Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

Be Honest

Are you exasperated with Norwich City or just fatigued with football in general?

People want promotion but don't look forward to the same not so merry-go-round. 

I bet there are multiple fans of clubs who are just tired of the whole set up but express their disaffection at their own players and management. 

• Like 3

My biggest issue is that I can't explain

1. the offside rule anymore

2. Handball

3. Why the ref can look at a TV in some games and not others..

4. Why we appointed Smith. 

• Like 1

The thing is football used to be a working man's game, most of the ownership of clubs are now so far out of touch with the average joe, it has ruined it for most clubs.

The money involved in football and how more and more matches are being televised with daft kick-off times to the detriment of the attending supporters is ruining the game. Likewise with VAR in the Premier League.

Personally I think with Norwich it's the lack of ambition from the top, which has created a berth for unaccountability within the club at all levels, and inadvertently created a tolerance for failure:

The "top 26 club" comment, Terrible signings over three seasons, A great manager in Farke was sacked without a replacement lined up, the timing of the Farke sacking after the win at Brentford, the PR saga with BK8 etc.   Not good enough but yet accepted by the club.

The frankly embarrasing consensus from our supporters is that we don't want to be in the PL as we get ran over every week - this is probably because we do not have the finances or the drive from the leaders within the club to win games. (Again VAR does not help the desire to be in the PL as it is bringing the game into disrepute, and turning the game into a TV show pantomime. No matter one's opinion on VAR, it has ruined the matchday experience for the attending fans).

Edited by TheRock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think supporters general malaise started with our without a whimper abject performances in our two recent excursions in the top-flight....Now it just seems all very 'ho-hum' and all creature of habit and routine to attending games....

I want promotion so much, but a niggling thought inside my grey matter says 'Why? We can't compete and it's gonna be deja vu....

Edited by Mello Yello

There also isn't, and hasn't been a "together" feeling at Norwich for a while now.

This is mainly because all supporters have differing opinions on the Ownership / Club Stucture / Webber / The Manager.

Edited by TheRock

Doesn't help that our own team aren't doing great, but yes, generally fatigued with football in general. Just need to turn on Sky Sports News to experience that. They're obessed with the PL and the big teams, and trying to make transfers some dramatic, it's so boring!

Having said that, watching Welcome to Wrexham helps level things up, real people supporting their local team. If you haven't watched it yet, I would highly recommend it.

20 minutes ago, TheRock said:

The thing is football used to be a working man's game, most of the ownership of clubs are now so far out of touch with the average joe, it has ruined it for most clubs.

This is why people form great new non-league clubs like FCUM, to take back ownership of football.

We need more of that.

If we are to compete in both leagues then the only way to maintain stability is the fact that Delia has stated her and husbands shares go to the Nephew 

Only then if he sells out to the American guy will hopefully any investment happen

PS Then that still is no guarantee, we need a Manager who can get the best out of what we can afford 

Mixture of both really, well a few things

A- The general poor state of football in general (incompetent refs everywhere, gambling sponsors taking over, money being king etc etc..)

B- Our poor and quite frankly boring performances

C- The nonstop negativity and bullying thats goes on here on this forum. Like I get that we are playing poor and tempers are running high but there's no need to be a **** to others about it

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

To me, it seems a lot of people are wrestling with the conundrum of whether they can accept the club selling its soul in return for stability in the lower reaches of the premiership. 

I think all of this would go away if we were playing good football and getting results. At the moment we are on a downward path in the scheme of things, but that can quickly change if we start to look more like the football team we want. This is when you need your big characters in the team to step up, but then there isn't much sign of that at the moment!

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Doesn't help that our own team aren't doing great, but yes, generally fatigued with football in general. Just need to turn on Sky Sports News to experience that. They're obessed with the PL and the big teams, and trying to make transfers some dramatic, it's so boring!

Having said that, watching Welcome to Wrexham helps level things up, real people supporting their local team. If you haven't watched it yet, I would highly recommend it.

You are joking. Thousands of hangers on who have suddenly come out of the woodwork now that Hollywood stars are involved. Real people my asre

I think being a club our size and financial model to have been (and hopefully continue to be as a minimum) a yo-yo club is a massive achievement. There are plenty of clubs without billionaire owners that would kill for our record over the past 5 or so years. 
This dream of being an established club in the premier league is just that, a dream. 3 clubs go down every year and without having a mega rich owner who sees the club as a toy to evaporate their cash without expecting a profit, no team will ever be ‘established’. It’s only a matter of time before the top 15-20 teams in the country all have mega rich benefactors. Ok, the top 5/6 may still be able to run at a profit due to their global support base, but if all teams have rich owners it’s going to be a case of whoever has the biggest wage bill will triumph as they’ll attract the best players. 
Personally I’m happy with our recent history, I’m happy the club has invested in infrastructure as that does separate us from the rest of the non-mega rich and gives us the pull to attract a higher calibre of player, I’m happy with being a yo-yo club that might spend a couple of years in the prem or a couple of years in the champs here and there. Keep this going and we’ll stand out from the rest of the pack until the day the bubble bursts and something gets done about the ridiculous state of football in this country. 

EDIT:TLDR

It wasn’t that long ago our fan base walked around with our chins held high as we were a self financing club operating near the top echelons of football. I’m still that person 

Edited by Vazzza
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

The money involved in football and how more and more matches are being televised with daft kick-off times to the detriment of the attending supporters is ruining the game. Likewise with VAR in the Premier League.

Personally I think with Norwich it's the lack of ambition from the top, which has created a berth for unaccountability within the club at all levels, and inadvertently created a tolerance for failure:

The "top 26 club" comment, Terrible signings over three seasons, A great manager in Farke was sacked without a replacement lined up, the timing of the Farke sacking after the win at Brentford, the PR saga with BK8 etc.   Not good enough but yet accepted by the club.

The frankly embarrasing consensus from our supporters is that we don't want to be in the PL as we get ran over every week - this is probably because we do not have the finances or the drive from the leaders within the club to win games. (Again VAR does not help the desire to be in the PL as it is bringing the game into disrepute, and turning the game into a TV show pantomime. No matter one's opinion on VAR, it has ruined the matchday experience for the attending fans).

So do you want to sell to owners who are so far out of touch with the average working joe or not. This post is entirely contradictory. Even when most football fans were working class men ( support was very gender biased as well), these people didn’t own the club. You can bet that currently most Newcastle fans don’t share your view despite the vile nature of their owners.

Oh it's definitely football as a whole. It's broken. 

That doesn't take away the feeling around NCFC and the results and Smith though, that's our local, personal anger and Disappointment. 

The rift between club and fan base clearly doesn't help, and that rift is only getting wider it's like someone has gone to smith and Jones and told them that they have to choose between their new relationship (Mr 90%) and their family who don't like them (fan base - well most of) 

And they've chosen their relationship. 

• Like 2

I know I’ve said this before but when the World Cup is on go and watch one of our local teams. It’s different, but in a refreshing way and you never know, you might enjoy yourselves 😉

• Like 1

I think most Norwich fans brains are well and truly scrambled. In the words of Phoebe Bridgers I have emotional motion sickness can someone please roll the windows down.

The last four season have been social media brought to life amazing, awful, amazing, even more awful. This season people want it be awful or amazing and it’s neither and people are confused by it. Personally we may limp into an playoff place and then it’s anyone guess.

One more point which I think may explain it is we are best when we are the underdogs this is something we are not in this division anymore but promotion leads to us being no dogs at least in the last two iterations. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I know I’ve said this before but when the World Cup is on go and watch one of our local teams. It’s different, but in a refreshing way and you never know, you might enjoy yourselves 😉

Well the thing is being both a norwich fan and an England supporter is that not only do you set your hopes high only to end up disappointed in the end with your club but you do the same with your national team  too 😂

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well the thing is being both a norwich fan and an England supporter is that not only do you set your hopes high only to end up disappointed in the end with your club but your national team does the same thing too 😂

I forgot that some people follow the national team 😁 I’ll watch them but have no attachment to the England team at all and it really won’t bother me when we fail to get out of our group.

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Got a match in the FA Vase to go to (Hallam v Bury as you're asking). Probably a 1,000 will be there, and you can watch the match with a pint in your hand (but keeping the rain off it might be difficult) and can wander around the pitch. Oldest continuously played at football stadium in the world too! Now that really gets you back in love with the game.

The week before I'm off to watch Norwich play Rotherham at the New York Stadium. Now even if Smith is still in charge and the team play turgidly again, I'll still enjoy the day out - the vitriol I might dish out on here later will just be the hangover kicking in! 😀 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ramrod said:

Are you exasperated with Norwich City or just fatigued with football in general?

People want promotion but don't look forward to the same not so merry-go-round. 

I bet there are multiple fans of clubs who are just tired of the whole set up but express their disaffection at their own players and management. 

If I’m honest , it’s the lack of progress, by that I mean 2 promotions and seemingly no lessons learned.

Same boardroom failings and strategy going forward .

Finally a bit worried about that lot down the A140 , I feel it’s all turning itself around ……. They say football goes in cycles !

I've watched quite a bit of Premier League footy this season and I certainly wouldn't call it boring, far from it. Every game is an absolute battle for 3 pts played at the highest level of technical ability and intensity.

I'm really not enjoying the Championship at all. Yes it's competitive but the quality seems to be getting worse each season. Added to that the soul-less football our lot are dishing out.

I'm afraid I couldn't enjoy lower league football, not for me. Frankly, I'm looking forward to the World Cup break - take my mind off NCFC, which seems to have been a year or so of misery.

As a die hard supporter I just want a certain amount of success and the club to survive all that is thrown at it.
At the moment we are not seeing a lot of success and the latest financial report from all accounts wasn't the best of reading.
Sometimes its really hard to keep the enthusiasm going when those on the pitch were supposedly going to offer so much yet they deliver so little.
As for football in general.I am certainly fatigued and definitely disappointed.
The cheating,play acting,feigning injury,time wasting,falling over at the slightest touch,all manner of bad sportsmanship,coupled with weak referees who are being seriously conned by players have all made football hard to watch and enjoy

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

You are joking. Thousands of hangers on who have suddenly come out of the woodwork now that Hollywood stars are involved. Real people my asre

Nah, it's because they are winning games and near the top of the league.

Can we put our hopes and dreams on the shoulders of Mark Attenasio.  I am sure he could invest a sum for his entertainment purposes cannot see him investing 100's of millions in what is a provincial little club.  However much welcomed if we can see the back of Smith and Jones and get some insughtful busines brains to take the club forward.

7 minutes ago, pete said:

Can we put our hopes and dreams on the shoulders of Mark Attenasio.  I am sure he could invest a sum for his entertainment purposes cannot see him investing 100's of millions in what is a provincial little club.  However much welcomed if we can see the back of Smith and Jones and get some insughtful busines brains to take the club forward.

Do you trust the current SD and Coach if a £100M of investment became available?

Fallen out of love a few years ago with football, the day Neymar moved for 200million is the exact day.

I was on holiday in Cape Verde, a very rundown African country trying to build a tourist industry to generate some much needed money.

I said to my wife about it, and the thing that stood out most was what that money could do for a place that needed it.

Football has been killed by money and I don’t think it will ever recover tbh.

I haven’t been to a game since 2016, as I refuse to put money in peoples pockets that don’t need it.

I still follow City of course but tbh I feel so meh about football, especially in England it’s unreal.

Working here in Oman, I see how much they love football but they have no real stars, the people here love the EPL and La Liga as they like to watch the big teams.

I am hopefully going to a few matches here in the near future, starting with the National team playing Germany on November the 16th, the cost is only a tenner in English money too. Oh how I wish things were that cheap back home! 

14 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I said to my wife about it, and the thing that stood out most was what that money could do for a place that needed it.

Too true, that kind of money would buy some floor tiles at the new Battersea power station shopping center.