by then I think it’ll be too late and we will need a proven budget manager, one who can get more out of a youth system and highlight young lower league talent to build on. McKenna might just be a very credible option. 

58 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And it's "you're".

A proposos... replacement geniuses are arguably exactly what we need right now 😉

• Haha 1

And it's "you're".

I didn't say he was... genius

Sign of a weak argument is someone who resorts to pointing out grammar mistakes.

Put your command of English to the test -

Cluck off u paftic winker 

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Haha 1

You all might has mention the tea// pie person getting the post- because Smith going no where soon

• Haha 1

McKenna might be good but he also has undoubtedly one of the strongest squads in the division. It'll be more interesting to see how he gets them playing if they come up, when they will more than likely have a talent deficit to the rest of the division.

I think Stevie G would galvanise us and get more out of our current squad especially the midfield which is full of bits and pieces but no outstanding quality.  Vincent Kompany has managed to get good young players from Belgium for Burnley and I think Stevie G would be able to attract some of fantastic young players at Liverpool.

44 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I didn't say he was... genius

Sign of a weak argument is someone who resorts to pointing out grammar mistakes.

Put your command of English to the test -

Cluck off u paftic winker 

Just looks like you've made more spelling / grammar mistakes. At this point, to be expected.

I pointed out some flaws in McKenna as an option and your response was "well just stick with Dean Smith" which sounds like it's only one or the other. That's the implication. Again, you'd need a basic comprehension of the English language to gather that but I perhaps wrongly assumed you did.

Good try though! 🙂

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Just looks like you've made more spelling / grammar mistakes. At this point, to be expected.

I pointed out some flaws in McKenna as an option and your response was "well just stick with Dean Smith" which sounds like it's only one or the other. That's the implication. Again, you'd need a basic comprehension of the English language to gather that but I perhaps wrongly assumed you did.

Good try though! 🙂

Hello, my name's hogesar and I have a superiority complex.

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Hello, my name's hogesar and I have a superiority complex.

Hi, I'm Nexus and I can't cope with people pointing out when I've posted something stupid on the Internet 🙂

• Like 1

And it's "you're".

Unless you're refering to McKenna as a replacement genius, It should be "...only possible replacement, genius".

HTH

• Like 1

Just now, Google Bot said:

Unless you're refering to McKenna as a replacement genius, It should be "...only possible replacement, genius".

HTH

Cheers, it's also "referring".