TeemuVanBasten

Should we sack Dean Smith in the Morning? (POLL)

Should we sack Dean Smith in the Morning?  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sack Dean Smith in the Morning?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes or no. That simple really.

Can we sleep on it, and give you an answer in the morning?

Voted yes but Why wait till morning? Daniel got binned in the dressing room after brentford. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

I voted no, as it's bad luck to sack someone on a Wednesday. Do it on Thursday.

You've been living amongst those highly superstitious Irish folk for too long 🤣

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Why wait till morning? Daniel got binned in the dressing room after brentford. 

Because the morning is in 40 minutes, bit unrealistic to hold a board meeting before midnight, especially if Delia has been on the Sherry's as it would take half an hour to wake her up.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

There's no 'undecided' option because this is no time to sit on the fence.

Yes or no. That simple really.

If it were that simple, I'd vote 'yes' (so I've voted 'yes', because you presented binary options).

However, it was sacking Farke without having a replacement lined up that led us to appointing Smith in the first place (he was still Villa manager when we fired Daniel).

All things being equal I think we need a change, but I'd rather Webber waited until he knew he could bring in someone who is a noticeable improvement. Who we appoint to replace Smith if he goes is absolutely pivotal to our future.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Because the morning is in 40 minutes, bit unrealistic to hold a board meeting before midnight, especially if Delia has been on the Sherry's as it would take half an hour to wake her up.

Fair point 🤣 To be honest, I didn't even realise the time 🤣 

7 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

You do know this song is about him having sex in his car and the “paradise” in the dashboard light is the woman’s lady garden? 

Webber won't sack him while we're still in the mix at the top.

Lose to Sheff Utd and Burnley and we'll probably be out of the playoff places.

Then Webber will have a decision to make.

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You do know this song is about him having sex in his car and the “paradise” in the dashboard light is the woman’s lady garden? 

Normally the fella from cork is giving me sex advice, and no I didn't know that.

Just for the record, did you want me to clear you from my mind before I dissapear into the toilet, or you ok if I go straight there now?

Just now, KeiranShikari said:

Why would he?

He wouldn't because him and fatboy Shakespeare saw our club as an easy nice little earner. 

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

If it were that simple, I'd vote 'yes' (so I've voted 'yes', because you presented binary options).

However, it was sacking Farke without having a replacement lined up that led us to appointing Smith in the first place (he was still Villa manager when we fired Daniel).

All things being equal I think we need a change, but I'd rather Webber waited until he knew he could bring in someone who is a noticeable improvement. Who we appoint to replace Smith if he goes is absolutely pivotal to our future.

When we sacked Farke we wanted Lampard, smith was still in a job when we sacked Farke. Lampard and Webber had meetings at Dunston Hall which is fairly common knowledge. He turned us down so by that time we turned to Smith.

I’d rather we did the honourable thing and not speak to a manager behind another managers back that almost feels like cheating on your girlfriend to me.

9 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Most clubs appoint a caretaker though. Brighton, Bournemouth and Wolves have all done that. Bournemouth very successfully with Gary O'Neill. We also had a nice little bounce when we went with Alan Irvine on a temporary basis..

If the players have lost faith and confidence, which they appear to, then I personally feel that the immediate thought should be to cut the manager loose, relieve a bit of tension (and any toxicity which may exist).

The U21 manager, Alan Neilsen, is undefeated this season, 7 wins, 3 draws, 0 defeats. He has been caretaker manager 3 times at Luton. There are other options also, Stuart Weaver the Head of Football Development has a pro license, although I'd chose Neilsen because he's managing on a daily basis, sometimes with players who are on the fringes of our first team squad, and has Premier League and International experience as a player.

Plus being caretaker 3 times at Luton suggests that he wont do an Alan Irvine and quit in a strop when we put him back in his previous role.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Surely more apt??

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

When we sacked Farke we wanted Lampard, smith was still in a job when we sacked Farke. Lampard and Webber had meetings at Dunston Hall which is fairly common knowledge.

The Dunston Hall thing actually turned out to be untrue.

They did meet, but it was in Dubai.

Webber flew to Dubai to try to convince Lampard to join us as manager.

3 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Normally the fella from cork is giving me sex advice, and no I didn't know that.

Just for the record, did you want me to clear you from my mind before I dissapear into the toilet, or you ok if I go straight there now?

Do as you wish 😂 the let me sleep on it part is the woman wanting to marry him before she lets him have sex with her and him not wanting to commit straight away but ends up saying he’ll marry her so he can get his end away 😂

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

When we sacked Farke we wanted Lampard, smith was still in a job when we sacked Farke. Lampard and Webber had meetings at Dunston Hall which is fairly common knowledge. He turned us down so by that time we turned to Smith.

I’d rather we did the honourable thing and not speak to a manager behind another managers back that almost feels like cheating on your girlfriend to me.

I'd rather we did the thing that gives us the best chance of success, personally. Ultimately it's Webber's job to oversee our on-field success, and if the current incumbent isn't producing results then I'd expect a man in his position to be getting his ducks in a row rather than being loyal to an unpopular and failing manager.

I admire your moral stance, though! 🙂

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

I'd rather we did the thing that gives us the best chance of success, personally. Ultimately it's Webber's job to oversee our on-field success, and if the current incumbent isn't producing results then I'd expect a man in his position to be getting his ducks in a row rather than being loyal to an unpopular and failing manager.

I admire your moral stance, though! 🙂

If he’s not got a list of candidates he wants to replace him already then he’s not doing his job properly anyway he should be thinking 3 moves ahead all the time. Providing those moves are up bloody mountains in transfer windows. 

Its 36-6 in favour of sacking him thus far.

And 1 of those against was Corky who thinks we should sack him on Thursday rather than Wednesday.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Most clubs appoint a caretaker though. Brighton, Bournemouth and Wolves have all done that. Bournemouth very successfully with Gary O'Neill. We also had a nice little bounce when we went with Alan Irvine on a temporary basis..

If the players have lost faith and confidence, which they appear to, then I personally feel that the immediate thought should be to cut the manager lose, relieve a bit of tension (and any toxicity which may exist).

The U21 manager, Alan Neilsen, is undefeated this season, 7 wins, 3 draws, 0 defeats. He has been caretaker manager 3 times at Luton. There are other options also, Stuart Weaver the Head of Football Development has a pro license, although I'd chose Neilsen because he's managing on a daily basis, sometimes with players who are on the fringes of our first team squad, and has Premier League and International experience as a player.

Plus being caretaker 3 times at Luton suggests that he wont do an Alan Irvine and quit in a strop when we put him back in his previous role.

Yeah, a lot of sense there mate. Only six fixtures until the World Cup break, and anything we get from the next two are a bonus irrespective of who's in charge, given the way we're playing at the moment.

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The Dunston Hall thing actually turned out to be untrue.

They did meet, but it was in Dubai.

Webber flew to Dubai to try to convince Lampard to join us as manager.

I got told by a director at the club the meeting at dunston happened 🤷‍♂️ I think the flying to Dubai was to plead for his saviour which went unheeded. We’d probably be no better off than we are now either way.