PockthorpePete

****The Official Lapps Match Thread ****

5 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

The xG crowd won't even be able to cling to that tonight either.

Looking like 1 win in 5..and 5 points from 15

Those of us who could foresee results falling in line with performances are being proven right unlike those who watch football through XG stats

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Dreadfully weak midfield

Wont be going up with this.

Get Hayden,Sara and Cantwell on for Gibbs McLean and Dowell asap

I think you've summed it right about our midfield - Nunez has had several average games of late, even poor at times. The balance isn't right and we simply don't control games. I certainly think it needs a change round of at least 2 out of the 3 you've mentioned.

At the moment you can't argue that we are getting what we deserve so far.

1 minute ago, baldy09 said:

Time for Sean Smith to go and quick while we still have chance of going up

Actually, Sean Smith might be a better choice.

Wrong system. What is up with our coaching staff that they stick with this stupid system that relies on a 19 year old shoring up the middle when the other two go walkies.

How is Dowell going to get past his man and hit a brilliant cross for Sarge to nod down to Teemu to volley in? It isn't his fault. He is a No 10 playing right wing!  Why is our leading scorer playing out on the left?

And why is Hanley  so loved?

With Pukki as striker NCFC and Smith don’t have a hope in he**s chance. He is far to slow and is being played on history alone. Their keeper has had nothing to save, we are so poor. 

Why the **** is Sargent playing wide left? What’s with this tinkering ****e by Smith! Get him up top!

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

This is absolutely crap. Reminds me of how we looked in the Premier League, lightweight, easily bullied out of games and disorganised. 

I know most will blame Smith but **** me Webber has yet again failed to deal with the glaring deficiencies in the squad.

Come off it, This is the championship our squad is good enough and our £10m signing is Sat on the bench, Smith is a shambles, he picked this line up!

Edited by wheres my rebate gone?
  • Like 1

I believe Lappin claimed last week that the Championship had plenty of quality this season…….

We are watching the wretched team that could have gone top tonight….

Just now, Indy said:

Why the **** is Sargent playing wide left? What’s with this tinkering ****e by Smith! Get him up top!

^ this!

Just like last week….these defeats have been coming, we haven’t dominated a game so far this season, we’ve been winning without looking comfortable & once we’ve come up against a well organised team like Preston & a team like Watford who have a fast front line we get found out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

I think you've summed it right about our midfield - Nunez has had several average games of late, even poor at times. The balance isn't right and we simply don't control games. I certainly think it needs a change round of at least 2 out of the 3 you've mentioned.

At the moment you can't argue that we are getting what we deserve so far.

Teams clearly earmarked Nunez as a threat after his first 5 or 6 very good performances, and he's found the extra attention difficult since.  Rarely gets a second on the ball before closed down by opposition of late.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

Time for Sean Smith to go and quick while we still have chance of going up

His brother Dean can **** the **** off as well.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

We are as good as we have been so far this season. It just depends upon the opposition.

That's been true for several seasons. We are just better than all the other teams at beating the also rans.