Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Our captain has his say.. And he's not happy with you!

Well feelings mutual, We're not happy with THEM 🤣 

Maybe that's the issue " we're not going to complain about 1 win in 7 " 

Well Grant my boy, maybe you should be complaining. 

• Like 1

Could have been worse at 7.05 a floated cross was headed by our "great leader" not out of the box but inside the box to McBurnie, it was only a last ditch block by Aarons that stopped us losing another game.

Edited by overthebordercanary
wrong bit of text
  • Like 1

He's probably just troubled about how he's going to pay his electric bill on his pittance of a wage...🤔

Apples

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Christ that's a disappointing response from Hanley.

Not a happy camp I fear.

Am I missing something? If one thing is obvious, the players are still playing for Smith. It's hugely obvious when that stops. 

On top of that what's with the thread title? Did he say anything about us as fans at all??

His tone of voice sounded rather defensive to me, with a hint of aggression. He's really lost his cool a couple of times in recent matches. I think he's feeling the strain. I imagine they all are. They're playing as if they are.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Am I missing something? If one thing is obvious, the players are still playing for Smith. It's hugely obvious when that stops. 

On top of that what's with the thread title? Did he say anything about us as fans at all??

Well yes we know there are bigger problems life, but a bit more rounded response may have been more prudent.

I cannot comment on the thread title maybe ask Cambridge as I didn't pick up on anything about the fans.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

pathetic cambridge. sort your context out. taking a tweet from some random and calling it news as well as just making up what he said

what a stupid way to attack a player for no reason

1, he's right. there are more important things

2, he said nothing about not being happy with he fans. your attention grabbing headlines are becoming a joke

3, last time I checked, buying a ticket and travelling wasnt compulsory, neither did it entitle you to value for money in the form of seeing a win/holding a lead

• Like 8

What was disappointing.

I didn't hear anything remotely disappointing. He's just answering questions.

What would folk rather he said?

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Title cc should be . Our Captain has his say. That's it end of story. He says nothing about the fans

And he's not happy with you ( do you mean the pinkun posters 🤔🤫

Edited by Mengo

I don't blame Cambridge for how people react. He's our very own bot. It's like on Facebook when you get the 'news' you want to see. Best to fact check him🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't blame Cambridge for how people react. He's our very own bot. It's like on Facebook when you get the 'news' you want to see. Best to fact check him🙃

I have still not heard back from the sun or daily mail, after all my hard work training my clickbait skills.. Maybe I should try the express? 

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I have still not heard back from the sun or daily mail, after all my hard work training my clickbait skills.. Maybe I should try the express? 

I'm not fact checking you in those Tory rags 🙃

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Are they? They may still have fealty to Smith but they haven't really been playing

5 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Are they? They may still have fealty to Smith but they haven't really been playing

Someone's been watching too much Game Of Thrones.

Next week:

* Ser Grante Hanley stripped of captaincy by Lord Hand Shakey for refusing to bend the knee to King Deano after Small Council meeting

* Ser Todde Cantewell sent to The Wall for refusing to take part in set piece training

* Grand Maester Delia courting foreign gold from across The Narrow Sea

* High Septon Stewarte Webber accused of treason for farting about on his dragon when he's supposed to be finding us the next Emi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I don't particularly care what he says. But the fact is i've been saying for a while now he's a very average CB and even less of a captain. He's probably quite happy bouncing along in the Championship rather than having to face anyone like Haaland!We have no leaders on the pitch,and his needless kick into the midriff of Sharp on Saturday would have been a red card if VAR was in the Champ.

Has anybody seen him raise a clenched fist,or raise his voice in anger at any time on the pitch.If we were to get promoted we would need to replace him and Gibson as soon as.

• Like 2

You've been a bit mischievous here, cc.

I heard this interview with Chris Goreham. Hanley was answering a question about whether 1 win in 7 was becoming a problem psychologically for the players.

His response was that there are bigger problems in life and the players know how lucky they are to be playing football for a living.

Stirring up ill feeling against our captain by taking a quote out of context doesn't reflect well on you, cc.

For those that have read this far, the interview is at 40 minutes here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0d4ghg9

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

If I'd have been Chris Goreham and told they were sending Big Grant out I'd have delegated the interview to Rob Butler...

24 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I heard this interview with Chris Goreham. Hanley was answering a question about whether 1 win in 7 was becoming a problem psychologically for the players.

His response was that there are bigger problems in life and the players know how lucky they are to be playing football for a living.

Stirring up ill feeling against our captain by taking a quote out of context doesn't reflect well on you, cc.

For those that have read this far, the interview is at 40 minutes here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0d4ghg9

I mean it’s even embedded in the tweet, takes 30 secs to listen to it and realise this attack on him is utter ****.

24 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

To be fair he was picking up a tweet, that cherry picked 4 words spoken in a longer interview.

Taking reponses out of context is a real bugbear of mine.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If you want to practice your click baiting skills do it anywhere but don't do it on here

• Haha 1

I'm no massive Hanley fan, he's a bang average CB..... Even at this level, and doesn't appear to me to have any captain qualities..... HOWEVER, saying he's slating the fans in this interview is a nonsense. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Someone's been watching too much Game Of Thrones.

Next week:

* Ser Grante Hanley stripped of captaincy by Lord Hand Shakey for refusing to bend the knee to King Deano after Small Council meeting

* Ser Todde Cantewell sent to The Wall for refusing to take part in set piece training

* Grand Maester Delia courting foreign gold from across The Narrow Sea

* High Septon Stewarte Webber accused of treason for farting about on his dragon when he's supposed to be finding us the next Emi

We could do with a few of them giants to play centre-back - probably more mobile than The Grunt and Ser Gibson the Vanquished. 

4 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

His tone of voice sounded rather defensive to me, with a hint of aggression. He's really lost his cool a couple of times in recent matches. I think he's feeling the strain. I imagine they all are. They're playing as if they are.

I'd be frustrated as well if I'd been involved in a 9 game unbeaten with 23 out of a possible 27 points where loads of people had gone 'meh, false results', but they're all throwing their toys out of the pram literally the first loss afterwards and give literally no credit for an away point against one of the best clubs in the championship, who were top a few games back. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie