Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

A really good breakdown from Michael Bailey

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I wished we’d signed this chap, even with Smith or any other manager we’d he higher in the table now. £10m would have got him too. 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12727432/stoke-0-2-coventry-championship-highlights

If we're talking former players I'm even warming up to the idea of Russ.

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Coo, it does seem Cov have turned it round - I did say when we played them I thought they had something and it’d come good.  

Emi style pass to split those defenders or what for the first goal! It’s that something special in midfield which we haven’t got. 

What makes me frustrated is that we were so close to winning. Plenty chances to score before half time, then a penalty missed at the close, with another that the ref thought wasn't worthy of attention.

But we were pretty close to losing as well! The inability to get a grip of things from 2-0 up is maddening - why encourage the opposition??

If the two halves had been flipped then most of us would say, fair enough. That said, there seems to be not enough "steel" and grittiness in this team (and whenever you think there is a tiny bit, it's so brittle that it just shatters) and not enough leaders. 

• Like 2

It all started when Hanley booted Sharp on the floor for no apparent reason, up until that point we had kept the crowd pretty quiet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just no.

I mean, it would mean going back to being a footballing side. I can see why a defender of Smith might be against it.

Jokes - or half jokes aside - I was completely against the idea a few weeks back. If Smith were to dematerialise tonight then I'd hope our next manager was at least a lot more thought out than Deano was.

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Just no.

Is amusing how almost everyone on here was instantly saying no to the idea of russ as our manager and how awful he would be as our manager but now the tide has turned against Smith there's quite a lot of 'oooh Russ would be great he would turn things around!'..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Yes it was a good summary actually. He's already dialling down his expectations this season. He might need another dial by next weekend.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I thought the ref was one of the main reasons it was such a scrappy and chaotic game. Needed to stamp his authority in a good way and didn't - players trying it on as a result.

We didn’t help ourselves though Lakey. We pissed the home crowd off with our shenanigans which in turn lifted the home crowd. That should have been 3 points full stop. 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is amusing how almost everyone on here was instantly saying no to the idea of russ as our manager and how awful he would be as our manager but now the tide has turned against Smith there's quite a lot of 'oooh Russ would be great he would turn things around!'..

To be fair he's proving himself as a manager. He's playing a good style and picking up points at a club on a budget.

I've never been one for bringing people in because they're favourites at the club. I didn't even rate him as a player most of the time he played CB here.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We didn’t help ourselves though Lakey. We pissed the home crowd off with our shenanigans which in turn lifted the home crowd. That should have been 3 points full stop. 

Whilst on the one hand it was pleasing to see, it was a pathetic attempt at ****housery tbh and backfired bigtime.

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Russell Martin is a good manager.  What's the problem? We have DS currently but I would be fine with a young dynamic coach in the future.

I'd happily take Russ over Dean. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Whilst on the one hand it was pleasing to see, it was a pathetic attempt at ****housery tbh and backfired bigtime.

Exactly, we got away with it here a few seasons back but started it far too early today. 

41 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's called desperation having a complete fraud as a head coach at our club right now

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Must admit like listening to the young lad CONNER SOUTHWELL  who speak real sense and insight

Seems like he's saying about the same as Bailey. 

He's tempering expectations too. Top 2 unlikely unless there's a change.

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Seems like he's saying about the same as Bailey. 

He's tempering expectations too. Top half unlikely unless there's a change.

Fixed it for you 

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Ooooooh but I did 

No you didn't; you just turned his reasonable comment into a stupid one of your own. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie