Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

What was that fight in the Barclay upper about?

Anyone see the fight that broke out in the Barclay upper, side near the away fans? Happened in the 2nd half against Luton. Stewards had to pile in and separate two blokes trying to strangle each other! Not sure if they got kicked out or what the score was there. 

I saw it but no idea what it was about. Pretty heated though and it will he interesting if they sit close to each other next game.

A young lady told me off for swearing as I left the ground 😀

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I saw it but no idea what it was about. Pretty heated though and it will he interesting if they sit close to each other next game.

A young lady told me off for swearing as I left the ground 😀

What did you swear, “Smith needs more time?” 

Edited by Canary Jedi

I got tutted at for saying 'fvvvck sake norwich' - too many pansies at carrow road trying to have a nice day out.

Two old men trying to have a fight about 3 rows apart. Lots of embarrassing huffing but they never touched each other. The guy in the higher row was cuffed and arrested as I left outside the barclay near the merch stand.

Edited by Captain Holt

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour!.....

The club should have at least played the Rocky theme over the stadium PA whilst they were scuffling....and then immediately put the fracas on the big-screen for us all to have a butchers and a chortle....

I guarantee....there wouldn't be another incident like that if they did humiliate the scrappers....

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

But why didn't they call the club's 'dob-in your fellow fans' hotline?

Nobody likes a grass or a copper's nark.....but if there was a reward for shopping the scrappers like an evening 3 course meal in Delia's restaurant with Ed Balls, Mick Dennis and Stu Webber....

I really don't think anyone would grass or dob the fighting fans in.....and they'll keep schtum...

It was littleyellowbirdie and Lakey having a barney about whether dropping Krul is a worse decision than sacking Smith would be. 

3 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

It was littleyellowbirdie and Lakey having a barney about whether dropping Krul is a worse decision than sacking Smith would be. 

My monies on Lakey, LYB is all huff n puff! 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Everyone stood up in our block to have a look . Assumed it was a Luton fan in the home end . Was more exciting than the game. 

Nope, two Norwich fans 

29 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Nope, two Norwich fans 

Love to know what the fight was really about.

I wondered if one of them was trying to leave and the other wouldn’t let him!

41 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Love to know what the fight was really about.

I wondered if one of them was trying to leave and the other wouldn’t let him!

As the Financial Report   came out that day it was probably an accounting disagreement .

Perhaps the cause was the merits of various financial ratios.  The heavy set guy on the left favoured liquidity,  the more rangy fellow in the dark coat won’t have anything other than debt to equity . 

It’s a common bone of contention at games , and feelings can run high. 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

As the Financial Report   came out that day it was probably an accounting disagreement .

Perhaps the cause was the merits of various financial ratios.  The heavy set guy on the left favoured liquidity,  the more rangy fellow in the dark coat won’t have anything other than debt to equity . 

It’s a common bone of contention at games , and feelings can run high. 

My normal Friday night out with my accountancy pals. One or more of us comes back with a bruise or two arguing the merits of reserve policies or best ratio of gearing for growth!

• Haha 2

Perhaps there was something in the air, my brother tells me he almost got into a scrap in the snake pit for applauding Carlton Morris as he came off.

I tried to fall out too but there were too many empty seats so it seemed like effort.