cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Genuinely, this squad is massively overrated. 

The criminal thing, is that we don’t have a squad that’s minimum top 6 standard. Recruitment is the main reason for the last 18 months. 

It is a top-six squad. If there is a problem that is not it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

If that was cruising to a point! We were outclassed in the first half! 👍 nicked a point would be better way of putting it!

Eh?  We both had two shots on target - one of theirs was a penalty.  We might not have been hugely threatening but had nullified them to very little.  We were cruising to a point. Tell me honestly, which bit of that do you disagree with? 

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 minutes ago, South Sider said:

im thoroughly enjoying how angry this is making you

must be absolutely infuriating to be embarrassed about your lack of football knowledge by someone you believe to be inferior

im so happy 😂

Yes, you do make me angry, I find your grammar particular offensive. My grandparents paid a lot of tax for the state to fail your education.

Your ignorant happy clapping and deep sense of denial doesn't anger me at all, that just makes me pity you. Now please phone Canary Call, I could do with some entertainment. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, yellow 63 said:

Popcorn ready for Canary Call  🙉

Just a shame Chris Goreham isn't there to get all hot under the collar about criticism 🤣🤣 

It really is a shame, he's a fantastic commentator.

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

exhibit B

honestly

Will do for me. Just get Smith and Webber asap, in the same taxi if it has to be.

Tomkinson and Mccallum have acquitted themselves well tonight.I think I prefer McCallum to Demi

• Like 3

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Eh?  We both had two shots on target - one of theirs was a penalty.  We might not have been hugely threatening but had nullified them to very little.  We were cruising to a point. 

Second half maybe, but we were very fortunate to not be behind at half time.

Just like this season, the result eventually caught up with the performance. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, you do make me angry, I find your grammar particular offensive. My grandparents paid a lot of tax for the state to fail your education.

Your happy clapping and seep sense of denial doesn't anger me at all, that just makes me pity you.

AGREED very offensive he is -  perhaps got anger issues

Smith & Jones cannot afford to dump S & S so carry on falling down the table. Never mind it’s only a game and think how bad it would be if we have to play the scum next season.

Your happy clapping and seep sense of denial doesn't anger me at all, that just makes me pity you.

This brings up a question - if someone who is particular about grammar is colloquially known as a "grammar N*zi", does that make their victim a "grammar Jew" then? 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Grumpy said:

Tomkinson and Mccallum have acquitted themselves well tonight.I think I prefer McCallum to Demi

Wasn't McCallum beaten rather easily for the cross that resulted in the penalty? 

Wasn't the only time either.

• Like 1

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Eh?  We both had two shots on target - one of theirs was a penalty.  We might not have been hugely threatening but had nullified them to very little.  We were cruising to a point. 

Yes how positive…..cruising to a point because they lacked that final ball! OK BP I appreciate the positive outlook but that’s one win in 8 and he’s now lost as many games in the first 17 than Farke did his entire championship winning season!

1 minute ago, Grumpy said:

Agreed. Tomkinson and Omo at the back before the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Cruising suggests a measure of control, which we never had in this game. Yes we defended the box well but cruising is just silly. We were hanging on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

It is a top-six squad. If there is a problem that is not it.

I keep hearing this, but how is it? 

There’s no Buendia, Skipp or even Vrancic (who could change games) and other players like Hanley, Pukki and Aarons are stale, and not the same players. 

How is this squad anywhere close to our last championship one, or even top 6?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

This brings up a question - if someone who is particular about grammar is colloquially known as a "grammar N*zi", does that make their victim a "grammar Jew" then? 😉

I'm only wound up by South Sider's appalling grammar because he's just suggested I "learn how to read".

I suggest he learn how to write if he wants people to decipher his rantings.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

5 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Smith will say they only had two on target too, shame one was a penalty.  Let's not mention that shall we, it makes it easy for him to defend himself.

May have had only two on target, but penalty or not, their centre forward scored, our misses!

I'm only wound up by South Sider's appalling grammar because he's just suggested I "learn how to read".

I suggest he learn how to write if he wants people to decipher his rantings.

Amusingly, I'm probably more finicky with German grammar than I am with English. Some colloquial German usage (particularly getting cases mixed up) make me roll my eyes so damned hard I'm sure I can see last night's dinner.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Second half maybe, but we were very fortunate to not be behind at half time.

Just like this season, the result eventually caught up with the performance. 

Oh?  From their one shot on target?  Why does that make us fortunate? I watched the entire game, they created very few proper chances.  In fact, Pukki missed the best chance of the game.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I keep hearing this, but how is it? 

There’s no Buendia, Skipp or even Vrancic (who could change games) and other players like Hanley, Pukki and Aarons are stale, and not the same players. 

How is this squad anywhere close to our last championship one, or even top 6?

The team might be questionable but the manager is a proven mediocre championship manager, one top six finish……..oh but he kept Villa up! God this football on the pitch was ordinary and Cantwell put himself about defended well and Sara who was absent all game stayed on!

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Your ignorant happy clapping and deep sense of denial doesn't anger me at all, that just makes me pity you. Now please phone Canary Call, I could do with some entertainment. 

I have a degree from Durham University, but please, te your grandparents im erm..... grateful?

i also imagine me actually being educated but not concerned about how I type on my phone on a football forum full of armchair managers, clueless reprobates and qualified referees must drive you mental

this pleases me