Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

A really good breakdown from Michael Bailey

perhaps Bailey or Conner should sit alongside Goreham on radio Norfolk they talk has much sense if not more than some sport pundits

Just now, baldy09 said:

perhaps Bailey or Conner should sit alongside Goreham on radio Norfolk they talk has much sense if not more than some sport pundits

Oh no, can't be having that, Goreham would have a heart attack if one of them criticized any part of the club. 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Oh no, can't be having that, Goreham would have a heart attack if one of them criticized any part of the club. 

Oh yes can agree with you on that one - especially when it come to the  Goreham interview with the Smith- almost apologetic questioning.

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

Oh yes can agree with you on that one - especially when it come to the  Goreham interview with the Smith- almost apologetic questioning.

Unless it's criticizing the fan base. They enjoy that. 

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

They saw what happened to the local press when they questioned them.

9 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

So would half the fans on here, maybe more. 

• Like 1

Watching today I didn’t get the feeling that we were feigning injury or ‘cheating’, although we did a little time wasting. Watching SUTC there seems to be a strong view that we were ‘blatant’ and Deano even said ‘be a man’. My gut feeling was we weren’t street wise enough, and should be slowing down a game, but could be more subtle, although best way is to keep possession and force errors. 

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Russell Martin is a good manager.  What's the problem? We have DS currently but I would be fine with a young dynamic coach in the future.

Russell split the fans when he was here - some thought he was great, others thought not - quite polarised opinions. Imagine how that would pan out if he was head coach/manager.......too much baggage there imo. I'm not against him though, I hope he does great as a manager - but for his sake and ours I think it would be better if he made his career elsewhere.

• Like 1

The split on Russ was more about his ability as a footballer than a person.

Short term Russ would absolutely bring the fans together. Medium and longer term as with all managers it would depend on the football. People that didn't rate him so much as a player in the later days, like myself, would absolutely be fully behind him.

5 minutes ago, corbs said:

Watching today I didn’t get the feeling that we were feigning injury or ‘cheating’, although we did a little time wasting. Watching SUTC there seems to be a strong view that we were ‘blatant’ and Deano even said ‘be a man’. My gut feeling was we weren’t street wise enough, and should be slowing down a game, but could be more subtle, although best way is to keep possession and force errors. 

We definitely went down easily a few times. One time Dimi went down was pathetic and if he’d been an opposition player I’d have been similarly annoyed.

23 minutes ago, corbs said:

Let’s call a spade a spade, we definitely were and it helped them get a draw. 

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Strange how neither you or anyone was saying that when we went 9 unbeaten..

Loads of people were doubting him when we when 9 unbeaten. It really wasn't hard to see this coming. Not sure what you're on about.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Erm....

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Loads of people were doubting him when we when 9 unbeaten. It really wasn't hard to see this coming. Not sure what you're on about.

This... ^ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian said:

It all started when Hanley booted Sharp on the floor for no apparent reason, up until that point we had kept the crowd pretty quiet.

Your spot on i said exactly the same thing at the time, it really got the crowd fired up and it was absolutely a key turning point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Without a change of management we're top 6, not top 2, at absolute best.

Indeed and my agreement is in the comments

I generally like his analysis, but he seems pretty confused about how teams are supposed to defend. When the fullback tracks an unmarked runner into the box, someone else needs to track the next runner.

In a 4-3-3 matched by a 3-5-2 it's always one of the midfield or wide attackers who should be tracking the wingbacks. It's the same tactical flaw in our midfield that we've had since switching to the 4-3-3. It's always the fullbacks being exposed 2 on 1.

• Thanks 1

Bailey is right but are there two teams who are significantly better than us. To me it might be really close all season.

2 hours ago, baldy09 said:

Must admit like listening to the young lad CONNER SOUTHWELL  who speak real sense and insight

As a football analyst I find him a good cure for insomnia. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Russell split the fans when he was here - some thought he was great, others thought not - quite polarised opinions. Imagine how that would pan out if he was head coach/manager.......too much baggage there imo. I'm not against him though, I hope he does great as a manager - but for his sake and ours I think it would be better if he made his career elsewhere.

The split only occurred after he (and the manager) decided he was a centre back rather than a right back. Had that spell not happened then I suspect he would have remained very popular.

I do find it quite amusing though that he undermined Farke somewhat in his latter days at the club yet seems to have almost entirely modelled his style of play as s manager on Farkeball.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is amusing how almost everyone on here was instantly saying no to the idea of russ as our manager and how awful he would be as our manager but now the tide has turned against Smith there's quite a lot of 'oooh Russ would be great he would turn things around!'..

Would Russ be my first choice? Not even close. 

Would I have him instead of Smith? Everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Many people said it when we went 9 unbeaten , so no idea why you are saying different 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Are you sure?? 

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

The split only occurred after he (and the manager) decided he was a centre back rather than a right back. Had that spell not happened then I suspect he would have remained very popular.

I do find it quite amusing though that he undermined Farke somewhat in his latter days at the club yet seems to have almost entirely modelled his style of play as s manager on Farkeball.

Absolutely not Jimbo. The split first occurred when Russ was right back and half the fans wanted Spillane at right back. Later came the right back / centre back split. Some players seem destined to split the fans so Lakey has a valid point, Russ as manager probably would split the fans.