The Great Mass Debater

Dean Smith trending on Twitter

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

‘Everyone’ - not me. Again please look at my previous posts to prove me wrong. I’ll wait 

I'm happy to take your word for it. I'm wondering if the real problem is that you just couldn't get over Farke.

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

‘Everyone’ - not me. Again please look at my previous posts to prove me wrong. I’ll wait 

Tell you what, why don’t you take look and report back…I’m off to bed 🙂!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm happy to take your word for it. I'm wondering if the real problem is that you just couldn't get over Farke.

I’m on the couch now I see 😂. Shall I tell you about my childhood so you can figure out why I don’t like musicals? 

‘Sweary doesn’t agree with LBY, this must mean he somehow holds latent feelings for Daniel F’ 😂

‘LBY can’t accept people disagree with him. This suggests strongly that he is unable to understand multiple perspectives from his own and makes him so one sided that anything other than an echo chamber causes him to get angry and call people cancerous’ 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’m on the couch now I see 😂. Shall I tell you about my childhood so you can figure out why I don’t like musicals? 

‘Sweary doesn’t agree with LBY, this must mean he somehow holds latent feelings for Daniel F’ 😂

‘LBY can’t accept people disagree with him. This suggests strongly that he is unable to understand multiple perspectives from his own and makes him so one sided that anything other than an echo chamber causes him to get angry and call people cancerous’ 😂

Echo chambers are boring. At least I construct arguments rather than couch opinions as facts.

Just now, littleyellowbirdie said:

Echo chambers are boring. At least I construct arguments rather than couch opinions as facts.

I’ve given you enough. Facts are that Smith is on a three match losing streak, fans boo him and his rubbish football, LYB likes to insult people and pretends he is good at ‘constructing arguments’. 

Whatever floats your boat 

SMITH OUT

8 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I’ve given you enough. Facts are that Smith is on a three match losing streak, fans boo him and his rubbish football, LYB likes to insult people and pretends he is good at ‘constructing arguments’. 

Whatever floats your boat 

SMITH OUT

Other fact is we're three points off top of the table in spite of three losses on the trot, underlining just how good the run before was, but you still want him sacked. You can hardly say it's an unfair point of view to think there's something wrong with you.

Well I suppose you could, but then we know you're unreasonable. 😂

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Is that the Lampard who everyone was getting excited about coming to Norwich instead of Smith?

I certainly wasn't. So that's at least one less than everyone. I bet there's more too, Birdyo . 

4 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Actually Birdyo , a lot of the time you construct constructs. And like most of us ,you mistake your opinions as facts too, from time to time.

I'm pretty meh about Smith. Uninspiring at the moment, well apart from the odd flash, uninspiring since he came. If there isn't some monumental improvement pretty damn quick, then for the long term future ( and I accept there is a risk involved , but I'm starting to feel that the biggest risk is keeping him)....it has to be Bye bye Deano , Deano Bye bye.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Sorry to break this to you, but you've rather blown your claim to be the voice of reason, logic and cool rationality on here after your vicious rants on Saturday, calling those who disagreed with you 'morons' and using f*ck more often than Pulp Fiction. I didn't see many arguments constructed then.

Now more of the same on here, although couched in more measured language. For example, blaming the fans and the toxic atmosphere we are creating for what is happening on the pitch rather than discussing other factors which seem rather more pertinent: Smith, Webber, Delia, the players, etc. Yes, we're obviously to blame for the fact that Smith has had 42 league games in charge and we have looked half-decent (at best) in a handful of them. Not to mention your condescending attitude towards Sweary Canary and your attribution of some kind of psychological problem to him simply because you disagree with what he says ('there's something wrong with you').

I suggest you look at the beam in your own eye before you call out the mote in others'.

Smith has these next 2 games for me to show he can instill some heart and desire into this team

Yes ,2 tough fixtures...but 2 perfect fixtures to demonstrate what he has about him and how he intends to turn this around

Lose both and we will be out of the top 6 and headed toward mid table.

It will also be 5 defeats in a row.  He shouldn't survive a run of 5 defeats in a row in this league (I think we lost 6 all season a couple of years ago,)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:
  • A championship promotion
  • Keeping promoted. team up
  • Two cup finals at two different teams 

Walsall from 2011 to 2015, Brentford from 2015 to 2018, AV from 2018 to 2021. Only ever sacked once by AV after being only days short of three years in post and many of their fans hate that fact. The fact is that many of our fans seem to be simply demented as far as their assessment of Smith's ability is concerned; they simply can't see past the fact he didn't manage to keep up a Norwich team that was never going to survive in a million years. 

To call him pants is just ridiculous. 

I don’t get the personal stuff, he’s done nothing to deserve that. But he’s not doing a very good job and I do feel we’d have a better chance of promotion under another manager. 

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:
  • A championship promotion
  • Keeping promoted. team up
  • Two cup finals at two different teams 

Walsall from 2011 to 2015, Brentford from 2015 to 2018, AV from 2018 to 2021. Only ever sacked once by AV after being only days short of three years in post and many of their fans hate that fact. The fact is that many of our fans seem to be simply demented as far as their assessment of Smith's ability is concerned; they simply can't see past the fact he didn't manage to keep up a Norwich team that was never going to survive in a million years. 

To call him pants is just ridiculous. 

What games you been watching though dude ? DS has sucked the enjoyment out of going to CR.  

9 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

If Villa offered him the job and he wanted it, then I'd wish him well after the totally unreasonable disrespect he has had from some Norwich fans. 

I'd peddle him there myself.

If Villa offered him the job and he wanted it, then I'd wish him well after the totally unreasonable disrespect he has had from some Norwich fans. 

🤣🤣😂, I'd drive him. he has been awful, he actually said the last 3 performances were just as good as the 6 wins in a row, yes Dean, that there is the problem that all of us (well not you!) could see coming! 

after the totally unreasonable disrespect he has had from some Norwich fans. 

Think I saw some totally unreasonable stuff on here earlier in the week, but it wasn't aimed at Smith.

Brass neck of the week award is definitely heading your way.

8 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

l

Farke had a whole season before we started looking like winners. Was he pants?

God good, people have gone over this again and again, it's a completely different set of circumstances, if you can't see why, then it's a hopeless task trying to explain it to you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Clearly - but then plenty were calling for him to be sacked on many different occasions.  It’s just the way of things - short termism mixed with entitlement.  

That said, all managers have a shelf life, and part of that is taking supporters with them - it’s very hard/almost impossible to turn it round if people are campaigning against a manager.  The weird/strange thing here is that many weren’t even willing to give him even the remotest of chances.

He's had a year and we are worse by some distance, how much of a chance would you like to give him, 5/6/7 years? 

3 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

He's had a year and we are worse by some distance, how much of a chance would you like to give him, 5/6/7 years? 

Well, perhaps give him the chance with a side that is relatively injury free?  Sara and Hayden were our two biggest signings who we have barely been able to use, we’ve had 10-11 players missing in games already this season. I don’t know many organisations/teams who could perform at their best with so many people out.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Well, perhaps give him the chance with a side that is relatively injury free?  Sara and Hayden were our two biggest signings who we have barely been able to use, we’ve had up to 10-11 players missing in games already this season. 

First up Sara could have been used but Smith decided against it, secondly show me the games where we had 10-11 first team players missing? and thirdly didn't Farke's Norwich beat Man city with 10-11 first team players missing!! 😜  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

First up Sara could have been used but Smith decided against it, secondly show me the games where we had 10-11 first team players missing? and thirdly didn't Farke's Norwich beat Man city with 10-11 first team players missing!! 😜  

It is 100% fact if you even think for one minute. I’ve listed the players that have been out several times before, I’m not doing it again - but just think we have played 10 games with no recognised left back, so that’s 3 for you for  starters.  Put your mind to it and you’ll be surprised.

Your Man City argument/point merely serves to back me up - teams can manage short term/odd games but a long list of injuries and playing players out of position is always going to catch up with them, as it did with us.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Disrespect? You can't watch us.

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Sorry to break this to you, but you've rather blown your claim to be the voice of reason, logic and cool rationality on here after your vicious rants on Saturday, calling those who disagreed with you 'morons' and using f*ck more often than Pulp Fiction. I didn't see many arguments constructed then.

Now more of the same on here, although couched in more measured language. For example, blaming the fans and the toxic atmosphere we are creating for what is happening on the pitch rather than discussing other factors which seem rather more pertinent: Smith, Webber, Delia, the players, etc. Yes, we're obviously to blame for the fact that Smith has had 42 league games in charge and we have looked half-decent (at best) in a handful of them. Not to mention your condescending attitude towards Sweary Canary and your attribution of some kind of psychological problem to him simply because you disagree with what he says ('there's something wrong with you').

I suggest you look at the beam in your own eye before you call out the mote in others'.

You (collectively as campaigners for getting rid of him) abuse the people in the club all of the time. "Webber doesn't care", "Smith's just here for the money". Criticising the actual football in a time of transition seems fair enough to me, but campaigning to sack people win or lose, rather than, you know, supporting is simply incomprehensible to me. Webber bites back at a fan for being abusive to him and that's the crime of the century, but apparently you're a bit aggrieved yourself if you feel you're on the wrong end of some abuse you don't think is called for. 

And, sorry,  but your unforgiving attitudes to absolutely everything, be it a bad transfer, a poor game, a vague sentiment that the play's still rubbish even on a 9-game unbeaten run makes you the cause of sucking the enjoyment out of the moments that are actually enjoyable.

The team played poorly on Saturday, but they kept trying and were also hard done by by a poor referee and ultimately lost by a single goal; the abuse thrown at Webber, Smith, the board whatever could have been copied and pasted from every week of the season so far. 

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

40 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It is 100% fact if you even think for one minute. I’ve listed the players that have been out several times before, I’m not doing it again - but just think we have played 10 games with no recognised left back, so that’s 3 for you for  starters.  Put your mind to it and you’ll be surprised.

Your Man City argument/point merely serves to back me up - teams can manage short term/odd games but a long list of injuries and playing players out of position is always going to catch up with them, as it did with us.

What a load of drivel, you said "we’ve had up to 10-11 players missing in games" what you actually meant was we've played games with the odd player missing, as have every team in the league.

My point was we actually had over 10 players missing for that game alone!

Keep clutching at straws!

I do wonder if Smith may, in his heart, regret jumping into another job so swiftly after his sacking from a club that he clearly loved. A bit more time to clear his head may have been best.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wheres my rebate gone? said:

What a load of drivel, you said "we’ve had up to 10-11 players missing in games" what you actually meant was we've played games with the odd player missing, as have every team in the league.

My point was we actually had over 10 players missing for that game alone!

Keep clutching at straws!

No.  We have had at least two games with 10 or 11 players unavailable this season, who either played in the PL or were new signings.  I am busy and can’t be bothered to look back. But it is fact.  Sorry about that, I know it’s hard when people put facts in the way of an argument.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

No, he played football with a strike and identity which once his personnel were in we could see more and more clearly. I went knowing I’d be watching football being played and he got us clicking far more swiftly than Smith. He also had additional qualities that made his earlier tenure a more positive experience. The difference is that he had a plan and the fans invested in it and he took us in that journey because we felt it had something. Smith hasn’t engaged many, except you. Do you enjoy watching the 4-3-3 this season? 

Sure, but here's the thing, Smith's not even got his best weapons on the pitch yet - or at least the ones he's wanted. He's clearly wanted Sara and Hayden, but due to injury neither are up to speed yet. He didn't have any new personnel in the first window so it's not a case of building a style at that point. His first chance to build something from scratch came with this pre-season.

We already know the rough template of what he wants from his Brentford and Villa days - a purely destructive midfielder is sorely needed and the full backs will push on far more. He's not got that yet (or a fit attacking left back, for that matter), so our full backs are hemmed in more to compensate. As they're hemmed in, our more creative players have less space to be dangerous, hence some of the turgid stuff we're watching now.

What you're essentially seeing is an improvised Plan B. I'd agree that there's concern that this is a bit undercooked, but criticising him for not having a plan is harsh when he hasn't been able to use many of the players he's wanted - and especially when the players he's wanted appear to be the cornerstones of how he wants to play.

Edited by TheGunnShow

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No.  We have had at least two games with 10 or 11 players unavailable this season, who either played in the PL or were new signings.  I am busy and can’t be bothered to look back. But it is fact.  Sorry about that, I know it’s hard when people put facts in the way of an argument.

I'm really struggling to think of a game where we were missing 10-11 players unless you're counting people like Rowe and Tomkinson? Even then it is a stretch. 

8 minutes ago, king canary said:

I do wonder if Smith may, in his heart, regret jumping into another job so swiftly after his sacking from a club that he clearly loved. A bit more time to clear his head may have been best.

Villa was his first ever sacking in his managerial career and post Covid world he didn't know when the next EPL opportunity would come. The Norwich gig was like Christmas had come early for him.

I have always thought Smith was a panic appointment by Webber. It seemed a strange one after the journey the club had been on with Farke.

Who knows 2 away wins in the next few days will save his job but i fear the genie is out the bottle tbh.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Please do provide these facts. I want to see who is missing that would have played, I'm sure most Squads including youth players have quite a few injured as I'm assuming you are trying to include Rowe, Tomkinson, and Springett etc in that judging by your word play, as I said clutching.

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm really struggling to think of a game where we were missing 10-11 players unless you're counting people like Rowe and Tomkinson? Even then it is a stretch. 

I posted about it at the time, so not even remotely guessing.  The list would include Rowe and Springett - but why shouldn’t it, as players who played in the PL season.  Imo Rowe would have been a first XI starter this season.

But add them to Sorensen, Sam and Dimi and that is 5 without even thinking. Add Idah, Sara and Hayden and that is 8 players out most of the season so far (or still out). With Byram that was 9.  We’re getting there pretty easily, aren’t we.  I think Gibson was also injured,  we have also had others - Hugill, Gibbs, Todd, Gunn et al.  That’s a number of long term players, with others who have coincided several times to create 10-11 players out.

It may be that some weren’t definitely starters but with the number of games, many would have played at least some part.  All sides have injuries, but we have had a lot.