Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Josh Sargent- Statistically the second best attacker

Wherever he's playing him and Pukki are on course for 40 goals between them. If only Idah could get fit and weigh in with 10 we could be promoted...

• Like 1

The trouble is we don't have a winger better than Sargent. We thought we would have in Rashica and Tzolis, but not to be.

It's a position we're not strong in.

Edited by Capt. Pants

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Wherever he's playing him and Pukki are on course for 40 goals between them. If only Idah could get fit and weigh in with 10 we could be promoted...

Where would we play Idah?

2 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

What’s his xG? That’s the one that really counts. 

Oh, do you not like xG? I’m not sure you mentioned it before 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And yet he get's thrown on the wing🤔

h1rxkaxahku91.png

Could argue he is scoring from playing on the wing too. Just saying 

19 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Where would we play Idah?

He'd have to force his way into a starting place but he could replace Pukki or Sarge for 15/20 mins and score those goals. It's very much a squad game and you can never have too many strikers.

Edited by nutty nigel

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

He'd have to force his way into a starting place but he could replace Pukki or Sarge for 15/20 mins and score those goals. It's very much a squad game and you can never have too many strikers.

The problem isn’t the strikers, it’s what’s behind them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Could always go for a brave three up top attacking formation 🤔😂

Can’t create anything with five midfielders, let alone 3

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

The problem isn’t the strikers, it’s what’s behind them

Or maybe it's @ricardos tombola that somehow came up with Sinani when Dowell was ruled out. Now if I could get hold of that tombola I'd fix it to play Pukki and Sarge up front in a two.

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Or maybe it's @ricardos tombola that somehow came up with Sinani when Dowell was ruled out. Now if I could get hold of that tombola I'd fix it to play Pukki and Sarge up front in a two.

I won’t lie, I literally have no idea what that reference is

14 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The trouble is we don't have a winger better than Sargent. We thought we would have in Rashica and Tzolis, but not to be.

It's a position we're not strong in.

We didnt really give Rashica a go tbh

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

I won’t lie, I literally have no idea what that reference is

The tombola reference was from Rickyyy's match thread. Replacing Dowell with Sinani seemed totally random. Cantwell would have made more sense to me.

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

The tombola reference was from Rickyyy's match thread. Replacing Dowell with Sinani seemed totally random. Cantwell would have made more sense to me.

Ah I don’t read them if I’m honest. But yeah, totally agree with that. Even sarge to the right and Cantwell left. Made no sense. But I’m still stuck on this Ramsey transfer before even thinking about that 

• Like 1

2 players in the top 8 because of their ability and in spite of a system that means we dont get touches in their pen area or creates good chances from open play.

Josh and teemu in great form,  their movement is good but simply not being picked up by the midfield creators.  they are the jewels we need to build around;   feed them they will score. 

What do people think Josh would be worth?

Ive seen on other threads people saying we haven’t got anyone valuable in our squad but it seems to me Josh will be in demand even in January

He’s only 22 but already has Prem and Bundesliga experience and may well go to the a World Cup finals

More importantly he’s improving which is the key at his age. He’s always worked hard and had good strength and if his goalscoring continues he has a lot of potential to be really good in the future.

I think come what may some clubs struggling to score in the Prem may look at him in January - if he has a good World Cup, especially against England, he could be in real demand

20 goals a season strikers go for what - 15/20 million? 

2 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

Ive seen on other threads people saying we haven’t got anyone valuable in our squad but it seems to me Josh will be in demand even in January

He’s only 22 but already has Prem and Bundesliga experience and may well go to the a World Cup finals

More importantly he’s improving which is the key at his age. He’s always worked hard and had good strength and if his goalscoring continues he has a lot of potential to be really good in the future.

I think come what may some clubs struggling to score in the Prem may look at him in January - if he has a good World Cup, especially against England, he could be in real demand

8-10 with add-ons if he keeps scoring.

I've a feeling there are more jewels in our team that Smith and Webber fail to get the best out of, and other clubs can see that. It will result in a similar situation where Webber, then Farke came in and sold all McNally's crown jewels to eventually **** up the wall. We have some good Homegrown talent like then however (Omo, Idah, Aarons and Gibbs - albeit nominally bought in), plus Sargent in the Maddison resale role, which will be used by the new incumbents of SD & HC to wheel and deal and set us up for another go at things. Unless of course Webber & Smith are kept on beyond this season when there will be a fire sale.

33 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I've a feeling there are more jewels in our team that Smith and Webber fail to get the best out of, and other clubs can see that. It will result in a similar situation where Webber, then Farke came in and sold all McNally's crown jewels to eventually **** up the wall. We have some good Homegrown talent like then however (Omo, Idah, Aarons and Gibbs - albeit nominally bought in), plus Sargent in the Maddison resale role, which will be used by the new incumbents of SD & HC to wheel and deal and set us up for another go at things. Unless of course Webber & Smith are kept on beyond this season when there will be a fire sale.

With the money webber spent last season we should have more jewels than we have 

last season put us backwards not forwards and that is what we needed to progress 

adding a few players a season to get stronger each time we went up was what webber planned 

we now look like we need a overhaul in nearly every position 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

Does being ginger add or subtract value ?

( and i love him btw )

1 hour ago, Chichcan said:

Who are buying Championship strikers? Nobody took a punt on Toney, now in the England squad. He is in the EPL because he went up with Brentford. Desperate Villa paid £25M for Watkins. But top clubs are looking way beyond Championship players. So Sarge will probably not go to an EPL club so might as well stay with us.

The problem with this is Pukki is also quite high up in the stats, so we're trying to wedge both into the same XI. It's one or the other for me now, it's not working.

4 hours ago, AJ said:

The problem with this is Pukki is also quite high up in the stats, so we're trying to wedge both into the same XI. It's one or the other for me now, it's not working.

i think you are right Smith is trying to keep everyone happy 

i have my tin hat on but i think he should of put sarge up front in middle and stuck with it that 

instead he tried to put both in and the side looks unbalanced 

• Like 1