cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

We are totally outnumbered in midfield. Plus two marauding full backs. Poor old Sarge and Todd don't know whether their arris are bored, punched or countersunk. They cannot be expected to cover the full backs and yet get up and support Teemu. Nunez and Sara are outnumbered three to two and cannot get two passes together.

Deano had a brainwave half way. Swap Sarge and Todd. FFS man, play 4-1-4-1 or just 4-4-2.

Deano has to go. He hasn't a clue. We can see it. Why can't he?

Maybe he's actively trying to get the boot, lovely little pay off and he gets out of a job that he doesn't really want to be in. 🤔

Just waiting for our 20 minute spell early 2nd half. Get two quick goals. Then sit back and they get 4 like they did at Sunderland! Hey ho.

Just now, sgncfc said:

You're all watching a different game to me. A decent away performance so far against by far the best team in the league who are unbeaten in 14 games and undefeated at home, with two unfit/untried players in the back 4. Burnley have looked good up to their final ball, which has been pants. Gunn has made one very easy save. and has had little else to do or be concerned by. Organisationally, we look fine. Sara coming more into it in the last 20 minutes, Cantwell looking interested.

If we can keep them at 0-0 for the first 20 minutes I think we could nick this.

That’s the sort of rational view id like to take, and I don’t disagree. But in context of recent performances it’s a hard sell. 

It genuinely does look like Smith has sent them out with absolutely no game plan at all….utterly hopeless.

Only  positive is Tomkinson has been ok.

Really don’t know what has happened to Aarons his positioning is appalling and constantly leaving man unmarked.

I honestly don’t think smith cares….needs to go tonight regardless of result. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Radio Norfolk has cut out, yet again.

Due to the unique way the BBC is funded....

3 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Ever since we sacked Farke (regrettable but necessary at that stage) we have messed it up. 

The transfer window before sacking Farke was the biggest f*ck up of all, and lets face it the club made Farke the fall guy for that when we all know that he was a Head Coach not a Football Manager.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

You're all watching a different game to me. A decent away performance so far against by far the best team in the league who are unbeaten in 14 games and undefeated at home, with two unfit/untried players in the back 4. Burnley have looked good up to their final ball, which has been pants. Gunn has made one very easy save. and has had little else to do or be concerned by. Organisationally, we look fine. Sara coming more into it in the last 20 minutes, Cantwell looking interested.

Yeah, it's all of us who are wrong!

• Like 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

This is the most worrying comment on the thread.

Hayden is a proven Premier League quality player that we are making look sh1te in the Championship. 😱

OTBC

The one caveat to this being that he has been rushed back from a long time out because yet again we failed to recruit properly 🤣🤷

2 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

You have no justification for reasoning we could nick this. Its a hunch, a guess, a dream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

What are we paying a manager for if our players are picking the game plan? 

PG Tips pay half his salary

34 minutes ago, Spillay said:

Max getting done time n time again

Yes  time and time again😡

Sarge looks off it . Pukki too.

Zaroury had Max on toast until Max shoved him & got the yellow. Haven't noticed Zaroury since. Weird - unless it's because Todd switched across? Though I think he's gone back.

The level of hatred on this board is insane. I think some of you are certifiable.

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Maybe he's actively trying to get the boot, lovely little pay off and he gets out of a job that he doesn't really want to be in. 🤔

Perhaps his missus doesn't like Roys of Wroxham?

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only positives I can really take from it

One other positive is that it's still 0-0. Given the lack of experience/fitness in the back four we've held out pretty well.

The more worrying thing is that we're probably playing our first choice front six and we've been very much second best. 

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

You have no justification for reasoning we could nick this. Its a hunch, a guess, a dream.

Alien landing more likely on present evidence.

1 minute ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I can really see either Hayden or Aarons getting a red, wouldn’t be surprised to see Gibbs replace Hayden very soon. As for the performance, so poor it’s hardly worth commenting.

Depends what the players decide the subs should be. 

5 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Only  positive is Tomkinson has been ok.

McCallum has defended well a few times for somebody who has clearly been rushed back.

Think he's our best left back at defending, and Dimi is our best left back at going forward.

Basically lets give Cantwell a new contract then build a team around Gunn, McCallum, Tomkinson, Mumba, Idah, Rowe, Springett, Cantwell and Gibbs, and f*ck the rest of the overpaid c*nts off along with Webber and Smith.

Time for a revolution.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

8 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Ever since we sacked Farke (regrettable but necessary at that stage) we have messed it up. We needed Webber to appoint another progressive manager in the same ilk - to move the project forward. Instead  (perhaps because he was more into mountain climbing and had lost his football never/ mojo?) he appointed a regressive old school manager in Smith. A man who hasn’t looked particularly interested since day one. This caused our lovely playing style and vision to be axed- and we end up with the shower that is tonight. some of the championships best payed and most expensive players looking terribly ordinary. It’s a shocking demise in 18months 

you mean someone who might have came here instead of smith Vincent Kompany for one 

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

The one caveat to this being that he has been rushed back from a long time out because yet again we failed to recruit properly 🤣🤷

Norwich City Football Club - failing to recruit adequately since 1902...

OTBC

7 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Dean, put your phone away and concentrate on the team talk please 

Edited by mrdi

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

How is this so different to a few weeks ago… yes Huddersfield and Millwall… but we were really starting to look like an organised side - we’d lose to both of them right now!

Is playing Pukki and Sargent the main issue?

Dont think so, we have just midfield three who look like they dont have any common understanding and each are extremely slow defensively in closing their man. It is extremely easy to find spaces between them and due to that we had to switch pressing midway first half and drop Sargent and Todd deep as well. That leads that we never win balls in places where we dont provide any offensive threat in transitions.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The transfer window before sacking Farke was the biggest f*ck up of all, and lets face it the club made Farke the fall guy for that when we all know that he was a Head Coach not a Football Manager.

This.

Webber had to prove it wasn't him who shat the bed so that he could move on to bigger and better things at the end of his contract after all his signings saved us from relegation

Worked a treat, obviously

Being a plastic I ummed and arrghed about whether to get a Sky Sports pass to watch this. Didn't bother in the end because I kind of knew how it would be. Never suprise us these days do they?

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

One other positive is that it's still 0-0. Given the lack of experience/fitness in the back four we've held out pretty well.

The more worrying thing is that we're probably playing our first choice front six and we've been very much second best. 

Perhaps we and doing the opposite of Saturday where we are junk in the first half and not the second