Sjb

Smith doing a grand job

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Said it before and I'll say it again

Going up with the team we have right, with the coaching we have right now, and all our nonstop injuries would be a disaster

Feel like we need a whole 'nother season in the champs before we go up..

I assume you're 1 of the 50 who don't want us to be promoted this season?

I'd hope that we would strengthen the squad and not rely on 'this team' in the EPL? Hopefully the US investors will ramp up their involvement as well.

If NCFC doesn't get promoted this season we'll be in a far worse position next; squad wise (you can kiss goodbye to Pukki, Aarons and Cantwell for a start) and financially.

4 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Going up with the team we have right, with the coaching we have right now, and all our nonstop injuries would be a disaster

If we changed the coaching we could look a whole lot better than we do right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I think the fact these players will probably sign deals with other clubs in January and then be avoiding getting injured will be really tough to manage.  We need fire and hunger at the exact time the players will be looking at pastures new.

So they wouldn't be able to sign a pre-contract with an English club, that probably rules out Byram or Dowell signing a pre-contract as can't see either moving overseas for some reason.

But I do wonder about Cantwell who must have attracted a bit of attention in Holland and was linked to Greece at one point, no kids etc either, and Pukki will have deals all over the place.

What will be an issue though is tool downing. If players get to the last few months of their deals are they going to go full steam into 50/50s or protect themselves against injury? I think its quite dangerous getting to the end of lots of contracts at the same time, we've seen it happen at other clubs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think it's most likely there'll be a major capital injection from Attanassio upon promotion

But I said how can we afford it if we fail to win promotion. 

I wouldn't be as concerned if we had another big wedge from Sky TV coming in.

As a club, being in the Premier League is (currently) 100% a financial necessity. 

Others have pointed out the obvious risks of not achieving this, however I’d suggest next season, we may well be receiving two relatively established prem teams to contend with and dare I say, a local derby to boot, where form can count for little and they may be rejuvenated from our last 14 years ‘toying’ with them……the league will be tougher for sure.  

14 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

As a club, being in the Premier League is (currently) 100% a financial necessity. 

Others have pointed out the obvious risks of not achieving this, however I’d suggest next season, we may well be receiving two relatively established prem teams to contend with and dare I say, a local derby to boot, where form can count for little and they may be rejuvenated from our last 14 years ‘toying’ with them……the league will be tougher for sure.  

If we're going to regress to being stuck in this league as a mid-table side after a massive cloth cutting exercise and have to resort to sh*tting ourselves when we play Ipswich then fine, we'll take it on the chin like we always have as Norwich fans.

But I do think Norwich fans will want to see us attempt to play some nice passing football in the process, such is our footballing DNA. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

If we're going to regress to being stuck in this league as a mid-table side after a massive cloth cutting exercise and have to resort to sh*tting ourselves when we play Ipswich then fine, we'll take it on the chin like we always have as Norwich fans.

But I do think Norwich fans will want to see us attempt to play some nice passing football in the process, such is our footballing DNA. 

But that wasn't the case in 2018. It was only when we started winning in the autumn that the nice passing football was appreciated.

I think winning football is the only key to a happy fan.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But I said how can we afford it if we fail to win promotion. 

I wouldn't be as concerned if we had another big wedge from Sky TV coming in.

That's a question for IF we get to a point when we've actually been stuck in the championship for a few years and we actually have to deal with it. Pointless worrying about that sort of thing unless it actually happens; bear in mind that's the position we were in when Pukki and Buendia turned up on the first place for next to nothing.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

That's a question for IF we get to a point when we've actually been stuck in the championship for a few years and we actually have to deal with it. Pointless worrying about that sort of thing unless it actually happens; bear in mind that's the position we were in when Pukki and Buendia turned up on the first place for next to nothing.

No, it is a question to asked before this summer when those players are free agents. 

Why would the question of how do we replace Pukki asked "In a few years", when his contract expires in 8 months?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And lots of different players with quality

Bournemouth seem to be doing ok after a couple of seasons in the Champs.

Obviously early days but Sheffield Utd look to have a decent chance of promotion in their second season down.

Genuine question: were/are they in a better position than we would be? Take TvB's point about players being out of contract, but is there anything else to take into consideration

Edited by Robert N. LiM

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No, it is a question to asked before this summer when those players are free agents. 

Why would the question of how do we replace Pukki asked "In a few years", when his contract expires in 8 months?

Maybe you should make friends with the club scouts and ask them, because there's no way anyone on this board has any answers to your question, and even if it does become reality, it's all out of our hands. Ifs and ands, pots and pans. Like I said, pointless question. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Obviously early days but Sheffield Utd look to have a decent chance of promotion in their second season down.

Genuine question: were/are they in a better position than we would be? Take TvB's point about players being out of contract, but is there anything else to take into consideration

Quite. And we did fine getting promoted again after a few seasons in the Championship. But obviously the harbingers of doom don't recognise that sort of thing. 

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Indeed. We really do our best on Rays Funds but it's bloomin' hard to predict what's going to happen on the coming weekend. I wouldn't want to do the stats for predictions for next season or beyond🙃

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Haha 1

Norwich are 6 points behind were they were after 16 games in Norwich's last Champ season and 5 points behind 2 season before that.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Maybe you should make friends with the club scouts and ask them, because there's no way anyone on this board has any answers to your question, and even if it does become reality, it's all out of our hands. Ifs and ands, pots and pans. Like I said, pointless question. 

You really have no grasp on how devastating the financial impact would be if we fail to go back up do you. 

No promotion = no money left in the pot and drastic cloth cutting required. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You really have no grasp on how devastating the financial impact on  failure to go back up would have on this club do you.

Of course I have. As I've already stated though: 

• We're a very long way from that level of failure
  • Parachute money is more than one season if you don't bounce back immediately
  • We've had that level of failure twice in the last decade and recovered both times. 

So, as I said, it's a pointless question. 

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

The same Bournemouth who raised £84m in player sales immediately after dropping down the Championship and a further £25m the seeason after, including £40m for Nathan Ake, £20m for Callum Wilson, £19m for Aaron Ramsdale and £21m for Danjuma?

That Bournemouth? 

The same Bournemouth who have had £160m in investment from their owner Max Denim, who continued to help finance them post-relegation. 

That Bournemouth?

We've got no players left that anybody wants. We don't have players we can sell to fund a rebuild like that. Our model was reliant on selling players and now we've f*cked that up because we've invested in a load of sh*te with no resale value. The yo-yo string has snapped.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

The same Bournemouth who raised £84m in player sales immediately after dropping down the Championship and a further £25m the seeason after, including £40m for Nathan Ake, £20m for Callum Wilson, £19m for Aaron Ramsdale and £21m for Danjuma?

That Bournemouth? 

The same Bournemouth who have had £160m in investment from their owner Max Denim, who continued to help finance them post-relegation. 

That Bournemouth?

We've got no players left that nobody wants. We don't have players we can sell to fund a rebuild like that. Our model was reliant on selling players and now we've f*cked that up because we've invested in a load of sh*te with no resale value. The yo-yo string has snapped.

Flipping heck. It must be being so cheerful that keeps you going. 😂

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We've had that level of failure twice in the last decade and recovered both times. 

Have we? 

I don't think we have. Just the once, McNally relegation which was followed by Moxey failing to take us back up.

When was the other time in the past decade? The promotion under Alex Neil was an instant return to the Prem.

But the cloth cutting occurred after failing to bounce back immediately after that Moxey season, Ruddy, Bennett, etc being released. You don't extend expensive contracts when you've got 1 year of parachute payments left.

But as everybody keeps pointing out, the post-Moxey rebuild was financed by the sales of the Murphy's, Pritchard, Maddison and Howson. Who exactly do you think people are going to want to pay good money for in this squad? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Flipping heck. It must be being so cheerful that keeps you going. 😂

Our situation is grim, and Webber wants to f*ck off because he knows he's really f*cked it up now and can't do anything to fix it. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Have we? 

I don't think we have. Just the once, McNally relegation which was followed by Moxey failing to take us back up.

When was the other time in the past decade? The promotion under Alex Neil was an instant return to the Prem.

But the cloth cutting occurred after failing to bounce back immediately, Ruddy, Bennett, etc being released. You don't extend expensive contracts when you've got 1 year of parachute payments left.

Well there you go then. That just goes to show just how over the top your predictions of doom are. 

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well there you go then. That just goes to show just how over the top your predictions of doom are. 

Here's the rest of my post which you might not have caught...

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

But as everybody keeps pointing out, the post-Moxey rebuild was financed by the sales of the Murphy's, Pritchard, Maddison and Howson. Who exactly do you think people are going to want to pay good money for in this squad? 

We know how Webber financed the rebuild last time. How is he financing it this time? He's bought a load of sh*te that nobody wants and he's got a manager who is taking our young talent backwards rather than making them saleable assets. He knows he can't fix this, and that's why he's Mr, 90% who has noped out of football, reckons his next job won't be in football (but changes his mind when a football club wants to talk to him) and will only stay on a rolling deal.

He's left us with barely any saleable assets and this turgid squad. We're f*cked.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Our situation is grim, and Webber wants to f*ck off because he knows he's really f*cked it up now and can't do anything to fix it. 

Our situation is not remotely as bad as it has been after previous relegations. The only player we'll really miss out of ones at end of contract is Pukki; Sargeant is a perfectly decent replacement. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We know how Webber financed the rebuild last time. How is he financing it this time? He's bought a load of sh*te that nobody wants and he's got a manager who is taking our young talent backwards rather than making them saleable assets.

Nunez, Sara, and Hayden seem pretty good to me, and doubtless will get better as the former become more familiar with the league and the latter gets his match fitness back. 

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Nunez, Sara, and Hayden seem pretty good to me, and doubtless will get better as the former become more familiar with the league and the latter gets his match fitness back. 

Nunez and Sara look decidedly average and I doubt Hayden will stay fit for long , you also think Smith is a good manager which means you are probably blind anyway .

6 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We know how Webber financed the rebuild last time. How is he financing it this time? He's bought a load of sh*te that nobody wants and he's got a manager who is taking our young talent backwards rather than making them saleable assets. He knows he can't fix this, and that's why he's Mr, 90% who has noped out of football, reckons his next job won't be in football (but changes his mind when a football club wants to talk to him) and will only stay on a rolling deal.

He's left us with barely any saleable assets and this turgid squad. We're f*cked.

I agree agree that Bournemouth are being bank rolled to success, and the entire EPL situation makes me sick, as it erodes ambition and aspiration for most fans.  Is the point about unsellable assets correct?  Omobalidele, Gibbs, Max, Idah, and Sargent, must be valuable assets who would be attractive to clubs higher in the pyramid than ourselves. Then Hanley, Gianoulis, Rashica, and Gunn, would be valuable if an EPL club tried to poach them from us. 

For me the turgid stuff is down to the coach, and the set up.

The contract situation for Max, Todd, and Teemu, plus the lack of balance in the squad…….  that has to be Stuart

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Jury is out for me one Nunez and Sara, although hard to see how we have overpaid for Nunez, he looks to have bags of potential, just needs to prove it.

I really hope Hayden gets back and plays, he is a good player - watched him several times for Newcastle and he looked excellent.

Why would you sack a manager with this record? Baffles me.🙃

Norwich City 15 November 2021 Present 48 13 11 24 27.08

Just for comparison Farke when sacked(I supported his sacking).

Norwich City 25 May 2017 6 November 2021 208 87 49 72 41.8
Edited by Inch High aka Inchy..