Sign in to follow this  
canarycop

Team v Blades

Given our dire form we really need to dig out something here and firstly keep a clean sheet. I'd go for 4-2-3-1

Gunn

Aaron's Hanley Gibson Giannoulis 

Gibbs Hayden

Sara Nunez Cantwell

Pukki

Sarge may be carrying a knock but should be OK. Bench of Sargeant Dowell Ramsay Hernandez Tompkinson Krul Sinani or Byram.

Sinani from being a standout performer for Huddersfield last season has really disappointed me. If Sarge isn't fit bring Hugill in. 

Can't wait until Idah Rowe Omo Springett etc are fit again just to give us some youthful exuberence

• Like 1

Just now, canarycop said:

Given our dire form we really need to dig out something here and firstly keep a clean sheet. I'd go for 4-2-3-1

Gunn

Aaron's Hanley Gibson Giannoulis 

Gibbs Hayden

Sara Nunez Cantwell

Pukki

Sarge may be carrying a knock but should be OK. Bench of Sargeant Dowell Ramsay Hernandez Tompkinson Krul Sinani or Byram.

Sinani from being a standout performer for Huddersfield last season has really disappointed me. If Sarge isn't fit bring Hugill in. 

Can't wait until Idah Rowe Omo Springett etc are fit again just to give us some youthful exuberence

If fit Sarge starts everytime, apart from that looks pretty much our best team.

Sarge for Pukki, 3 CB's and Max and Dimi WB's, Dimi not proper FB.  Gibsin not proper CB but no other option there.

Gunn

Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannoulis 

Sara Gibbs Hayden Cantwell

Sargent Hernandez 

Encourage Gibbs to get forward a bit but at the same time giving Cantwell a free role.

Nunez and Ramsey shouldn't be in a starting XI against Sheff Utd, too lightweight.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Probably get laughed at for ths one but we don't really have too many options..

11.png

Quite like it. But we all know we'll have to be 2-0 down before we see that.

• Like 3

If everyone is fit...

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Byram Dimi

Hayden

Argos Nunez Cantwell

Sargent

22 minutes ago, AJ said:

If everyone is fit...

Krul

Hayden

Argos Nunez Cantwell

Sargent

I'd like to see this formation to offer DG and MA the freedom to push further up, both are a threat over the halfway line and we haven't got the natural width from our midfielders. Onel is the only one who wants to keep the pitch wide.

Think Gunn's been OK though so he'd keep his place for me. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AJ said:

If everyone is fit...

Krul

Hayden

Argos Nunez Cantwell

Sargent

No thanks to the return of Krul. 

44 minutes ago, AJ said:

If everyone is fit...

Krul

Hayden

Argos Nunez Cantwell

Sargent

I don't see that Gunn has done anything to lose his place

Gunn 

Omabomadele Hanley Gibson 

Hayden 

Aarons.  Nunez        cantwell   gianouliss 

Pukki 

Sargent 

As a 3 5 2 ish......need to be brave

25 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

No thanks to the return of Krul. 

22 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

I don't see that Gunn has done anything to lose his place

37 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

I'd like to see this formation to offer DG and MA the freedom to push further up, both are a threat over the halfway line and we haven't got the natural width from our midfielders. Onel is the only one who wants to keep the pitch wide.

Think Gunn's been OK though so he'd keep his place for me. 

Fair enough to all of these, just feel Krul is better at commanding the area but on reflection I think you're right, Gunn has probably done enough to keep his place

Its a hard one to call this. The subs who came on looked woeful the other night including Nunez. Really got to hope that Hayden can play more minutes and provide that anchor style to cover our inability to close down players in the middle of the park. Sara isnt particularly quick and Nunez does get brished off the ball due to his size. It is quite clear we arent gelling really as a team and as such confidence is now starting to dip. 

Im gonna go for a line up of: Gunn, MA, Hanley, Gibson, Giani (need him to gain match sharpness/fitness, Hayden, Nunez, Sara, Cantwell (need him to get match sharp,  Hernandez, Sargeant.

What are peoples thoughts on Sara to date? He doesnt look as box to box as I thought he might do, albeit I appreciate he is probably still working on his match fitness levels.

Edited by jaberry2

Krul/Gunn

Byram    Hanley        Gibson     Dimi/McLean

Nunez    Hayden

Aarons                                        Hernandez

Sargent     Pukki

Gunn or Krul, I would say Krul’s distribution is better but we don’t use Gunn as much with his feet.

LB depends if McLean wins his appeal which I’m not sure he will, Dimi if not.

Hayden to sit and protect, Nunez to get forward and help with creativity with Aarons next to him he will have the license to get forward as Aarons can help with the defensive side.

Hernandez has to start as he changed the game on Tuesday night as we went from a team who doesn't look dangerous to a team that could get back into the game with 10 men. Made Luton’s defence have to think about balls in behind and something different.

Sargent and Pukki together is a lot more dangerous than one or the other. Never write off Pukki, he should definitely start.

4 minutes ago, HB1989 said:

Krul/Gunn

Byram    Hanley        Gibson     Dimi/McLean

Nunez    Hayden

Aarons                                        Hernandez

Sargent     Pukki

Gunn or Krul, I would say Krul’s distribution is better but we don’t use Gunn as much with his feet.

LB depends if McLean wins his appeal which I’m not sure he will, Dimi if not.

Hayden to sit and protect, Nunez to get forward and help with creativity with Aarons next to him he will have the license to get forward as Aarons can help with the defensive side.

Hernandez has to start as he changed the game on Tuesday night as we went from a team who doesn't look dangerous to a team that could get back into the game with 10 men. Made Luton’s defence have to think about balls in behind and something different.

Sargent and Pukki together is a lot more dangerous than one or the other. Never write off Pukki, he should definitely start.

I doubt we'll appeal Kennys red, it looked like a blatent red to me. It would be too much of a risk of him sustaining a further suspension. 

Assuming Kenny's appeal fails, it's really time that we went to a back 3 especially for these next two games.

Gunn

Byram Hanley Gibson 

Aarons Sara Hayden Nunez Dimi

Cantwell

Sargent

Subs: Krul Tomkinson Pukki Hernandez Hugill Dowell Gibbs

Nunez has to play further up the pitch with Sara and Hayden protecting. Aarons and Dimi give some width and Cantwell has a free role. Sargent is better through the middle than Pukki.

Two years ago we used Hugill as an impact sub and he won us a couple of crucial games. Despite a good pre season he's been frozen out. We know he's not a thoroughbred footballer, but at this level we should be using him more. He should have played against Watford and Luton to combat their physicality and we might well need him on Saturday.

• Like 1

What is becoming clear, it that we do need Hugill on the bench. I think we're missing a trick with him, as our playing through teams isnt working as effectively as we would like, so we need a good plan b. He is capable and will a much more level at the front if we fail to break down teams as we are so often doing this season.

Sargent must play up front. 

Earlier crosses need to come in for him. 

Pukki should be tried as a #10. 

32 minutes ago, Ramrod said:

Sargent must play up front. 

Earlier crosses need to come in for him. 

Pukki should be tried as a #10. 

The problem is with that we dont have that many competent wingers other than Hernadez, thats not to say if we played more advanced wingbacks this would work more effectively. It would require Dimi for example being able to actually being able to cross the ball 🙂 and not hit into the stands.

Edited by jaberry2

I'm very surprised so many people have included Nunez after his performance first half against Watford (before being hooked) and how poor he was when he came on against Luton. Poor guy needs a break. Perhaps the world Cup will be a good time for him to go home and remember what a good footballer he can be. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Be tempted to go with a 4-1-2-1-2. Personnel in midfield i'm unsure of.

1833424107_lineup(1).png.4578dd060740817a9cad4ec7ab53fc6a.png

Well, McLean will have a 3 match ban for his straight red. Hayden isn't ready to start. And Nunez's form has fallen off a cliff.

But, aside from that...

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Well, McLean will have a 3 match ban for his straight red. Hayden isn't ready to start. And Nunez's form has fallen off a cliff.

But, aside from that...

Well, Dowell can't breathe and Nunez didn't have to exert himself too much, and he might be better higher up the pitch.

On top of that, hoping Mclean get's rescinded.

I like the diamond not sure it was abandoned allows the two up front and given we have only one winger in works in allowing people to play more centrally.

Edited by Ulfotto