Sign in to follow this  
Robbie Boy

Have you seen our Delia?

It''s February 28th 2005, half-time v Man City and Delia makes her (in)famous pitch appearance/request/rallying call/drunken rambling.

Has anyone seen her since?

We should all do the same to her on saturday. The crowd should sing ''Lets be havin you'' to her on Sat!

there is already a chant for that

so it would make no significant difference

[quote user="AJ"]

[/quote]

To what ?? 

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="AJ"]

[/quote]

To what ?? 

[/quote]

as the thread is trying to state, get the board to act on worthy....

There`s no way that Delia   will use her position , as majority shareholder  ,  to influence  the board   into sacking Worthington !    it will have to be a majority  decision by the board  ,  and she will go along with that decision   !    also , as she and the Worthy family are friends ,  she will be reluctant  to intervene  anyway ...  so the chants  are a waste of breath ! 

[quote user="sheded"]There`s no way that Delia   will use her position , as majority shareholder  ,  to influence  the board   into sacking Worthington !    it will have to be a majority  decision by the board  ,  and she will go along with that decision   !    also , as she and the Worthy family are friends ,  she will be reluctant  to intervene  anyway ...  so the chants  are a waste of breath !  [/quote]

NO SHEDED the chants are not a waste of breath! They are the only way of getting the fans points of view across - maybe not all the fans but certainly a large amount, growing with every calamitous performance!

Just remember Sheded, who was it whom pleaded with Brian Hamilton to stay in the job, even when the dressing room was lost.  Not that we found out about tthat until Iwan''s book.

[quote user="sheded"]There`s no way that Delia   will use her position , as majority shareholder  ,  to influence  the board   into sacking Worthington !    it will have to be a majority  decision by the board  ,  and she will go along with that decision   !    also , as she and the Worthy family are friends ,  she will be reluctant  to intervene  anyway ...  so the chants  are a waste of breath !  [/quote]

She and her husband are the majority of the board between them Sheded.  Between them they can do anything or sack anyone they like.  They do not need agreement from anyone.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

NO SHEDED the chants are not a waste of breath! They are the only way of getting the fans points of view across - maybe not all the fans but certainly a large amount, growing with every calamitous performance!

Just remember Sheded, who was it whom pleaded with Brian Hamilton to stay in the job, even when the dressing room was lost.  Not that we found out about tthat until Iwan''s book.

[/quote]

I`m not too sure myself  that it was right to sack Hamilton !   ok , there was  a bad run , and there WERE a lot of injuries !!    but his replacement  is now the very man   that  we all want sacked !!    also remember  that we were averaging  a manager a year , and getting nowhere ! , can you really blame  Delia for trying  to get  some stability  into the club ?  AND   there`s every possibility  that she wasn`t privy  to  any rifts in the dressing room ...  kriste  the same problem  is STILL  with us today , maybe its time for another book ! 

As you say  , chants  etc are the way  for fans to influence  the board   , but homing in on Delia  is irrational  and ungrateful ....  she and Michael   have  put a lot of money into the club , at a time  when finance was shaky  ,   and to chant  her name  might just be the  last straw , and  off she goes !!    =   finances shaky again  , no money to pay off Nige and co  , AND pay to get a new manager and co  .....

Lets confine the chants to Worthy out  ,  shouting at Delia  to fire Nigel    will only put her nose out of joint  ,   I mean ... she`s hardly going to  slam her fist on the boardroom table  and say , "you heard them  , I want him fired now ! "    there would just be a stunned silence  ,  whats the point of a board  ?  [:P]

[quote user="sheded"]

I`m not too sure myself  that it was right to sack Hamilton !  

[/quote]

I am not sure I can take any more of your comments seriously ever again! [:P]

I agree the stability has been great, and worthy had done a good job, but I think he is now proving that sometimes you can stay in the same job too long!!  As for Delia and her husband, well if influencing the board members will get him sacked then why not chant, they are the 2 MOST important people at NCFC at the moment...  I get the impression she is just a tad too loyal to her friends. mixing buisiness desisions with personal friendships.....

I do not agree with singing ''lets be havin you'' because it is linked with the ''good times'' and this is not anywhere near a good time.

Secondly ''lets be sacking him'' definately made me titter, but Skipper and cronies will sit and believe that we are singing ''lets be backing him''

IMO, the best way to delia is to appeal to her better nature...."Delia, sort it out, delia delia sort it out" or "We want worthy out" Whatever is to be sung has to be clear and unmistakable