graz

New Manager Debate

Smith will be going soon. Maybe not tomorrow but he doesn't work here. So what are our serious options?

Fan favourites Robins/Martin empathy with the club

Chris Wilder knows how to manage a team at this level 

Dyche? Not my cup of tea but might come here

Ryan Lowe? Having a good season but a risk imo.

2 minutes ago, graz said:

Smith will be going soon. Maybe not tomorrow but he doesn't work here. So what are our serious options?

Fan favourites Robins/Martin empathy with the club

Chris Wilder knows how to manage a team at this level 

Dyche? Not my cup of tea but might come here

Ryan Lowe? Having a good season but a risk imo.

Don’t forget that boardroom, it’s so cosy for the Fab Four. 

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Pretty sure it would be Robins ...

Hope so personally..

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

No debate about it we need a new manager.

We need more than a new manager, head coach. Would you really trust the man who will be making that decision. The fraud .

Just now, Captain Holt said:

What's the fascination with Robins? They're bloody 22nd

That club is a s**tshow at the moment. Played less games than everyone else. It's a miracle they aren't bottom tbh.

I personally want Scott Parker. He’s the stand out candidate from managers who are unemployed. He has two championship promotions on his cv from two different clubs. Best way to get out of the league in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Craig Bellamy

I'd love this, said to be massively involved at Burnley, loves the club, has ambitions to coach, will get teams fired up and could be a great coach.

For sure, it could go wrong, but it can't be worse than Smith's utter dross.

• Like 1

Pleeeeeeeease, there must be so many blossoming coaches worldwide that we don’t need to go for robins or Martin just because they played for us?

Would they really be the best candidates for the job? Really? If so, then I retract that first paragraph.

Would people even consider them if they didn’t have Norwich connections? 

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I personally want Scott Parker. He’s the stand out candidate from managers who are unemployed. He has two championship promotions on his cv from two different clubs. Best way to get out of the league in my opinion. 

I just don't know if I can cope with his cashmere cardi 😆

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

What's the fascination with Robins? They're bloody 22nd

He took over when they were in League 2, as a club Coventry are a shambles. The fact they're not bottom is a miracle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

Pleeeeeeeease, there must be so many blossoming coaches worldwide that we don’t need to go for robins or Martin just because they played for us?

Would they really be the best candidates for the job? Really? If so, then I retract that first paragraph.

Martin is certainly more blossoming than Robins is but the connection does certainly strengthen their support. The human element shouldn't be ignored however. Since the first day Smith walked in fans have bemoaned his lack of connection, with Martin that wouldn't be the case.

3 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I think Robins has earnt his stripes tbf, and due a chance at a bigger club. How much longer were perceived that way, is another question.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

I know what you're saying but I feel like we need someone who connects with the fans. Maybe I'm just getting old and sentimental 🙄

Just now, Cantiaci Canary said:

Too big for us now ... and maybe always was.

Possibly, but Bodo are trailing in the league this year and their European campaign hasn’t been a great success. It’s possible now is a better time for him to move than previously. 

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

He took over when they were in League 2, as a club Coventry are a shambles. The fact they're not bottom is a miracle. 

Coventry have been very well run for the last few years in terms of their transfer dealings, led by a guy who Webber brought here I believe.

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

Actually, good point.

I'd take Robins over Martin though for sure, he has a tonne of experience now and has never had a chance at a club with good players.

But certainly, I probably wouldn't be mentioning Robins if he hadn't played for us.

Don't want Martin anywhere near the job.

I feel we should look abroad again.

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Too big for us now ... and maybe always was.

Agreed..why I didn't mention him..