Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Run Norwich 10k

Good to see Stuart Webber and Zoe supporting CSF by running the 10k in the rain this morning.   Excellent organisation and well done to all runners and volunteers.  I was lucky enough to have Adam Drury and Simon Lappin as my section heads.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

9K more than you did.

Yeah .. it's abit difficult to run while recovering from major surgery where you were cut from chest to groin to take out cancerous lymph nodes 👍😘

Hope you're on the mend GodlyOtsemobor. That all sounds a bit traumatic.

Adam Drury was giving out the medals one year I did it. He didn't give me mine but I did get extra beer cans as no one I was with wanted theirs so it worked out ok!

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Yeah .. it's abit difficult to run while recovering from major surgery where you were cut from chest to groin to take out cancerous lymph nodes 👍😘

Literally the best shut down of someone I've ever seen on here (not best in terms of what you've gone through obviously). 

Hope you're on the mend 👍

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Literally the best shut down of someone I've ever seen on here (not best in terms of what you've gone through obviously). 

Hope you're on the mend 👍

It was beautifully set up for me wasn't it. 

Yeah slowly getting there thankyou, just waiting for follow up scan results too, to see if I've finally been given all clear after chemotherapy and the surgeries 🙏🤞 

Oh and I've ran out of reactions so you get a very well deserved 👍👍 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I told you I was ill...

2 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

@A Load of Squit oof 

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Not really, does his/her situation give them a blank cheque to diss someone doing something for charity?

Just take the oof and go.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Not really, does his/her situation give them a blank cheque to diss someone doing something for charity?

I can diss who i want, when I want thanks, I don't need permission from anyone. (Even if those disses are clearly a joke that just rises over the heads of some 😋😘

Oh and it's he(29) - the lymph nodes becoming cancerous was a product of having stage 2 testicular cancer and it had already started to spread.... 

😘😘

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

3 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Hope all goes well with the recovery and that you get well soon 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Quit while you're behind

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm not behind.

I should be allowed to call out someone for a crass joke.

And a very good job of it you made too sir. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Good to see Stuart Webber and Zoe supporting CSF by running the 10k in the rain this morning.   Excellent organisation and well done to all runners and volunteers.  I was lucky enough to have Adam Drury and Simon Lappin as my section heads.

It’s great event and happy to do the run again after 3 years! Not sure about the excellent organisation- it was chaos at the start trying to get into the old gits pen where I was . But it’s a small price to pay for a fantastic cause . 

Ps Lappin gave me my goodie bag - I think He must have nicked most of my goodies ! 

Pps hope recovery is going well mate @GodlyOtsemobor 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm not behind.

I should be allowed to call out someone for a crass joke.

It was a joke though wasn’t it? So therefore poking fun. Did he say ‘what a terrible thing to raise money for good causes’? No, he MADE A JOKE. It wasn’t even crass. 

Maybe just post ‘sorry, didn’t realise. Good luck with recovery’. That way you won’t look like a petty moron trying to double down on a regrettable comment. If you don’t regret it that turns you from being human and making an error into being a total c***womble who intentionally fails to see where they’ve made a mistake. 

• Like 3

Good to hear. Getting involved with the community and charity work is important for a football club.

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I am sure others were running to raise money for the CSF other than the Webbers.

There were 400 signed up to run for CSF

12 minutes ago, Diane said:

There were 400 signed up to run for CSF

Good news and it will be interesting to see how much was raised when figures are available.

Edited by TIL 1010

Stephen Graham from ticket office was another Club employee I saw running. 

(Why does every post on here always seem to turn into a slanging match?)