graz

New Manager Debate

Good grief, our last-5 form looks like a team rooted to the bottom of the league.
Only team in the entire league to have no wins in the last 5.
Bottom of the recent-form table.

Last-5.jpeg

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd love this, said to be massively involved at Burnley, loves the club, has ambitions to coach, will get teams fired up and could be a great coach.

For sure, it could go wrong, but it can't be worse than Smith's utter dross.

I wouldn't care if it did 

I just want someone to believe in, someone who cares as much as I do.

Ive listened to a couple of recent pod casts with him, he still calls Norwich home, he's so articulate about coaching and management and is so driven to succeed.

10 minutes ago, astro said:

Knutsen is still my preferred choice. 

Dreaming. He’s looking lower prem or maybe Celtic if Ange Postecoglu goes to lower prem. 

I’m unconvinced by him but you’d put the u23 manager in temporarily, then probably go and get Russ ultimately. 

Russell Martin.

He's a bright young coach with a blossoming reputation, has a distinct, modern style of play and this squad is well suited to what he'd want to do. 

Even ignoring the fact he used to play here, he's my number one choice. 

Why people would go for Robins over Martin is beyond me. Robins is just a solid yet unspectacular, generic, middle-of-the-road clone of Dean Smith.

• Like 4

Gerardo Seoane, Carlos Corberan, Russell Martin, Scott Parker.

Definitely not Robins, Gerrard or Dyche.

From how their teams play, you’d think Robins or Russ Martin. Edit - forgot Parker, could do far worse. 

Still not sure about the Knutsen thing - with all the vacancies across Europe over the last 12 months, why is he still there? No one - better or worse than us - seems to have gone for him. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Seoane seems like he'd be out of our range, but that's a pretty strong shortlist.

Just being speculative while he's out of a job. Only has one year in a top five league, but definitely on the way up. Knutsen would also be a good shout, but as has been said elsewhere I think he's probably set his sights higher than the Championship.

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

About to get the WBA job 

Saw that he'd been linked, but maybe if we sack Smith tonight... 😉

The amount of people advocating Scott Parker is actually making me feel physically sick. Would genuinely rather stick with Dean Smith. With Hughton as assistant manager! Christ! I mean, Scott Parker!!??? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

• Like 1

Whoever is in charge of dortmunds under 21’s get them in ! 
We should have stuck with the plan and got a upgrade on farke 

that is what Webber sold us having a DOF would do continue the work from coach to coach without a big change if and when a coach left / sacked 

not get someone in completely different 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

The amount of people advocating Scott Parker is actually making me feel physically sick. Would genuinely rather stick with Dean Smith. With Hughton as assistant manager! Christ! I mean, Scott Parker!!??? 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

If you don’t like him he’s oddly moved right up my list!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Is it his hair? It's a bit plastic looking isn't it!

This thread should be taken down by the moderators. All talk of replacing Dean Smith is inappropriate. He is a genius. He is totally motivated for success and committed to this Club.

Edited by kenfoggo

As I've said before, I think the underlying issue has been the inability to replace Buendia in any way shape or form.  But right now we're sleepwalking into mediocity - a blind man could see that Smith is not going to turn this around.  Maybe nobody can... maybe the squad was simply overrated... but surely we have to try something before it's too late as we're going to be bottom half in 2 more games.

Smith was banging on about chances created being the highest in the league not long ago, but just having 1 shot on target seems to be a struggle now.  How can we create so few chances with what is supposedly an attacking outfit?

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Dreaming. He’s looking lower prem or maybe Celtic if Ange Postecoglu goes to lower prem. 

Really hard to see someone from Norwegian league (except old star player of EPL team) to be recruited as a manager/head coach of EPL team. I think the more common way would be through Scotland or Championship. Its not easy to get into EPL (and often not to Championship and SPL either) straight from smaller leagues and can only recall Solskjäer as single exception in near future. Or am I missing someone else?

I think he'd instantly jump into a plane if he'd be asked for interview.

30 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's now official, so that's him out of the running. 

He could really get West Brom going.

WBA will finish higher than Norwich. Will have a charity bet with anyone who disputes it.

6 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It's now official, so that's him out of the running. 

He could really get West Brom going.

I’d been suggesting him for months even made a thread about it. Part of me wants him to do well so I’m proven right but that would most likely be at some detriment to Norwich.