ncfc-tom

Creativity is the issue is it not?!

About time for Smith to show some bollox.

Gunn

Aarons     omo       Hanley        dimi

Gibbs        hayden

Ramsey        nunez        sara

Pukki           Sargent 

I would rather see us create and win 4-3 than not create and lose 1-0 to carp teams

Cant see Omo playing until after the world cup now if he needs 3-4 weeks.

We need better focus, leadership and strength in defence (a game where hanley isnt implicated in a goal would be a start),  more physicality, positional discipline in the defensive midfield and even a modicum of attacking drive and flair to feed two very capable strikers who are mainly reliant on opposition mistakes for chances in the pen area.

For sheffield i would prefer to see

Gunn

Aarons  Hanley  Gibson  Dimi

Hayden

Gibbs (Todd)                        Nunez

Sara (Dowell)  

Sargeant    Pukki

For me the issue is;

He doesn't know which keeper to pick.

Our defence is awful

Midfield non-existent

Our (on form) best striker, isn't playing striker.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ncfc-tom said:

About time for Smith to show some bollox.

Gunn

Aarons     omo       Hanley        dimi

Gibbs        hayden

Ramsey        nunez        sara

Pukki           Sargent 

I would rather see us create and win 4-3 than not create and lose 1-0 to carp teams

Are you stating the bloody obvious there 😉

Krul
Aarons Omo Hanley Byram Dimi
Ramsey Hayden Sara
Cantwell
Sargent

Can't decide on whether to drop Pukki or not, I probably would at this stage you know. Sargent absolutely needs to be at the top

Edited by AJ

Whichever way you cut that midfield it looks crap (excluding Hayden). I don't envy Smith having to pick winners from that lot.

Confidence is a big issue and perhaps there is more to come, but crikey have they been poor so far.

14 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

If we could start with a defence that does not include Hanley, Gibson and Aaron’s it would be a start, unfortunately we are stuffed.

A bit harsh on Hanley and Aaron's who at this level should be two of the very best in their positions. Gibson, meh. 

7 minutes ago, AJ said:

A bit harsh on Hanley and Aaron's who at this level should be two of the very best in their positions. Gibson, meh. 

Key word.

• Like 2

hanleys performances this year have not been at his previous level,  so not sure its that harsh at all; 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

If we could start with a defence that does not include Hanley, Gibson and Aaron’s it would be a start, unfortunately we are stuffed.

as much as we have been dire this season, he has been our best defender this season by some way IMO. 

Aarons has been going backwards all season, for some reason it seems like he has been told to not go forward and just defend, something that he is woeful at. Sick and tired of seeing Aarons run 10 yards, stop, turn round and then pass backwards, a trait of a player devoid of all confidence. 

I think once Dimi is fit he will be left back and Byram RB like how it was at the start of the season.

Edited by urdie_Canary

I feel like playing Ramsey has derailed us a bit. At the end of our last champ season Dowell was excellent in that position behind the striker. Cantwell also likes it there too. You could also play Pukki or Sara or Nunez there. We didn’t need Ramsey.

Ramsey has had some ok games and done some decent stuff at times but he’s raw and I get the impression the other players don’t always know what he’s going to do. 

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Gunn

Aarons Hanley Gibson Gianoulis 

Hayden Nunez/Gibbs

Sara Dowell Cantwell

Sargent

That is about the best we could put out. But the bloke selecting it shouldn't be around.

Krul (mainly for presence)

Aarons  Byram  Hanley  Dimi 

Hayden  

Sara        Nunez 

Hernandez                Ramsey 

Sargent 

The biggest problem is that most of our forward play has taken on a rather hopeful white-knuckle approach. Pukki and Sargent both encourage through balls or over the top, often leading to loss of possession. Whoever takes up the third attacker slot invariably gets lost as they're isolated (and in every case apart from Onel, not a winger)

We desperately need to go back to 3 attacking midfielders- a lot of our best spells recently have had a variation of a #10 present- so we can actually hold onto the ball in the final third, and have the opportunity to create. I'd have Sara there personally; when-fit Hayden and Gibbs in the CM pair for legs and discipline.

TLDR- we're rushing in attack which is resulting in us defending a lot more than we're comfortable with. We need to find a way to keep the ball nearer their goal for longer periods of time.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Look all I'm saying is that if at the next transfer window McLean vanished and then reappeared playing for Dundee or Motherwell I think some of us probably would not notice he's gone for some time..

Kenny was probably, once again, our best player last night until the sending off. Who do you think will go LB? Dimi is only just back from injury and Deano normally says they can't start a match unless they have played.

5 hours ago, urdie_Canary said:

as much as we have been dire this season, he has been our best defender this season by some way IMO. 

Aarons has been going backwards all season, for some reason it seems like he has been told to not go forward and just defend, something that he is woeful at. Sick and tired of seeing Aarons run 10 yards, stop, turn round and then pass backwards, a trait of a player devoid of all confidence. 

I think once Dimi is fit he will be left back and Byram RB like how it was at the start of the season.

Just my opinion, he is captain and a major part of a defence that ships goals for fun, even when we have walked the championship the defence has always been frail, it’s just on those occasions if the opponent scored 2 or 3 we could score more. He does not lead and he gets caught out so many times by pace or guile,  last night he just made it so easy for Morris to score and again against Watford at the weekend he was standing like a statue, just flat footed and slow. He offers no threat at corners also. Having said that he still better than Gibson who should never be anywhere near a championship first team, he is literally worth a goal a game to the opposition.

I honestly just started to write down my preferred team/formation and I don’t think I have one 😂

There are just too many players I feel are a bit cack. Gibson, Cantwell, Sinani, Aarons, Nunez as of right now or current form are just not cutting it. Kenny did well as LB first half last night but he is out. Dowell is potentially out and not very good. Onel is up and down. Gibbs and Ramsey the same. I think Sara is up to speed now, Sarge is a starter every week for me now and Hanley is the best we’ve got back there. I rate Byram defensively and Hayden might be ok but not match fit for 90. But how do you get a team from that? 

We are going to have to do a Man City with Amadou job if the next two games are going to yield any points 😂

Krul

Byram   Hanley      Gibson     Dimi/McLean

Nunez   Hayden

Aarons                                        Hernandez

Sargent     Pukki

I think Smith's strategy is for our forward runners to make random runs into random directions whilst the player on the ball kicks it in a random direction. On the odd occasions that the pass connects there will be no chance the defenders see it coming because we don't either.