PockthorpePete

****The Official Lapps Match Thread ****

I know people won't hear a word against him but our defense is constantly disorganised and our most experienced player and captain somehow skates without criticism, despite that being a key part of his job. Get him out.

Edited by king canary
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I know people won't hear a word against him but our defense is constantly disorganised and our most experienced player and captain someone skates without criticism, despite that being a key part of his job. Get him out.

I’m afraid there is a lot of truth here sadly

Byram was tracking their number 14. 

Dowell and Hanley just not communicating, resulted in Hanley marking and no one marking Louza. Pathetic defending.

It's so annoying that we concede goals like this repeatedly, yet worse teams than us rarely gift us any back in return. 

Still, we were under the cosh from Smith's latest brainfart starting 11.

We've sat through some sh1t but this is some of the worst for me,

So weak at the back, non existent in midfield and feeding off scraps up top,

That coupled with no attacking flair or character makes every game a tough watch,

I hate losing but that's the only way we get to replace this tedious and futile man and his tedious, futile football

Edited by CDMullins
  • Like 3

Yes not a great left back, but not his natural position, I’d have stuck with McLean there and played Sara……Sarr having a massive influence!

3 minutes ago, Jsim1986 said:

Literally next Aaron's 

Yeah, I'm not sure how much to blame he is without seeing how he ended up on the wrong flank. 

Dowell was tracking Louza but for some reason came inside of Hanley (a charitable view is he's not a defender, a less charitable view is he's hiding where he doesn't have to do any defending) then nobody talks to each other about where players are.

The problem is our midfield. We have no cohesion. Is Nunez worth his place? Not for me. Kenny just so average. Dowell the same. Sargent out of position! Gibbs the best but young and can’t do it all. 

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yes not a great left back, but not his natural position, I’d have stuck with McLean there and played Sara……Sarr having a massive influence!

His natural position is RB,

The principles when defending on the right or the left are the same.

The only thing that changes is when you're in possession the space that's available is not where your natural kicking foot would be.

Edited by CDMullins

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how much to blame he is without seeing how he ended up on the wrong flank. 

Dowell was tracking Louza but for some reason came inside of Hanley (a charitable view is he's not a defender, a less charitable view is he's hiding where he doesn't have to do any defending) then nobody talks to each other about where players are.

Hanley actually looked round to see who was behind him too late to do much about it 

My god, this is appalling to watch. 

I even just found myself agreeing with Mick McCarthy, FFS. 

• Like 1

Nice to see Allan Russell named, shown and shamed on live TV though. 

oh, 0-2. TV off, Smith out, etc

• Like 1