cambridgeshire canary

**Norwich V Burnley- Tomkinsons debut edition**

Hopefully we've bought back Mike Bassett and it's actually 4-4-f'in-2!

Anyone know why so few teams are playing mid-week?  Seems to be only 2 champs fixtures tonight and none tomorrow.  Be typical we get a loss and also sit a game ahead of those around us.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And I could be elected prime minister!

You would likely do a better job than the last and present incumbent.

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Surely Tomkinson has been in the first team squad all season. Fourth choice I know but surely fourth choice is there to be played?

Agreed, but he will.mke mistakes, he was okay against B'ham and Bournemouth, big night for the lad - and for Smith.

Just now, canarybubbles said:

It's a no-lose for the Smith set. 

Get thumped and it's because he was unlucky with injuries. Anything else and it proves he's a genius.

I'm no fan of his but it would be very harsh to slate him with the team he's left with tonight. (I probably still will though😉)

• Haha 1

Way too much football being played just for the financial FIFA boost of the World Cup.

No wonder players are getting injured all the time.

• Like 1

Just now, Newtopia said:

Agreed, but he will.mke mistakes

He could also come in and stake a claim to the starting 11.  Wouldn't take much to leap Gibson let's be honest.  If he holds position and keeps his head.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Sorry, excuses end here.

We always have CB issues perhaps we should be looking at, recruitment , poor medical staff and poor man management, poor fitness coaching.

Only half of those are Smiths purview.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

He could also come in and stake a claim to the starting 11.  Wouldn't take much to leap Gibson let's be honest.  If he holds position and keeps his head.

I thought Gibson did OK in the last couple of games. He was far from the worst IMO.

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd still say this is only 2 players from our strongest XI....its the best front 6 (mid/attack) we have at the club

That’s the thing, we’re not too far off what could be our first choice XI but with an extremely weakened bench, and not-match-fit defenders.

This season feels 1 step forward and 1 back with injuries.

Just now, Newtopia said:

Agreed, but he will.mke mistakes, he was okay against B'ham and Bournemouth, big night for the lad - and for Smith.

If Smith keeps losing he's toast. Saturday was a big game and he didn't lose it. But then he could win tonight and then be sacked. That's what happened to Farke.

Hope we win and Tomkinson is MOM.

17 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Sorry, excuses end here.

We always have CB issues perhaps we should be looking at, recruitment , poor medical staff and poor man management, poor fitness coaching.

I mean, having to play an inexperienced young player making his debut away against one of the better teams in the league alongside a fullback who's not match fit isn't Smiths fault, no matter how desperately people may try to twist it 

Just now, Monty13 said:

Only half of those are Smiths purview.

Is anything Smith's purview? He doesn't come up with the game plan, apparently.

11 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Entirely possible at the moment

I would say its quite likely to be fair. Can't be long before one of us gets drawn out the hat.

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Would love it if does.  He is tall and quick, let's hope it goes well.  USA USA

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm no fan of his but it would be very harsh to slate him with the team he's left with tonight. (I probably still will though😉)

Away from home, makeshift team full of unfit players in poor form against one of the best teams in the divison. I'm not saying it's panic stations but..

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

The midfield and attack is as strong as we've got. 

Let's not be giving Smith some kind of **** pass here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I mean, having to play an inexperienced young player making his debut away against one of the better teams in the league alongside a fullback who's not match fit isn't Smiths fault, no matter how desperately people may try to twist it 

Agreed, although he must have had a say in how many CB's and CDM's are in the squad, and there profile, I.e. High potential, seasoned Pro, and injury risk etc.

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

The midfield and attack is as strong as we've got. 

Let's not be giving Smith some kind of **** pass here. 

Attack attack attack, attack.....

Nailed on 0 0 now.

If there is a game for Hanley to actually score from a corner (ok, he's scored one with his feet this season), then away to Burnley, considering he played for Blackburn for several years, is the game to do it in.

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I am happy to get proper negative at half time if it's awful but I just can't start a game pessimistic.

Absolutely all games start 0-0.

Still think we have enough going forward to cause them problems.

Big responsibility on the front six tonight. They have to keep the ball better and make it easier for the back four. It looks an attractive, attacking team and I hope all of them take it seriously but show no fear.