KeiranShikari

Football Manager 2023

I did the Beta with Norwich, got Norwich promoted first season, 2nd behind Blackburn.

From this I think that the defensive setups are too over powering as Blackburn should not be that good.
Once promoted players like Ben Gibson went straight up to 90k a week, not sure it is well reasearched enough as surely we would never have that much written into contracts. It makes the prem really difficult as you have restricted wage budget and can't shift players like Gibbo as their wages are far too high.

I wonder if some of this has been ironed out in the full release?

Started unemployed as always and am in the Swedish 4th tier, weirdly what I like most about the game so far is that the lower leagues really feel like lower leagues this year, the passes don't just ping around like prime Barcelona like they did in previous editions so when you have a couple of great (for that level) players you can really feel their impact.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy G said:

I did the Beta with Norwich, got Norwich promoted first season, 2nd behind Blackburn.

From this I think that the defensive setups are too over powering as Blackburn should not be that good.
Once promoted players like Ben Gibson went straight up to 90k a week, not sure it is well reasearched enough as surely we would never have that much written into contracts. It makes the prem really difficult as you have restricted wage budget and can't shift players like Gibbo as their wages are far too high.

I wonder if some of this has been ironed out in the full release?

Some of the data issues for Norwich were fixed but not all of them. I did post about them on SI's forums during the beta but that was obviously not seen/ignored. 

So yes, if any of you do a Norwich save make sure to renegotiate contracts at the start.

On 10/11/2022 at 21:35, Nexus_Canary said:

Sat at the top of the Welsh second 14 won 1 lost.

Went out in all 4 cups in first round though 😂

I never knew how additive the Welsh league system was, It's pretty much parity across all of the teams bar the 1 pro side. Seems that 1 or 2 good free signings could makes most teams the second best team then and that's all it takes to start raking in Conference League money (can See why TNS choose to play in Wales).  

I also love that that virtually every newgen I've had come through has been better or at least on par with a lot of my first team.

• Like 1

Played half a season with Norwich so far. Very offensive 3-4-3 formation. Top of league atm. Pukki has already scored nearly 30 goals, Idah and Sargeant providing good support. Turned Aarons and Giannoulis as wingers, which is working better all the time. Starting eleven currently: Gunn, Gibson, Omobamidele, Hanley, Giannoulis, Sorensen, Nunez, Aarons, Idah, Pukki, Sargeant

Looking now to buy extra forward to replace Hugill as sub and BWM to replace Sorensen

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I never knew how additive the Welsh league system was, It's pretty much parity across all of the teams bar the 1 pro side. Seems that 1 or 2 good free signings could makes most teams the second best team then and that's all it takes to start raking in Conference League money (can See why TNS choose to play in Wales).  

I also love that that virtually every newgen I've had come through has been better or at least on par with a lot of my first team.

Yeh it's a pretty decent league, I started with a really strong midfield and got a fantastic set of wingers, I have destroyed the league with a mediocre  defence and bad striker 

26 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm still on FM22, enjoying a save being a complete mercenary and charlatan.

Currently doing the opposite- managing Metalist Kharkhiv and won't leave until I've won a European competition. Made it the Europa semi's last year and the Champions League QF's the year before.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, king canary said:

Currently doing the opposite- managing Metalist Kharkhiv and won't leave until I've won a European competition. Made it the Europa semi's last year and the Champions League QF's the year before.

Did 1 season at QPR, finished 3rd but lost in play-offs, jumped ship to Stoke who had a bigger budget, won the league. 

All my first teamers wanted new contracts after promotion and fell out with like 3 of them, and another with 1 year left on his deal wanted out. Spent their transfer budget, wasn't happy with my squad after that point, got the hump in early August so resigned and got the Everton job, 4th in League after 15 games. Shakespeare is my assistant and signed Max Aarons for £10m from Watford!  

3rd season, 3rd club, not been sacked yet. If Man Utd or Spurs come calling at the end of the season I'll be off again 😂

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Did 1 season at QPR, finished 3rd but lost in play-offs, jumped ship to Stoke who had a bigger budget, won the league. 

All my first teamers wanted new contracts after promotion and fell out with like 3 of them, and another with 1 year left on his deal wanted out. Spent their transfer budget, wasn't happy with my squad after that point, got the hump in early August so resigned and got the Everton job, 4th in League after 15 games. Shakespeare is my assistant and signed Max Aarons for £10m from Watford!  

3rd season, 3rd club, not been sacked yet. If Man Utd or Spurs come calling at the end of the season I'll be off again 😂

I think a lot of the joy of the game is you can have so many different types of saves.

In this one I've rejected Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal to stay in Ukraine. In another favourite save I did I started in the Swedish 3rd division, then went to Denmark, then to Brighton in the Championship, then took them to the top of the Prem before jumping ship to Man City. Another one I got sacked by Birmingham, picked up the Rotherham job in League One and took them to midtable Prem and an FA Cup win.