Sign in to follow this  
TheBaldOne66

Carlton Morris

I always felt he deserved more of a chance when he was here. He’s gone on to be a decent striker since he left and paid us back tonight for never giving him a real chance!

Good player now, similar type to Idah but so much better and scores goals. Luton’s record against the other top clubs is impressive, drew a couple and won the rest I’ve read. 

So much revision in this post. He had horrible luck with injuries - even at his loan clubs - and was never available to take advantage of his opportunities. Spoiler alert: Idah is looking like he’ll go exactly the same way and will eventually be released or sold. You can bet when he scores against us people will also be saying “wasn’t given a chance here.”

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Disagree. Taken a long time to flourish, too long for Norwich to wait as a top championship and EPL side. 

Top Championship side? Really? You are deluded if you think we are a top side and as for mentioning the EPL, well we were just embarrassing twice 🙈

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Disagree. Taken a long time to flourish, too long for Norwich to wait as a top championship and EPL side. 

Bit like Idah then.

Decent Championship player, and great to see him doing well at this level. Good enough for us? No, I'm not so sure.

Is he better than Idah? Possibly, but Idah is 5 years younger.

3 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Top Championship side? Really? You are deluded if you think we are a top side and as for mentioning the EPL, well we were just embarrassing twice 🙈

At the time when he was a Norwich player, we were. That was my point. 

Can see Idah's career going in a similar direction to Morris'. Shame really... but such is modern football and need for instant results. Here is hoping we place an option to repurchase in any transfer fee.

He wasnt ready when we let him go but he has significantly improved by playing regular football, at a lower level initially,  under good coaches and is now a capable champs striker and I am delighted he has done so well..

I would however not be starting him ahead of either Sargent or Pukki.

• Like 1

Sadly i imagine Jones team talk was something like lets keep it tight and Morris you will get a chance with this defence as they have a mistake in them every game 

Pleased for him. Not every youngster will make our first team. But I'm glad he's now having a successful career.

Also, watched Morris in the warm-up doing shooting practice. He missed the target every time with his left foot. Something Hanley should have been aware of.

18 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Taking Luton to the Prem, good on him (even if it has required one hell of a dive from him tonight..)

Don't think Sheff Utd are going to drop 10 of a possible 12 pts, CC.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Taking Luton to the Prem, good on him (even if it has required one hell of a dive from him tonight..)

I honestly think people forget he is 27 and we let him go two years ago, in January 2021.

At that point he had been on a sting of loans and had suffered various injuries. The first half of the 20-21 season he spent on loan at MK Dons, scoring 4 goals in 24 appearances. He'd scored a total of 6 in 38 the previous season (wiki for these so could be iffy by the odd goal). So you can see, not prolific.

For Barnsley he had just over a 1 in 3 ratio. Brilliantly easy to say, in the first season he looks close to getting 1 goal in 2, that he should have been given more of a chance. Sadly injuries and his success, or lack of it, on loan meant that he wasn't ahead of the strikers we had at the time.

Good on him for going out there and doing it though, I had bumped into him around the city a few times and he's a really nice chap, polite and quiet. Everyone deserves a chance at success if they are willing to fight for it. 

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

On 19/10/2022 at 08:25, TheBaldOne66 said:

How can the OP be deluded? We finished top and we’re easily the best team in the division in our previous 2 spells. How does that not make us a top championship side?

16 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

How can the OP be deluded? We finished top and we’re easily the best team in the division in our previous 2 spells. How does that not make us a top championship side?

Maybe look at the championship table

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Maybe look at the championship table

At the time Morris was let go? Use your brain before approaching the keyboard for once , ffs!  Your desperate attempts to curry favour on here leave you looking stupid mate. 

Congrats to CM.  

• Like 1

It is a little like looking at Idah now. When footballers develop at different rates or tail off, how do the Clubs manage it ?

9 hours ago, chicken said:

I honestly think people forget he is 27 and we let him go two years ago, in January 2021.

At that point he had been on a sting of loans and had suffered various injuries. The first half of the 20-21 season he spent on loan at MK Dons, scoring 4 goals in 24 appearances. He'd scored a total of 6 in 38 the previous season (wiki for these so could be iffy by the odd goal). So you can see, not prolific.

For Barnsley he had just over a 1 in 3 ratio. Brilliantly easy to say, in the first season he looks close to getting 1 goal in 2, that he should have been given more of a chance. Sadly injuries and his success, or lack of it, on loan meant that he wasn't ahead of the strikers we had at the time.

Good on him for going out there and doing it though, I had bumped into him around the city a few times and he's a really nice chap, polite and quiet. Everyone deserves a chance at success if they are willing to fight for it. 

100%

The most irritating thing is a lot of those complaining about Morris doing well now are the same one's complaining about Idah's 5 year contract. I'm not surer you can have it both ways.

Many players develop late. Some develop better with other clubs.

To be fair, when we let him go, he didn't look a player we needed with our style.

But having said that, I am always pleased for players we have developed who have gone on to have good careers. I just hope we can start to develop more.

Next season we will likely be up against Saxon Earley for instance.

• Like 1

On 19/10/2022 at 06:18, Midlands Yellow said:

Good player now, similar type to Idah but so much better and scores goals. 

Not really that similar at all then.... 😄

Well done to Carlton. However until the summer he was sold he really didn't fit our style of play. It is just a wee bit ironic that now he would fit into Wagner's potential style like a glove. Whether the fans attending Carrow Road will ever truly appreciate this style of play is the question for the future! 

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

100%

The most irritating thing is a lot of those complaining about Morris doing well now are the same one's complaining about Idah's 5 year contract. I'm not surer you can have it both ways.

Of course we can, we're Norwich fans. Idah is 5 years younger than Morris so maybe by the time his contract expires he'll be as good.