dylanisabaddog

Official Lapps match thread Sheff Utd

58 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Interesting how United have been in similar form, have similar expectations but far less booing from their fans.

Then again we have weirdos like this who have to announce they want the manager out 45 minutes into an away game.

Not a wierdo. Just pointing out than unlike many, even though we were 2 up, I will not change my mind just because we are winning. 
Have wanted Smith out since end of last season. 
How is this wierd?  I’d say consistent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

No point, totally dug into into a hole and isn't going to stop digging any time soon

Says the chap holding a shovel.

As I have said before, despite the likes of you and Petriix trying to say otherwise, I've not said all things are rosy, and the team is performing well and tonking this league.

My main criticism is of the strawman argument by some that we have a squad of the best players in this league and should be winning/dominating it at a canter just so that they can suggest the margin of failure is greater than it is.

It's clearly not clicking, shock horror. Smith is struggling to get them doing so. He was clearly tasked at making them tougher to beat, yet we know even on our first title win in recent years, we still shipped a fair number of goals. We've since lost the two main stays at the heart of defence and at the heart of midfield that season - arguably we are no further forward other than Hayden, who made his first start today.

If anything, if we talk about papering over the cracks, one could argue that the attacking prowess in our side with Buendia, Pukki, on form Cantwell, Stiepermann, sporadically Rupp and Vrancic, has papered over the often forgotten reputation of rarely coming from behind. Often looking light and easy to out muscle.

This isn't excusing Smith. It may well be that we need to "twist" again. You just won't find me saying that after a pre season defeat, or after one defeat after a run of 9 unbeaten. 

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I'm sorry. If you are on £50K a week and can't score a penalty, then you need to give half your wages back.

I think ALL the players just not earning their corn.

Sad to see we are now going to be a mid table team- with boring team to watch- cannot say any positive about this team anymore

Just now, ricardo said:

Well I keep saying a point would be good.

At this level, a point away from home Vs Watford and Shef Utd is never a bad outcome. If you'd asked me at the start of the season I would have taken that. Though we fell short Vs Watford. 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Mid table team I think on season so far

I suppose the amount of championship seasons you've called it you've got to be right one year..

• Like 1

Under Farke, we'd never worry if we were behind with 5 minutes to go. We knew we'd likely go on and equalise or win.
Under Smith, seems as though if we're 1 goal ahead we're wondering if we can hold on.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

At this level, a point away from home Vs Watford and Shef Utd is never a bad outcome. If you'd asked me at the start of the season I would have taken that. Though we fell short Vs Watford. 

So because we didn’t get a point away at Watford are you admitting this IS a bad outcome? 

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

As I have said before, despite the likes of you and Petriix trying to say otherwise, I've not said all things are rosy, and the team is performing well and tonking this league.

I've literally never commented about anyone else's supposed previous comments. I think you've just decided to pick an argument with me for the sake of it. Maybe take a minute to cool down. 

Osborn is the f’king danger!! Aarons is giving him the freedom of the left side….

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

Under Farke, we'd never worry if we were behind with 5 minutes to go. We knew we'd likely go on and equalise or win.
Under Smith, seems as though if we're 1 goal ahead we're wondering if we can hold on.

I'm, honestly, do you believe that? 

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

This game is a perfect illustration of why I think Smith should leave. 

I don't call for managers to be sacked but I am beginning to question if he has the ability to get this team promoted.

The evidence is not good but I would have taken a point before KO

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

Disappointing capitulation. But I won't be demonising Smith.

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, K Lo said:

We can't defend a lead full stop. Conceding too many for an autos spot

The apologists have gone from "it's fine, we're second" to "it's fine, we won the first half" in the space of about two weeks..

• Haha 3