Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

Most of the players don't look too bothered ?

Too many look like they are going through the motions, a lot of them out of contract in the summer, many don't fancy another season in the premier league with Norwich maybe? Nothing to get excited about, a team who look like they have been chucked together with no playing style. 

What frustrates me is the lack of leaders in the team. We've gone from having a squad filled with leaders like Martin, Snodgrass, Johnson, Howson, to McLean. We seem to have built a squad of nice guys with little fight. I mean Hanley as captain says all you need to know about this current squad. 

I think its a mixture of players who don't want to be here, players who don't have confidence and belief that they used to, players who need a boot up their backside but aren't getting it because the manager is too placid, and players who are just out of their depth.

• Like 2

To be fair I thought Aarons put a shift in. Yes he was shreaded by their LW first half, but he was getting zero backup from Sideshow Bob and our pathetic midfield.

I don't think he's lost the players but that counts for nothing nowadays if you aren't getting results and performances are poor.

Smith is failing on all bases, I don't see a way forward with him.

A few have checked out now tbf. Ironic Todd is one of the ones still trying.

• Like 1

Are you surprised that our players do not look bothered? Attitude begins at the top and filters down. Dean Smith has no passion , loyalty or ambition for this Club, so why should the players beneath him have any ? They are mostly journeymen players who know they are at their level (middle of the Championship), most of them saw that they cannot cut the mustard in the Premiership so why bother trying to get there? Apathy, disinterest, lethargy are all descriptions that can be accurately  aimed at the majority of our squad and coaching staff. All of them look as if they are just marking time until an off ramp opportunity reveals it’s self.

25 minutes ago, graz said:

A few have checked out now tbf. Ironic Todd is one of the ones still trying.

I think the Bournemouth loan might have been a wake up call, regarding his worth on the market. Probably realises his best chance of a decent contract is here.

46 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Probably Smith bored them to death before kick off with some rant... .errr uplifting charismatic team talk

Team talk? Oh, that's so last century. Just like having a game plan. The modern manager just looks at the statistics and tells the players 'Do whatever you want. Express yourselves.'

Edited by canarybubbles