GodlyOtsemobor

Blades predictions.

Looking through some old stuff this afternoon (clearing out a lot of things) I found some old programmes. This was our team on 9th September 1972. Interesting to see Trevor Hockey then playing for SU.

Often programmes used to list the teams but the away side often had changed on the day. My ol' dad made the changes in biro here. I think (not checked) that it was a 1-1 draw at home for us. And I'm using today's discovery as an omen for tomorrow. So, 1-1 again.

Nice memories of that team. I was a big fan of Cross, Paddon, Keelan of course but also the ever dependable Clive Payne.

The days of 1-11 numbers🙂

Anyone else go to the same match?

IMG_20221021_231149.jpg

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 5

I was there but have little memory being only 8 at the time. Was standing on a stool behind a crush barrier halfway up the South Stand facing the edge of the River End penalty box as I did every home match that first season in Div 1.

19 hours ago, Indy said:

We can’t defend, it has 2-1 written all over this one.  Another defeat.

We cant control midfield either so unfortunately despite Sheff Utd poor form also can't see them losing again so 2-0 loss

This is a classic scenario for "along came Norwich". No win in 5 for Sheff U. 2 points from 15.
This has got 3-0 to Sheff U written all over it, with Sheff U thinking that they're back on track, only to lose away to West Brom 2-0 next Saturday.

Hope I'm wrong.

Watching Forest v Liverpool currently and it strikes me how similar we look in set-up to the latter. 4-3-3, struggling to break down a lesser opponent with good defensive organisation, seem to be hoping the greater talent will eventually do something outstanding.

If we chuck the 4-3-3 in the bin I think we can get a result today. If we don't I think the creativity will remain choked and it'll be tough today.

Wouldn't actually be at all surprised to burgle this 1-0 with a soft penalty. 

we will keep it tight  then the game will flow end to end both teams in bad form but both looking like they could win 

Then like a bolt out of Nowhere we will gift them a goal from a mistake ,

we will then chase the game and get picked off again 

2-0 Sheff 

I believe city will collapse today and fans tonight will be shouting for Smith head- my prediction 4-1 to Sheff Utd- hope I am very much wrong but its difficult to see how Smith can motivate the team

2 hours ago, K Lo said:

This is a classic scenario for "along came Norwich". No win in 5 for Sheff U. 2 points from 15.
This has got 3-0 to Sheff U written all over it, with Sheff U thinking that they're back on track, only to lose away to West Brom 2-0 next Saturday.

Hope I'm wrong.

Glad I'm wrong already !