cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh?  From their one shot on target?  Why does that make us fortunate? I watched the entire game, they created very few proper chances.  In fact, Pukki missed the best chance of the game.

No he missed one of the best chance they had a point blank side foot which their player put wide when he really should have scored! They outclassed us all game bar ten minutes. They passed and moved really well, credit to Kompany to be able to turn a club like Burnley up into a footballing side shows what a class manager can do! Not the turgid ****e we’re seeing.

4 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Oh?  From their one shot on target?  Why does that make us fortunate? I watched the entire game, they created very few proper chances.  In fact, Pukki missed the best chance of the game.

A chance can be good even if it isn't on target...

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm only wound up by South Sider's appalling grammar because he's just suggested I "learn how to read".

I suggest he learn how to write if he wants people to decipher his rantings.

you really should learn to read context.

grammar aside, context is its own beast. stop reading things in a way that allows you to twist the words into creating a narrative of your own choosing

literally learn to read

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is it in football? 

If it isn't, why should I give a f*ck?

hahahahah

this is the most fun ive had this evening. to be fair the bar was crazy low

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I suspect your xG thing will judge that at least a couple of their 15 other shots were very good chances. I remember thinking Brownhill was about to smash one home but hit it wide, and there was another I didn't see in the first half as I was making a cuppa but it caused my missus to say "it's a good job they can't shoot".

I can see why you're focusing just on the shots on target metric because it suits your agenda, but we were crap and deserved to lose. I don't put much stock in it, but I'd imagine the xG will support that premise with room to spare.

Did anyone notice Kompany on the sidelines, constantly talking to his players, making adjustments from the sidelines! Our manager had his hands in his pockets as normal!

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

hahahahah

this is the most fun ive had this evening. to be fair the bar was crazy low

Come on you two. Give it a rest. Group hug 🤗 @TeemuVanBasten @South Sider

Edited by astro
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes how positive…..cruising to a point because they lacked that final ball! OK BP I appreciate the positive outlook but that’s one win in 8 and he’s now lost as many games in the first 17 than Farke did his entire championship winning season!

Who said it was positive?  No one. But it is true nonetheless.  I want us to play more positively and win games, but v Burnley away who are on a roll, with our injuries, I’d have settled for a battling point.   We’d have got it but for one mad moment.

• Like 1

Just now, South Sider said:

literally learn to read

I must have missed all of your really interesting posts, I'll admit that I can't remember ever reading any of them.

5 minutes ago, GJP said:

Wasn't McCallum beaten rather easily for the cross that resulted in the penalty? 

Wasn't the only time either.

I still maintain he looks a better prospect than Demi.

Yes he was beaten quite easily,just be thankful that that player didn't start the game and it was Demi facing him.Burnley have been playing two good fast wingers most of the season and have been using the long ball out from the goalkeeper to some success.

1 minute ago, astro said:

Come on you two. Give it a rest. Group hug 🤗 

I'm not hugging him, I don't know what tropical skin conditions he brought back from Durham.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Before the game I was all for waiting until the WC break- I believe I said on a different thread, 'unless the Burnley game is a disasterclass'.

It wasn't good. I think we would now need to win 12 in a row for the majority of the fanbase to be back on the managers side. I'm not one to panic about results, but that felt exactly like last season except we're level lower and supposed to be one of the better ones.

I think Smith is probably in his last throes

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Did anyone notice Kompany on the sidelines, constantly talking to his players, making adjustments from the sidelines! Our manager had his hands in his pockets as normal!

That’s just a lie.  

I must have missed all of your really interesting posts, I'll admit that I can't remember ever reading any of them.

funny, cos ypu yet wound up as f*ck by every single one usually

must be reflective of your general cognitive ability

i love you tvb

Honestly, I’m glad to be an ST holder when it’s so obvious we are about to start a new era of dominance playing phenomenal football and dominating teams with ruthless efficiency and guile. 

That’s the crack talking. I’m wondering why £60 pcm is going into the funding of something that offers no joy in return. I literally look forward to the before and after more than the filling in the middle, this is when time needs calling on this management. It happened for hughton, it happened for grant, it’s time we get our filling back. I’m going to keep paying and keep supporting, but I’m going to hope the club are as quick to rid us of a perpetually underperforming Smith as they were of an occasional underperforming Farke who at least offered joy now and then. And no I don’t want him back (yes I actually do) but ca no you see Smith getting us results against Man City? Or but for sh1tty VAR be well ahead against spurs? No. What we get with Smith is ‘oooh better not lose at Burnley. I’ll park the bus just to be safe’. 

f*** that 

Edited by SwearyCanary

1 minute ago, astro said:

Come on you two. Give it a rest. Group hug 🤗 

my arms are open

it's was only moments ago I declared my love for tvb

im all affection

• Like 1

Cantwell is nowhere near his best but he was at least having quite a few touches and playing with a bit of enthusiasm. Sara, who was non existent, should have been withdrawn with Cantwell moving central and Hernandez coming on much earlier. We were totally outclassed first half but Burnley were no great threat with the final ball.

That’s just a lie.  

Is it? Did you actually watch the game? Kompany was clapping his players, constantly communicating…..funny enough the sky presenter just mentioned it too, I suppose he’s a lier too?

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Yep. His motion obviously triggered the cameras. Smith was like a starched fart.

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agreed. Tomkinson and Omo at the back before the end of the season.

My own preference would be three at the back.Those two possibly with Hanley in the middle.

Just now, vos said:

Cantwell is nowhere near his best but he was at least having quite a few touches and playing with a bit of enthusiasm. Sara, who was non existent, should have been withdrawn with Cantwell moving central and Hernandez coming on much earlier. 

Agree.

Cantwell looked likely to make something happen.

Sara didn't break a sweat.

Like I just said, I'm not hugging you.

No means no.

naaaw, ill press them against you, probably the most action you've ever seen

how can you turn that down

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Is it? Did you actually watch the game? Kompany was clapping his players, constantly communicating…..funny enough the sky presenter just mentioned it too, I suppose he’s a lier too?

I watched it - plenty of times they focussed on Smith and he was talking tactics s/shouting to the players.  Much the same as Kompany.  To say otherwise is simply wrong. 

Over a third of the season now gone.

No plan, no style and no idea.

Smith has run his course.

I watched it - plenty of times they focussed on Smith and he was talking tactics s/shouting to the players.  Much the same as Kompany.  To say otherwise is simply wrong. 

OK, you really do need watch it again on a few occasions he stood there with hands in pockets! Looking down. But hey keep the positive Smith line going! It’s terrible football with a bunch of two time premiership players!

That was a pathetic watch. Even Burnley are mince  , but we are a poor excuse for a half decent football side. Wow we are poor  very poor.