Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

No left back fit for saturday

Colin if Shackell is played in the centre or Shackell, if worthy decides that Rehman and Doc should be in the central roles!

My back 4, remember doherty is suspended as well.

Fleming      Rehman      Spillane      Shackall

I would give the youth a go, and colin is poor right back so lets not play him left back and block the youth again.

Sorry Charlies Dad way off on this one, Patrick Bexfield is not a left back, he is a centre midfilder who has helped out at right back.  The left back for the youth team is either Adam Gusterson or Robert Eagle both of whom were playing other roles last night.  Patrick is certainly not up to first team standard, in fact is normally down the list of starters for the reserves.  So I dont see that happening.  Shacks is left footed dont forget, so may well be that he slots into that position if needed.  But I am sure if they were that desperate they would probably play Rossi Jarvis, he has played left back before although right back is his favoured position.

i think shackell should fill the boots, if not why not stick Rehman there?

Shackell as far as I recall has only played left back once when slaughtered against Palace (admittedly against an on fire Routledge) so I am not sure he is the answer.

Mind you I dont know who is - WLY?[:P] 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Shackell as far as I recall has only played left back once when slaughtered against Palace (admittedly against an on fire Routledge) so I am not sure he is the answer.

Mind you I dont know who is - WLY?[:P] 

[/quote]

I went too that game and i seem to remember that his throw ins kept going out of plan the gale force wind. That was his main problem, and also i cant see stoke having a wayne routledge in their team.

Shack against palace was one of his, if not his worst performance in a city shirt. God awful, but that was three years ago. He''s improved now...well..hopefully..

of course Worthy could be adevnturous and play either 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 but he wont....

3-4-3 is a hell of a risk unless u have pacey centerbacks who are drilled on the offised trap!

3-5-2 is pretty effective if u play wing backs or wingers who can tackle... Might mean Hucks going up front but we could still be weak on the left????

only other option is to change it to 3-1-4-2

Safri behind the middle 4 in a mopping up role and perhaps dropping down to act an extra defender in the final third... im probably being to tactical now though

jas :)