Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

So what went wrong with Núñez tonight?

I want to like the guy and it is clear he ha a lot of skill, hell when he first played for us it all seemed to go right for him. He had the fantastic free kicks, his passes seemed to always find their target but now.. Well, what on Earth was tonights display? Must have only had about one succsesful pass in the entire time he was on the pitch. And it's such a shame as he seems like great guy too but damn, that was pretty awful tonight

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I want to like the guy and it is clear he ha a lot of skill, hell when he first played for us it all seemed to go right for him. He had the fantastic free kicks, his passes seemed to always find their target but now.. Well, what on Earth was tonights display? Must have only had about one succsesful pass in the entire time he was on the pitch. And it's such a shame as he seems like great guy too but damn, that was pretty awful tonight

The coaching staff got to him

I joked with friends after his first couple of games that a few weeks of smith and shakey’s coaching would turn him into Shaun Carey, but sadly I may be right

How about tonight he simply didn’t click after coming on as a sub into a ****e situation. As to his more general decline, I couldn’t say.

Remember how when Buendia first came in, it took a few games before he was awesome.

Nunez came in awesome and has taken a few games to get ****.

That there is the Farke regime v the Smith one.

• Like 1

Nunez needs to start. He’s still adapting, and now having to contend with being the oppositions target as our most creative and influential player. 

I really hope Hayden, Sara, and Nunez is the answer. But a point I raised earlier, I have a suspicion Smith wont play both Sara and Nunez together. 

He's simply another one who is regressing under the current coaching set up. The scary part is quite how quick he's regressed. 

Like so many tonight was far too below par. Cantwell another who couldn't string a pass together. Even Hayden in his 2 minutes only completed a couple of his attempted passes. Coming off the bench in that atmosphere must have been dreadful, but the subs all failed to really make an impact, perhaps Onel aside. And I guess Dimi did okay. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Nunez needs to start. He’s still adapting, and now having to contend with being the oppositions target as our most creative and influential player. 

I really hope Hayden, Sara, and Nunez is the answer. But a point I raised earlier, I have a suspicion Smith wont play both Sara and Nunez together. 

With Hayden at the base, I think it would work. It wouldn't with Gibbs, but I think Hayden's experience and physicality would allow for Sara and Nuñez either side of him. 

I don’t know what the midfield players are meant to do. They are permanently faced with trying to play through congested overloaded central areas or passing it back/wide . Doesn’t matter who we have in these positions they all look the same .Unable to effect the game . 

Sara looked utter shïte tonight . But most of them did . 

Nunez wasn’t good tonight but it was a tall ask down to 10 men chasing the game.

I want to see a midfield 5 that includes Hayden, Nunez, Sara, Cantwell, Hernandez with Sargent up top.

Smith has explained to Nunez that Hanley is our playmaker, and under no circumstance is Nunez to use his skill to create opportunities. We must play from the back, fanny around a bit, get the ball to Hanley then trust in his superior skill to find the perfect pass. 

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

You could see a 4-3-3 (which for some reason appears to be the formation to which we aspire) with Hayden at the base and Sara and Nunez as sort of roving #8s in the midfield.  Personally I see it as a really bad idea without penetrative wide players (which can be pace or ability to pick a pass) but the club aren't paying me the big bucks to make these decisions...

6 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

You could see a 4-3-3 (which for some reason appears to be the formation to which we aspire) with Hayden at the base and Sara and Nunez as sort of roving #8s in the midfield.  Personally I see it as a really bad idea without penetrative wide players (which can be pace or ability to pick a pass) but the club aren't paying me the big bucks to make these decisions...

Yeah I agree. Rashica and Tzolis type of players, with Sargent through the middle.