Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Players regressing

Almost every player we have has regressed during Smith's tenure, some of them disastrously so (Pukki, Aarons). New players seem to start very well, but quickly get worse (Núñez, Ramsey), as do returning players (Sinani). Others have been discarded without being given a fair chance on the pitch (Tzolis, who got around 30 minutes during the whole of 2022).

The one glowing exception to this is Sargent. We'd be down with West Brom now if he hadn't somehow miraculously turned from Clark Kent to Superman. And even then most fans feel he is not being used to his maximum.

Something is terribly wrong, isn't it? And it's no use sitting on our hands and saying it'll all come right on the night.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RugbyCanary said:

Don't beat me with this stick but.....I just wonder what an arteta, klopp, Howe could do with our squad. Just thinking out loud

Sell them 

• Haha 1

The squad is so overhyped by our fans it’s unreal! How many players would actually get in a top team in this League, Pukki has been woeful this season, Aarons is so overhyped it’s unreal, Omo is a young kid who fans say is fantastic yet is prone to too many mistakes. 

The hype surrounding Sara and Nunez at times has been cringeworthy, just because Sara comes from Brazil doesn’t make him a fantastic player and Nunez had a great first couple of games but has been poor recently, so maybe that is the real Nunez?

So many of our fans big up players on the back of a few decent games, as they did with Gibbs also, but truth is they are just an average set of Championship players, but what makes it more strange is that this division is so poor now compared to previous years, it’s actually showing just how weak our squad is in all honesty 

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Almost every player we have has regressed during Smith's tenure, some of them disastrously so (Pukki, Aarons). New players seem to start very well, but quickly get worse (Núñez, Ramsey), as do returning players (Sinani). Others have been discarded without being given a fair chance on the pitch (Tzolis, who got around 30 minutes during the whole of 2022).

The one glowing exception to this is Sargent. We'd be down with West Brom now if he hadn't somehow miraculously turned from Clark Kent to Superman. And even then most fans feel he is not being used to his maximum.

Something is terribly wrong, isn't it? And it's no use sitting on our hands and saying it'll all come right on the night.

Its a good point about Sinani. He actually looked bright and quite good when he came back into the squad at the start of the season. He now looks slow, cumbersome and frankly a cart horse.

Max will be worth nothing soon if his form doesn't improve.

Omobamidele had regressed hugely in recent weeks and was looking a shell of the player he was.

Nunez is now having a prolonged "dip", Pukki looks a shadow of his usual self and even Sargent has been way less effective out wide than through the centre. 

There is not a single player in that team/squad who I think is playing at the level they are capable of except perhaps Gunn and Kenny (at left back). 

• Like 1

The decline in Aaron’s is remarkable. Nunez was very bright when he arrived. His movement impressed me. Making space off the ball to receive passes. In the space of a few weeks he’s turned into another of smiths statues, giving the person in possession no options at all. I really think it’s a huge coaching issue and the longer they’re been here the worse it’s gotten. 
There’s only one option now and they need sacking asap before this season is wasted. 

1 hour ago, RugbyCanary said:

Don't beat me with this stick but.....I just wonder what an arteta, klopp, Howe could do with our squad. Just thinking out loud

Win the league. 

53 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

The squad is so overhyped by our fans it’s unreal! How many players would actually get in a top team in this League, Pukki has been woeful this season, Aarons is so overhyped it’s unreal, Omo is a young kid who fans say is fantastic yet is prone to too many mistakes. 

The hype surrounding Sara and Nunez at times has been cringeworthy, just because Sara comes from Brazil doesn’t make him a fantastic player and Nunez had a great first couple of games but has been poor recently, so maybe that is the real Nunez?

So many of our fans big up players on the back of a few decent games, as they did with Gibbs also, but truth is they are just an average set of Championship players, but what makes it more strange is that this division is so poor now compared to previous years, it’s actually showing just how weak our squad is in all honesty 

Even if you're right and we are overestimating these players, they are nowhere near as bad as they have become.