Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Fair Play to Angus Gunn

I know a lot of people wrote Angus off when we signed him but it was obvious that he was bought to learn from krul before he took the top spot himself.

People also forget the year he spent on loan with us where he was solid.

I still think krul is the better of the two but Angus showing class and the reason we signed him.

Hes 26 I think so we could easily get a good 10 years from him as #1

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I know a lot of people wrote Angus off when we signed him but it was obvious that he was bought to learn from krul before he took the top spot himself.

People also forget the year he spent on loan with us where he was solid.

I still think krul is the better of the two but Angus showing class and the reason we signed him.

Hes 26 I think so we could easily get a good 10 years from him as #1

Never understood why people doubted him. I thought he did brilliantly well for us in his loan season and that season was the main reason he was able to command such a good transfer fee for Man City. Just because it didn't work out at Southampton didn't make him a worse keeper - and he is proving that now. Great to have two such good goalkeepers vying for the team shirt. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What is lacking in his game that Krul has? The only thing I can think of is ‘presence’ but I think you can only build that with more experience and your reputation grows as a formidable keeper. He’s worth the investment and a true Norwich boy. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WD40 said:

What is lacking in his game that Krul has? The only thing I can think of is ‘presence’ but I think you can only build that with more experience and your reputation grows as a formidable keeper. He’s worth the investment and a true Norwich boy. 

For me it is purely personality and leadership, in everywhere attribute Angus looks more accomplished.  3 or 4 seasons as number 1, then I suspect one of the big clubs may well take a chance on Angus as their number 1

22 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Do we know the actual reason Krul was dropped? 

I’m not complaining about the call,  I just may have missed someone providing the details? 

2 mistakes against Preston and handed them the 3 points. I don't think there's anything else in it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chelm Canary said:

2 mistakes against Preston and handed them the 3 points. I don't think there's anything else in it. 

Thanks Chelmo. I’d assumed something like this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Do we know the actual reason Krul was dropped? 

I’m not complaining about the call,  I just may have missed someone providing the details? 

A few errors that cost us points and virtually the only thing about the back 5 you can actually change as everyone else is injured!