cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, not behind. Wonder what the plan is for the secod half as so far it's been either pass the ball backwards or just hoofball it forward to pukki and pray

Better ask the players, because Dean doesn't give them any plans.

I don't see what Hayden brings that Gibbs doesn't.....Nunez waaaay to deep. Cantwell lot's of running for absolute nout. Pukki running a line forrow. What, why, etc. Soooooooo poor

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, not behind. Wonder what the plan is for the secod half as so far it's been either pass the ball backwards or just hoofball it forward to pukki and pray

That's been the "tactics" all season. 

Think McCallum, Sara and Tomlinson all playing well.  

Played our way back into it in the latter of the half. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Kiss of death but I will say we've generally defended our box pretty well, specially considering the injuries.

Yeah the one minor positive is that despite the domination the Burnley chances haven't been great. The concern is how long that lasts, especially with Hayden and Aarons both on yellow cards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Have you turned yet Hogesar?

Is this dire enough for you to get it now? The players have no idea what they are supposed to be doing. There is no plan, there is no identity, Dean Smith does not know how to use these players, and everybody is regressing.

How long do we persist?

We lose tonight and fail to beat / perform vs Stoke and it'll turn on Smith I'm sure. And with this recent run no-one would miss him I'm sure.

We are low on confidence and Burnley are sky high so im not surprised to see us second best. The first 30 minutes were abysmal but we started to look a little better last 10 or so. Let's see how we come out second half.

Trying to think of the last time we were outclassed in the Championship. That 0-3 vs Leeds at the start of Farke's first title-winning season?

Might only be 0-0, but they look a cut above. 

Just one for some of the more delusional posters: don't worry, you're not alone

Ever since we sacked Farke (regrettable but necessary at that stage) we have messed it up. We needed Webber to appoint another progressive manager in the same ilk - to move the project forward. Instead  (perhaps because he was more into mountain climbing and had lost his football never/ mojo?) he appointed a regressive old school manager in Smith. A man who hasn’t looked particularly interested since day one. This caused our lovely playing style and vision to be axed- and we end up with the shower that is tonight. some of the championships best payed and most expensive players looking terribly ordinary. It’s a shocking demise in 18months 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

The midfield and attack is as strong as we've got. 

Let's not be giving Smith some kind of **** pass here. 

No comment.😬😉

9 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

are we really as sh1te as these stats suggest?

Yes, we've been dominated for the whole half by Burnley.

On the odd occasion that we manage to win the ball back we've struggled to string two passes together. 

Only positives I can really take from it is that McCallum is showing that he's a competent defender, Cantwell is working hard, and Tomkinson is holding it together having been thrown in the deep end.

Our midfield and attack other than Cantwell have been completely anonymous. 

We also have Aarons and Haydens on bookings already, and Aarons has just been torn to shreds for 45 minutes. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Dreadful stuff.

But it's still 0-0 and we couldn't be this poor 2nd half.

I want my Norwich back, not this shoite 😥

.... we couldn't be this poor 2nd half... 

Hmmmm

12 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Sara the one positive so far. But if Smith doesn’t sort out the overload down their left we will get punished soon. 

Really? I think Sara has been worst player on field. Constantly out of position defensively, leaving huge gaps in midfield, and just jogging when should close his player. Funny how differently we can see the game  🙂

Well somehow we’ve weathered the storm a bit snd have crept into the game although more through luck than judgment.

Possibility of pinching this 

Vincent Kompany's Burnley are certainly Sky's darlings...painting them out to be Barcelona because they can string a pass or two together.

They arent a patch on what we used to be able to in this league under Farke

..but it does show how our method has regressed under Smith

...unless the plan is to wait for Burnley to tire themselves out and catch them with a breakaway smash and grab??

Just now, hepphep said:

Really? I think Sara has been worst player on field. Constantly out of position defensively, leaving huge gaps in midfield, and just jogging when should close his player. Funny how differently we can see the game  🙂

I just cannot see a £10million player there. Another one to add to the RvW, Naismith, Tzolis, Rashica scrapheap 

• Like 1

Not a great showing but - I do think if Farke had managed this team we'd have coughed up a few much more presentable chances (and probably conceded one) but been far tidier in possession.

Pukki and Nunez off for me with Gibbs and Hernandez on. Gibbs to shore up a bit more in the middle, Hernandez to provide a counter-attacking weapon.

Edited by TheGunnShow

You're all watching a different game to me. A decent away performance so far against by far the best team in the league who are unbeaten in 14 games and undefeated at home, with two unfit/untried players in the back 4. Burnley have looked good up to their final ball, which has been pants. Gunn has made one very easy save. and has had little else to do or be concerned by. Organisationally, we look fine. Sara coming more into it in the last 20 minutes, Cantwell looking interested.

If we can keep them at 0-0 for the first 20 minutes I think we could nick this.

• Like 2

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

I just cannot see a £10million player there. Another one to add to the RvW, Naismith, Tzolis, Rashica scrapheap 

I really do think we need to stick to signings under 5m... Anything over that that we touch turns to shïte 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He literally said this mate, not sure if you've seen:

“We give the players all the information they need & a good look at this opposition for each match, then the players come up with a game plan"

That's what Dean Smith said, from the horses mouth. He doesn't give them a game plan. 

What are we paying a manager for if our players are picking the game plan? 

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Vincent Kompany's Burnley are certainly Sky's darlings...painting them out to be Barcelona because they can string a pass or two together.

They arent a patch on what we used to be able to in this league under Farke

..but it does show how our method has regressed under Smith

...unless the plan is to wait for Burnley to tire themselves out and catch them with a breakaway smash and grab??

It's a nice theory but our head coach has admitted there is no plan

We are totally outnumbered in midfield. Plus two marauding full backs. Poor old Sarge and Todd don't know whether their arris are bored, punched or countersunk. They cannot be expected to cover the full backs and yet get up and support Teemu. Nunez and Sara are outnumbered three to two and cannot get two passes together.

Deano had a brainwave half way. Swap Sarge and Todd. FFS man, play 4-1-4-1 or just 4-4-2.

Deano has to go. He hasn't a clue. We can see it. Why can't he? Oh, I forgot, he leaves it to the players.

Edited by keelansgrandad

22 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Hayden looks crap. 

This is the most worrying comment on the thread.

Hayden is a proven Premier League quality player that we are making look sh1te in the Championship. 😱

OTBC