Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

Recruitment

Has been woeful in recent years. Webber should never have been involved in this side of the things. I think we must have lost the person who was half decent because over last three seasons we have spent huge amounts for a champs team and got utter dross in return. Has anyone ever paid so much for such mediocrity? 

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Has been woeful in recent years. Webber should never have been involved in this side of the things. I think we must have lost the person who was half decent because over last three seasons we have spent huge amounts for a champs team and got utter dross in return. Has anyone ever paid so much for such mediocrity? 

Yes, Kieran Scott was Head of Recruitment and he left at the end of the last promotion season (can you spot the pattern?) to take over as Director of Football at Middlesbrough.

Kieran Scott isn’t the only member of the senior team to have left over the last couple of seasons either.  Can’t be a coincidence and (massive assumption on my part), but perhaps Webber’s arrogance and tactless public persona make him as likeable to colleagues as he is to fans / Archant or anyone who has the temerity to question any of his decision.  

2 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Yes, Kieran Scott was Head of Recruitment and he left at the end of the last promotion season (can you spot the pattern?) to take over as Director of Football at Middlesbrough.

Think we lost our Chief UK & Europe scout at the same time, early June, to Crystal Palace. Chris Jones.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

It takes some believing this is what Webber blew £60/£70m on last summer....

Gilmour, 

Kabak,  

Sargent,

Tzolis,

Rashica, 

Normann,

Lees-Melou,

Yet not one word of acknowledgment that he screwed up massively.  Instead, Farke gets the bullet and look at us now.  It's scandalous.

Personally, I find it laughable that people are calling for Dean Smith to walk.  The issue is much bigger than the coach.

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Gilmour, 

Kabak,  

Sargent,

Tzolis,

Rashica, 

Normann,

Lees-Melou,

Yet not one word of acknowledgment that he screwed up massively.  Instead, Farke gets the bullet and look at us now.  It's scandalous.

Personally, I find it laughable that people are calling for Dean Smith to walk.  The issue is much bigger than the coach.

The issue is much bigger than the coach.

Certainly is , that's for sure .

1 hour ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Gilmour, 

Kabak,  

Sargent,

Tzolis,

Rashica, 

Normann,

Lees-Melou,

You are missing a few players from there though?

Gunn, Giannoulis and Gibson included in that summers spend (latter two were loans to perm).

Although I do agree with your overall point, that Farke was the fall guy for Webber's terrible recruitment.

When Dean Smith showed that it really was the standard of the players it should have been Webber next to walk the plank.

I still think Dean Smith is a clueless plonker with no ideas though. Just that it shouldn't be Webber picking his replacement this time, let Neil Adams have a go.

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Recent years?

Arent you the guy who went on about what great business we’d done last summer, before most of the signings turned out to be duds?  Talk about revisionism!  

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think Everton were doing a Norwich in regards to sh!t player recruitment and blowing millions but they have turned it around a little. That just leaves us as the biggest money wasters in recent history

34 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You are missing a few players from there though?

Gunn, Giannoulis and Gibson included in that summers spend (latter two were loans to perm).

Although I do agree with your overall point, that Farke was the fall guy for Webber's terrible recruitment.

When Dean Smith showed that it really was the standard of the players it should have been Webber next to walk the plank.

I still think Dean Smith is a clueless plonker with no ideas though. Just that it shouldn't be Webber picking his replacement this time, let Neil Adams have a go.

Agree with you re Gunn. The rest were previous season’s signings, under Kieran Scott’s tenure, regardless of how the deal was structured.