Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Our captain has his say.. And he's not happy with you!

Maybe that's what it is. They've downed tools after the fans weren't grateful for their mesmerising performances against blackpool and coventry.

Realistically I think our squad are streetwise enough to know that they've not been at it. Must be frustrated as it sure hasn't been through lack of effort. Desperately hope that the return of Hayden and Giannoulis can be where our season really starts.

I don’t think there anything wrong with what he said. He’s right for one that there are bigger problems in life than a football game. However it would be nice if he showed a more positive spin than then generic monotone interview. 

It's to be expected that there is a section of permanently disgruntled fans who hear something from someone at the club and decide it means something else.

This is a perfect example.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Monty13 said:

I mean it’s even embedded in the tweet, takes 30 secs to listen to it and realise this attack on him is utter ****.

More rubbish posted by Cambridge. What a surprise!

Not a worthwhile contribution to the forum and not CC trying to be mischievous either. Just someone who trawls all media outlets for NCFC snippets, half reads them then reposts them without any filtering. And for what purpose? It’s the equivalent of a Labrador rolling in a dead squirrel then coming up to you for a pat on the head for it. 

Sort it out Cambridge. 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I don’t think there anything wrong with what he said. He’s right for one that there are bigger problems in life than a football game. However it would be nice if he showed a more positive spin than then generic monotone interview. 

Yes, he sounded/looked a bit p^ssed off imo, probably at journalists stupid questions...

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Not a worthwhile contribution to the forum and not CC trying to be mischievous either. Just someone who trawls all media outlets for NCFC snippets, half reads them then reposts them without any filtering. And for what purpose? It’s the equivalent of a Labrador rolling in a dead squirrel then coming up to you for a pat on the head for it. 

Sort it out Cambridge. 

100% this.

Some of the stuff he/she posts is interesting but there’s far too much about other clubs. SC is right that if someone posts on here they need to know what they’re posting. Far too often CC’s posts have a title that bears little or no resemblance to the post’s content.

It’s off-putting enough when people are hammering out posts at 100mph but littered with typos but when they make little sense too it does become a bit of a turn-off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

100% this.

Some of the stuff he/she posts is interesting but there’s far too much about other clubs. SC is right that if someone posts on here they need to know what they’re posting. Far too often CC’s posts have a title that bears little or no resemblance to the post’s content.

It’s off-putting enough when people are hammering out posts at 100mph but littered with typos but when they make little sense too it does become a bit of a turn-off.

I’m a typo merchant sadly. Fat fingers and small phone syndrome 😂

9 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

Can’t say I’ve noticed although trying to post on a phone is tricky even at normal speed. I suspect CC uses a full size keyboard but with such furious frenzy that to avoid burning the house down it’s a special water cooled model 😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Stirring up ill feeling against our captain by taking a quote out of context doesn't reflect well on you, cc.

CC doesn't have to stir up bad feeling against Hanley for me, he's next in line after Kenny for the "whilst he is an automatic start in our team we'll never survive in the EPL should we return" treatment. That kick at Sharp on Saturday was fùcking stupid, not what a true leader would do. He may also win headers before others but none of them are directed and inevitably put us under pressure immediately, but it's okay he's good for a last ditch tackle.

Accepting that, the sooner Hayden can do a full 90 minutes, give him the captaincy so Isaac can give Grant a bloody good rollicking every 5 minutes!

🤨

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, he sounded/looked a bit p^ssed off imo, probably at journalists stupid questions...

Definitely this. You do tire of the same questions over and over again and his response and tone of voice was exactly that. Very easy to bite.

6 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Just your phone ? 😉😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, hogesar said:

He is a very good CB at this level.

its shows his quality  how many goals conceded 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Lack of leadership and enthusiasm = we need a  Duncan forbes who could show  these missing attributes 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Someone's been watching too much Game Of Thrones.

Next week:

* Ser Grante Hanley stripped of captaincy by Lord Hand Shakey for refusing to bend the knee to King Deano after Small Council meeting

* Ser Todde Cantewell sent to The Wall for refusing to take part in set piece training

* Grand Maester Delia courting foreign gold from across The Narrow Sea

* High Septon Stewarte Webber accused of treason for farting about on his dragon when he's supposed to be finding us the next Emi

You're probably right Ser Wolfe (well, House of the Dragon anyway). 

They have been bending the knee a lot in recent seasons! 

Hanley you be ll end. Keep you gob shut. Hey there is more to life though. You haven’t got to worry about anything with how much you get paid. Your head is f ucking huge, head the ball instead of put your hand up you c unt. Fed up now. 

Edited by Billyboybunters

1 hour ago, Billyboybunters said:

Hanley you be ll end. Keep you gob shut. Hey there is more to life though. You haven’t got to worry about anything with how much you get paid. Your head is f ucking huge, head the ball instead of put your hand up you c unt. Fed up now. 

Could you just fcuk off then. 

• Haha 1

On 24/10/2022 at 18:17, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not a great response from Hanley. He wasn't asked how this result compares to the war in Ukraine, the cost of living crisis or our farcical government. Of course there are bigger problems, but that's your job so maybe take some responsibility and take it seriously. With that attitude from a captain no wonder we're sh1t. 

• Like 2