PockthorpePete

****The Official Lapps Match Thread ****

Thank heaven for Alex Gunn and Josh Sargent. Feel free to substitute any of the other nine at halftime. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pyro Pete said:

Chris Goreham saying Dowell has been sh*te, but has somehow conjured a goal out of nothing.

Did he say "sh*te"? What is Radio Norfolk coming to? Just because Margolyse can tell Hunt to fcuck off  is one thing.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

What happened to that Aarons who used to be good?

Sad as it is, I wholeheartedly agree.

• Like 1

Watford miss the easiest chance of the game and we get a shock goal.

Still in this. Watford will panic so we need to be 100% better 2nd half, which shouldn't be difficult.

• Like 1

Great to get a goal back! But why do we continue to make so many poor decisions at vital points... by the law of averages you'd expect to get some right... it's not new to this game, been a theme for a while.  I can only think that it's something that is being coached and just isn't working.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Exactly. Plenty of us had these deep concerns long before Preston and tonight and felt our lofty league position was unsustainable given how we were playing. And we were just told we were being pathetic and asked what more could we want after so many wins or games unbeaten.

Perfectly put.

Dowell has been ****e but when he comes in to number 10 he looks good, his natural position. Swap Nunez with Dowell,  put Sargent up top and play the Diomond with two up top or take Pukki off and get Hernandez on. But Sargent needs to go up top and Dowell central. I’m no manager but even I can see this simple change will have a big impact!

• Like 1

Trying to stay positive, but if we had wanted to set up to maximise Watford's threat whilst minimising ours, this was the line up.

Genuinely thought we would be a diamond when I saw the line up.

2 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

YES SARG... NOW PUT HIM IN THE CENTER!!!!!

But he wouldn’t have got the ball if he was in the centre.   Nothing wrong with Pukki, everything is wrong with the midfield and the quality of service they get up front!   We just aren’t good enough!!!!    Third and a good unlucky showing in the playoffs will do for me….. heaven help this lot if we get promoted again!   

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Thank heaven for Alex Gunn and Josh Sargent. Feel free to substitute any of the other nine at halftime. 

Alex's brother Angus made a decent pen save too 

• Haha 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Shame the half came felt if we had a couple minutes more of added time we could have made it 2-2.. Momentum did feel it was shifting. Would be very happy with a draw given how poor we've been

But it will give Deano the chance to say "well played Grant"

Going into this game we had the highest away xG in the league, and Watford in the top five worst for home xGA. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

... no.

Why not? Making a decent squad look terribly average, or have I missed the last season?......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Top finish by Sargent.

OTBC

Great finish that.

That's what I wish Onel could do regularly to be honest, he'd be some player if his little cuts inside were matched with finishing ability. 

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Since Gibbs has come back from injury, he has offered literally nothing. He should not be in the team

Rushed back.

• Like 1

Both Watford goals really lucky. That being said we're giving them the opportunities to have the luck.

Worried about Teemu. He's making some really awful decisions.

Dowell just occasionally does shows some real class. The rest of the time he's non-existent.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Going into this game we had the highest away xG in the league, and Watford in the top five worst for home xGA. 

So we get the 3 points then regardless of the score right?

This board is pretty entertaining tonight. Moreso than the match tbf. 

But just in defence of the snarky comments about xG (which have been just lying in wait for for us to concede a couple), it is worked out during and after the game. So I’m assuming that Watford will have an xG higher than ours at present, which just like the games where our xG was higher than the opposition, apart from a couple of exceptions as we know anomalies occur and it’s not exact science, so in reality xG is probably proving to be accurate for this game as it has the majority of the games this season. 

I’m being devil’s advocate, but people on here going ‘what’s all that farkin’ xG bollox sayin’ now you muppets?’ really don’t understand it’s likely to be saying Watford should be 2-1 up. 

You’re all welcome 😘😉

• Thanks 1

Just now, ron obvious said:

Both Watford goals really lucky. That being said we're giving them the opportunities to have the luck.

Worried about Teemu. He's making some really awful decisions.

Dowell just occasionally does shows some real class. The rest of the time he's non-existent.

Same with Pukki. It feels wrong to say it but he belong on the bench right now.

Just now, Dr Greenthumb said:

Since Gibbs has come back from injury, he has offered literally nothing. He should not be in the team

I mean, we're relying on a 19 year old who's previous 1st team football experience was a handful of games for a tin pot pile of shïte in a shïte league.  

Not saying he's been outstanding since his return but Patience is warranted with the lad, Hayden coming back to fitness will help him massively. 

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

GET IN THERE SARGE! 

Fantastic bit of play by Dowell too. Back in it?

This will finish 2-2 I reckon. Smith will definitely give most of the team a bollocking, they have earned it. Nunez should not re-join this game.