Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Norwich City have made an appeal to overturn the red card

Do we have a stat for appeals. Something like appeals won (AW) and appeals rejected (AR). Then can someone do a graph. As you can tell I've given up on actual football 🤪

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Fingers crossed...

Yes indeed, if the appeal fails do they add additional match ban? 👍😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

Do we have a stat for appeals. Something like appeals won (AW) and appeals rejected (AR). Then can someone do a graph. As you can tell I've given up on actual football 🤪

All hail the new stat: Expected overturns

• Like 1

Not happening. There are enough camera angles which show Kenny's hand hitting the face. That'll be enough, regardless of how hard or actually damaging the contact was

Edited by TESCO

14 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

As far as I understand, the stats currently show... 

xAW 0

xAR 1

Hope this helps 👍

Edited by Ken Hairy

There may not be enough to overturn the decision but it could make the FA aware of what went on all evening leading up to the incident. That couldn't be a bad thing.

• Like 2

If the appeal is turned down, can they still add on additional games? Not sure if that is still a thing anymore or not.

Seems bizarre, definitely looked a red on replay. The guys all over McClean but you just don’t raise your hands like he did.

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

As far as I understand, the stats currently show... 

xAW 0

xAR 1

Hope this helps 👍

I'm a bit simple so could you do a graph just to make it easier for me 😀

Yeah, you can't raise your hands at an opponent.

Even with my yellow and green specs on, I can't see this being overturned.

You never know - we might win the appeal. Kenny never misses a game come rain, come snow, come earthquake, come pestilence. It seems to be our destiny that he is on that team-sheet. 

27 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Clutching there!

Considering no City players surrounded the ref would think it’s a forgone conclusion he let the side down

Poor decision. Ref should have given a penalty and then sent him off. However, would violence supercede the original offence.

Referees are getting off scot free. He was feckin useless and gutless and could have sorted it in the first 15 minutes. 

• Like 3

We could claim he has tourettes.  He'd have to twitch, throw his arms up and randomly swear at people on the field in the coming weeks to make it beleivable but...  ....oh wait, maybe he does?

Edited by Google Bot

I don't think they.ve done this without taking advice (I'm guessing an ex referee) so they must think there's a decent chance of justification.

Shame it likely won't be overturned, was both our best left back and midfielder in the same game, despite only playing one position. Says a bit about the other midfielders.

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

If the appeal is turned down, can they still add on additional games? Not sure if that is still a thing anymore or not.

Not sure, but I think that was a Premier League thing... not sure if it applied in the EFL too? They used to occasionally add one extra match for what they deemed a 'frivolous appeal'.

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Not sure, but I think that was a Premier League thing... not sure if it applied in the EFL too? They used to occasionally add one extra match for what they deemed a 'frivolous appeal'.

A quick Google suggests that is still the case. One would hope Smith has taken guidance on this.

• Like 1

I'm not saying the chances of that being overturned are slim but anorexia looks a reasonable diagnosis from here.

3 hours ago, Canaries north said:

AWg and ARa. 

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Poor decision. Ref should have given a penalty and then sent him off. However, would violence supercede the original offence.

Referees are getting off scot free. He was feckin useless and gutless and could have sorted it in the first 15 minutes. 

Yup, that was my reaction. I'm not sure how much more like rugby it needs to get before the ref takes action. Yes, Kenny probably should have gone down, but at the same time, the other player may as well have been in WWE at that point. It was utterly ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

I don't think they.ve done this without taking advice (I'm guessing an ex referee) so they must think there's a decent chance of justification.

My initial thought was that they will combine it with a complaint in regards to the deliberate barge into Cantwell's face I imagine.  i.e. How can the FA class one as a red, and the other nothing?

It's also likely that Smith is holding this card as an excuse to the loss and the club have got to follow it up on that basis, or it could appear that they don't support his view.