cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

Absolutely flat performance that. Whole club is stale from top to bottom. What is the point in Norwich City? The club could fold tomorrow and the wider football world wouldn’t notice.

Kompany has got Burnley playing some decent football!

Never mind, at least we’ve got a nice training ground 

Edited by Wilson
  • Haha 2

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

The irony of somebody who writes like a 16 year old who has just failed GCSE English Language telling me to 'learn to read'.

Just look at the complete state of this post. No capital letters where they should be, missing full stops, you've written "ur" instead of "you're", you don't use apostrophes, and then you start telling people to learn how to read.

Mirror. Look. The. Into.

clutching much?

at least I understand comprehension and what im reading. youve done well to deflect this to anything but the fact that you have absolutely no clue about football.

cute

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

The most frustrating thing is that Gunn has barely had anything to do.

It would have just been interesting to see if they could have broken us down in normal play were it not for that ridiculous handball

I was beginning to think they weren't

Exactly. Burnley pushed hard but whilst we had issues with runners breaking past midfield, we did defend the box well. I do think under Farke we'd have conceded a few much more presentable chances under that sort of pressure and needed Gunn to make more saves.

At the same time, we were turgid in possession and unable to put many passes together, which didn't help re. the pressure coming in. Tomkinson's performance is a big positive tonight though. He's earned another crack.

• Like 1

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

Kompany has got Burnley playing some decent football!

Very impressive. And the comparison does Smith no favours, it has to be said.

• Like 1

Annoying - we were totally cruising to a point, they’d done very little to be alarmed about, then Hanley messed all the hard work up.  His bookings were stupid both Saturday and tonight, too. Strange.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 shots on goal!! And one of those was the miss by Pukki! Dreadful NCFC display once again. Deservedly beaten.

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Out of the top 6 and played a game more than those around/below us. At what point do we arrive at panic stations?

Im not fussed about going up but if Atanasio walks because we’re not there then we are back to square one. 

Why/how would he walk? I don't think you can just return however many £m of shares to the seller...

Just now, South Sider said:

clutching much?

at least I understand comprehension and what im reading. youve done well to deflect this to anything but the fact that you have absolutely no clue about football.

cute

No, you are a moron, I've seen more literate people in the comments section of the Daily Sport. 

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

Tomkinson's performance is a big positive tonight though

Agreed. Thought McCallum did ok given how quickly he was thrust back into the team, too. 

I’m sorry but apart from ten minutes at the start of the game, Burnley deservedly won that game, good job they didn’t have a final ball as it could have been a lot worse! Pukki had a chance but would have been harsh on Burnley. Can we get someone in wo gets us playing like Burnley please!

• Like 2

To be dominated by Burnley with a squad that had hoof ball ingrained into them for years and offer zero threat to them is surely enough to show Smith has massively underachieved over a longer timeline. He HAS to go. Kompany has got a team to adjust their style is a very short time frame and they look like league winners, we just do not remotely. 

Im not being entitled, I’m not disrespecting the opposition. We have become utterly utterly dreadful under Smith. In the EPL I could’ve been persuaded that pragmatic was a necessity to survive which ultimately failed, but in the championship why is the pragmatism still there? And why is the man insisting on it still in post when it’s clearly still failing? 

Act now. Save our season 

• Like 2

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

Norwich now have a mountain to climb.

GET IT, WEBBER?!

Its OK, chill, the players have decided they only give 90% but Delia is cool with that.

• Haha 1

The most painful bit is that this run of results isn’t a surprise. It’s not that we’re a bad team but we’re not good enough and we should be better. In this exceptional season of a massive break for the World Cup there is an opportunity to change now and almost have another pre-season but I doubt we will have the bravery to do it. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, you are a moron, I've seen more literate people in the comments section of the Daily Sport. 

im thoroughly enjoying how angry this is making you

must be absolutely infuriating to be embarrassed about your lack of football knowledge by someone you believe to be inferior

im so happy 😂

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Annoying - we were totally cruising to a point, they’d done very little to be alarmed about, then Hanley messed all the hard work up.  His bookings were stupid both Saturday and tonight, too. Strange.

If that was cruising to a point! We were outclassed in the first half! 👍 nicked a point would be better way of putting it!

Just now, king canary said:

Why/how would he walk? I don't think you can just return however many £m of shares to the seller...

My understanding was he’s effectively given a loan to the club that will turn into shares if he wants to get more involved, otherwise it’s just debt to be repaid at 7.5%  if memory serves. A lot of the talk at the time was “if things go well” then he gets more involved. No one talked about what happens if things do not. Obviously as a team in the prem he would remain committed, and he probably still will. But it’s less attractive. 

Weird match Norwich second best all over the pitch but apart from penalty did Gunn make any saves. Then Cantwell and Pukki miss big chances. 

4 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Never mind, at least we’ve got a nice training ground 

And Soccerbot, 👍

3 minutes ago, City 2nd said:

2 shots on goal!! And one of those was the miss by Pukki! Dreadful NCFC display once again. Deservedly beaten.

Smith will say they only had two on target too, shame one was a penalty.  Let's not mention that shall we, it makes it easy for him to defend himself.

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Undisciplined play cost us the match, again.

Having just 1 shot on target also cost us the match. 

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Russell Martin?

next youll be suggesting we sell our captain and most cb in the muddle of a defensive crisis in january

oh wait