Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Stuart Webber

Surely there isn't a Norwich fan left who can't see the guy is an absolute charlatan and a fraud?

Is there?

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Webber has failed, ultimately. 

In terms of football, we’re back to the place we were when he took over. Next season we’re financially in the same place too. 

The summer recruitment was last chance saloon for Webber, and he failed miserably, again. 

Sara, Sargent, Tzolis and Rashica. £40 million. Let that sink in. Depressing. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Surely there isn't a Norwich fan left who can't see the guy is an absolute charlatan and a fraud?

Is there?

Probably not.

And don’t call me Shirley!

I really struggle to understand how anyone can support him. I understand and appreciate that he has helped develop the training ground, having sold the previous regimes gems to do so. 

Under him we have had 2 promotions, but there is little to show for it and out attempts at staying up having been laughable. The squad is no stronger than when he joined, there is more disconnect between fans, the local media and the club than I can recall.

He has spent more money than any previous regime and the majority of that has been on utter crud, some of which aren't deemed good enough for the championship. 

We have no identity, our signings don't seem to make sense but are based on stats.

Add to that the latest signings of Smith and all his nonsense in the media last year, he just has to go.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The summer recruitment was last chance saloon for Webber, and he failed miserably, again. 

Sara, Sargent, Tzolis and Rashica. £40 million. Let that sink in. Depressing. 

Let’s not forget Gilmour, Kabak, Normann and Lees-Melou. It was a complete shambles.

And this summers recruitment doesn’t look very clever either.  We have an unbalanced side with no wingers and couldn’t invest after last summers massive errors.

The one thing that really winds me up about Webber, was the ‘continuity’ sell, which I, along with many, bought. 

I expected players and managers to be lined up and replaced with like for like, all bought into a defined style and culture.

It’s been far from that, almost scatter gun. The idea was right, the execution appalling.

It pains me to say it, but a top sporting director with a progressive outlook, probably sells Pukki last summer. Foreseeing what’s happening this season, having his replacement already through the door.

Webber has failed the very standards and ideology he set out when he arrived. He’s accountable for this current situation. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Normann and Lees-Melou. .

Funny thing is, I think these two would look a hell of a lot better than our midfield currently does. (And that should be the damning thing really) (and apart from Gibbs) 

• Like 1

Yes he may be credited for improvements to the training ground but as a paying customer I don't really care about that as I never go there.

Any improvements on the pitch are being eroded at a rapid rate and whatever legacy he has or had is dwindling by the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes he may be credited for improvements to the training ground but as a paying customer I don't really care about that as I never go there.

Any improvements on the pitch are being eroded at a rapid rate and whatever legacy he has or had is dwindling by the day.

Anybody could be a project manager. This project was already underway when he arrived. Its not exactly all his idea. Most good clubs have upgraded there facilities over the last few years. The only thing I would credit him for is the soccerbot. Yeah   not sure what a master stroke that is either. Bob the builder is a fraud and has been taking a very handsome salary. A new manager that many are calling for , cannot be chosen by the charlatan  . Webber should walk he is an embarrassment for Norwich City FC. His time is over here  .

50496_1664546778_tb.jpg?v=0

Instead of landing around 1am aboard this from Manchester with the rest o' the gang.....

Our Webbo should be travelling back with the hardy loyal away support on Club Cabbage....I'm sure a few fans would be asking him a few pertinent questions to keep him occupied on the long journey home....

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

totally agree 

i do not buy that that was all down to Webber 

yes he improved the training ground but any DOF with two years Of PL money would have upgraded the club training and spent money where needed upgrading thats what you do when you have money to spend etc 

he couldn't have done that without the success farke brought to the club 

its called progress

Webber was fantastic at the start but when the big money calls had to made in the transfer market he failed 

his recruitment the last two season no excuses is shocking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, priceyrice said:

I really struggle to understand how anyone can support him. I understand and appreciate that he has helped develop the training ground

Right well its been sorted now hasn't it, so he can clear off.

I had a builder come and build me a lovely extension. Did a fantastic job.

But I didn't keep him in the house pouring mugs of teas down his neck when it was finished, I paid him for his work and he cleared off.

46 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

The one thing that really winds me up about Webber, was the ‘continuity’ sell, which I, along with many, bought. 

I expected players and managers to be lined up and replaced with like for like, all bought into a defined style and culture.

It’s been far from that, almost scatter gun. The idea was right, the execution appalling.

It pains me to say it, but a top sporting director with a progressive outlook, probably sells Pukki last summer. Foreseeing what’s happening this season, having his replacement already through the door.

Webber has failed the very standards and ideology he set out when he arrived. He’s accountable for this current situation. 

Well done Sir. This is the most accurate summary (or at least the most aligned with my opinion) that I think I have ever read on here.

Hats off to you.

Question is, why have no local journalists ever asked for an explanation of this from Mr Webber, because this is the big issue in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

The worst long-term effect of Webber is that he has helped to drive a split between the fanbase and the club.

He can be forgiven mistakes in recruitment - it's not a science and every club makes them. What he can't be forgiven for is his arrogance towards the fans and the local media - this has set the club back far more than buying a few duds.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

The worst long-term effect of Webber is that he has helped to drive a split between the fanbase and the club.

He can be forgiven mistakes in recruitment - it's not a science and every club makes them. What he can't be forgiven for is his arrogance towards the fans and the local media - this has set the club back far more than buying a few duds.

Yes!! This, this and absolutely this. 

The continuity argument would've been true if we hadn't said post 20/21 that we were going to change the style, sign more 'physical' players in order to compete in the PL. There was no farkeball in those first 10 games last season, it had already been thoroughly ditched. I would accept a change of style if the club believed that was required in order for us to succeed in the PL but if the club was able to realise change was needed for the PL it must realise it needs to change now too.

Edited by repman
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Is there?

It appears from this forum Keith that a vast majority believe our problems are down to Dean Smith. The players aren't good enough and that is 100% on Webber but like Webber did with Farke the fans want to make the manager the scapegoat. For all the PL multi millions we've had, Webber has taken us back 10 years. Farke was a good guy that didn't have PL players to work with and Smith also a good manager trying to get a tune with mid Chump level players. You don't get anywhere without some degree of quality and apart from Pukki and maybe 1 or 2 others we are bang average. That is not Smiths fault

• Like 2

Webber safe in his job, Delia loves him, Attanasio very impressed, both blind to his wasting millions.  Mrs W Chief Exec whern did that happen.  Chelsea interest soon evaporated.  Stuck with him unfortunately

Webber was very eager to blame his predecessors when he came in saying they had blown all the money badly - well matey mountaineer you have done the same - all we have really got is a damn good training centre - thanks for that and close the door on the way out and take that mug smith with you (plus his tea mug)

Edited by Helsinki canary
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Well done Sir. This is the most accurate summary (or at least the most aligned with my opinion) that I think I have ever read on here.

Hats off to you.

Question is, why have no local journalists ever asked for an explanation of this from Mr Webber, because this is the big issue in my opinion.

As soon as the tough questions started, he banned them access! Too ‘great’ to be subjected to scrutiny of criticism. Almost Roeder like…How on earth did he defend this policy to the higher echelons of the club? It’s a massive red flag, along with the fan skirmish. 

The sad answer is, he didn’t have too. Delia has given him and his wife too much power.

Webber will decide when he leaves and how he does it. And it’s odds on we’ll be back in the same place as we were when he arrived - despite plenty of fantastic platforms (some created by him) to really drive this club on. I say same place, it might be worse. There will be no investment in January and the financial black hole starts as soon as promotion is impossible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pete said:

Webber safe in his job, Delia loves him, Attanasio very impressed, both blind to his wasting millions.  Mrs W Chief Exec whern did that happen.  Chelsea interest soon evaporated.  Stuck with him unfortunately

Indeed so; his wife isn't going to sack him and Attanasio certainly won't. He leaves on his own accord.

I agree with all of the above and see no point in sacking Smith if Webber is still here. Webber signs the players and we are told Farke wanted three quality players and what did he get a load of rubbish. Not content somebody at the top, probably Webber, decided to change our style of play and now we watch this rubbish, added to that his complete arrogance where it's everyones fault accept his means he should walk first. I find it mind blowing that our majority shareholders can't see what the fans can and not for the first time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pete said:

Zoes not a CEO, her title is  Executive Director 

Edited by Diane
Spelling

Whatever her title Diane, she is the senior executive, she's the one on the board and paid over £600k a year for her troubles, so much that she should be able to take tough decisions when they are needed. However as I've said on here many times, with married couple owners dominating board without an independent chair, a married couple in the senior executive roles and an FD "married" to the auditors, where is the independent challenge. I hope Attanasio will bring it, but realistically that is still some time off while he finds his feet.

The current run would have seen practically every other club in the league change the head coach. The latest accounts would have been a cue for a change in executive management in any other corporate. As the reason for the loss was put down to player trading that person is the sporting director.

The evidence for change is there and there can be little in the way of grounds for the defence.

The Board must act.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Whatever her title Diane, she is the senior executive, she's the one on the board and paid over £600k a year for her troubles, so much that she should be able to take tough decisions when they are needed. However as I've said on here many times, with married couple owners dominating board without an independent chair, a married couple in the senior executive roles and an FD "married" to the auditors, where is the independent challenge. I hope Attanasio will bring it, but realistically that is still some time off while he finds his feet.

The current run would have seen practically every other club in the league change the head coach. The latest accounts would have been a cue for a change in executive management in any other corporate. As the reason for the loss was put down to player trading that person is the sporting director.

The evidence for change is there and there can be little in the way of grounds for the defence.

The Board must act.

Agree sheff  .  But the situation is so unhealthy  , actually who in reality is the board 🤔.  Its one embarrassment in reality.

Edited by Mengo

Never hear from the guy now, guess the next time he raises his head will be when and if we ever get back to the prem, then he will be wanting the credit again. 

31 minutes ago, Diane said:

Zoes not a CEO, her title is  Executive Director 

And that is complete semantics. Its a CEO under a different name.

3 minutes ago, daisy said:

Never hear from the guy now, guess the next time he raises his head will be when and if we ever get back to the prem, then he will be wanting the credit again. 

We'll here from him when he decides to add wingsuit flying to his list of hobbies and tells us that he's going down to 80%.