cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

Sara the one positive so far. But if Smith doesn’t sort out the overload down their left we will get punished soon. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Yeah I'm moving over pretty swiftly to the 'time for a change' camp.

One of us, one of us. 

It's all for the greater good - the greater good. 

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think I’d take Pukki off and put Sargent through the middle. I’d rather Ramsey as an extra body in midfield. 

Agree,

If we get out of this without them scoring, It'd be a miracle.

1 minute ago, Richard Richard said:

If Smith really did say what's being quoted on here then words f*****g fail me...

I suspect quite a few players with relegation ptsd are also happy to just tick along and pick up the wages and don’t really fancy a good go at it. At least that is how they are playing - honestly we are better than this. Each week we look a little worse than before  

Remember when we used to pass like this ?  It's like they have an extra man on the pitch at times.  That said, still 0-0 and there were signs a moment ago that we were considering playing some football.

Edited by Barham Blitz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, unique said:

Not long before we’re down to ten men…….

Your not wrong 

Perhaps we are trying to lull them into thinking this is too easy, then hit them with a breakaway in the 89th minute 

4 minutes ago, Chippy Minton said:

How come Kompany has completely changed Burnley’s style in 4 months, yet we are worse than we were when Smith arrived?

Because, as others have said, Smith doesn't set them up in any way, they give them info on the upcoming oppo and then let the players decide how to play. 

Ol' brummie mcteamug does jack shït in regards to setting the team up to play on matchdays. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I suspect quite a few players with relegation ptsd are also happy to just tick along and pick up the wages and don’t really fancy a good go at it. At least that is how they are playing - honestly we are better than this. Each week we look a little worse than before  

Why would they not fancy a go at it?

Why wouldn't they want to A) Play in the Prem B) Get a payrise?

Todd's done alright.  At least he's putting a shift in and being positive when he can be.  Tactics wise though, it's very, very ugly.

• Like 2

No doubt the board will p**s around before doing anything about this as usual. Once the rot has set in how many have turned it around? None.

This 4-3-3 is utterly dire. We need a dedicated pair of DMs who screen the defence. Hayden is constantly outnumbered. It's amateur. 

1 minute ago, Richard Richard said:

If Smith really did say what's being quoted on here then words f*****g fail me...

Yep he said what’s being quoted, his style….whatever it is, is truly awful. He has said on numerous occasions about us counterattacking, but we don’t have the speed or the cutting edge to counter attack.

5 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

And that some of those who have lost confidence are quite happy to continue the 'punt it up field' strategy if it means they can get rid of the ball quicker. Text book low confidence player, can't get rid of the ball quick enough and doesn't want to have to consider options.... been there in my Anglian Combination career!

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

This is appalling. Utterly appalling. Can’t keep the ball, can’t find a man, can’t track a man. Everyone looking around wondering what they should be doing. After the years spent laying the groundwork of a style and identity, Webber has spaffed the whole thing up the wall. The longer Smith’s tenure lasts, the clearer Webber’s abnegation of responsibility becomes. Absolutely raging. Thanks for listening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

This 4-3-3 is utterly dire. We need a dedicated pair of DMs who screen the defence. Hayden is constantly outnumbered. It's amateur. 

You can't seriously be suggesting that only one out and out CDM in the squad isn't enough? 

Well, who'd have thunk it hey 🤣

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah I'm moving over pretty swiftly to the 'time for a change' camp.

This is gash and I don't understand what we're aiming for here. We know Burnley will want to dominate play, press high and defend high and we seem to have a plan that involves trying to play in behind quickly when we get the ball but our only player with real pace (Onel) is on the bench. It isn't the first time the team selection doesn't seem to match the plan either- see Dowell starting against Watford.

I'm also starting to wonder if Nunez is actually just a bit rubbish- after a bright start his complete lack of any physical ability seems to be undermining him. Every game seems to pass him by right now.

Majority of the half its like we have a man less in midfield unfortunately with Nunez. 

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think I’d take Pukki off and put Sargent through the middle. I’d rather Ramsey as an extra body in midfield. 

I'd get Onel on for the pace- he either can exploit the space left by their fullbacks or at least force them to think twice about getting so far up the pitch so often.

• Like 1