1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Smith will have to wean himself from off Kenny McLean gradually, and it might even need an injury to the player for the final break to come about.

I expect him to be a starter for some time to come.

A reliable stalwart, jack-of-all trades (but master of none tbh), good engine, rarely injured and an experienced head and leader of sorts, the Mayor is a Championship manager's dream.

Indeed but Sara, Gibbs and Nunez are all performing as well in parts as McLean. To be honest left back he’s been our best player by miles, maybe like Milner his versatility has shown. I’d stick him there allowing others to play in midfield.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Bring on width early second half in Todd, Onel and Sinani.

We only have Onel who's disciplined to create width. Todd and Danel drift inside too much. Hopefully Rowe will be fit soon.

To be honest Sinani & Ramsey haven’t really warranted to start. I’d defiantly bring back Todd, he’s got the skill set to tear this league apart. I still like Hernandez so would play him, then I’d play the 4-3-2-1 Christmas Tree formation today.

Aarons, Hanley, Omobamdele, McLean 

Nunez, Gibbs, Sara

Cantwell, Hernandez

Sargent.

Edited by Indy

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

Indeed but Sara, Gibbs and Nunez are all performing as well in parts as McLean. To be honest left back he’s been our best player by miles, maybe like Milner his versatility has shown. I’d stick him there allowing others to play in midfield.

The worrying thing is McLean looks more solid at LB than Byram does. I was expecting Sam to be much better, not much off Gian's or McCallum's level. Don't get me wrong he's solid enough but doesn't look entirely comfortable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

The worrying thing is McLean looks more solid at LB than Byram does. I was expecting Sam to be much better, not much off Gian's or McCallum's level. Don't get me wrong he's solid enough but doesn't look entirely comfortable.

I must admit I thought McCallum was starting to look a very good prospect, shame he got injured.

Amazing really that McLean was as good as most last week but people still want him out and complain about Smith picking him every match. 

Probably the same people wish we still had Daniel Farke, but what do you know, Daniel picked Kenny every match as well.

Perhaps this should tell you he isn't as bad as you think.

————————Krul————————

Aarons—Omo——Hanley—McLean

————————Gibbs————————

—————Sara———Nunez—————

———————Cantwell———————

————Pukki———Sargent————

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

Amazing really that McLean was as good as most last week but people still want him out and complain about Smith picking him every match. 

Probably the same people wish we still had Daniel Farke, but what do you know, Daniel picked Kenny every match as well.

It tells me that if after all these transfer windows we stil havent improved upon McLean and that he's apparantly still a first choice player, we should sack our recruitment team and/or we've wasted a lot of money..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

McLean will play. I will be furious. McLean will be terrible. I will be hopeful that was his last game. Rinse and repeat for the next 3 years.

Was he terrible last week?

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yes. His standards are much lower than everyone else so a 3/10 is a 'good' game.

And Krul, Aarons, Omobamidele, Nunez, Ramsey and Gibbs were all better?

1 minute ago, Yellow Wal said:

Not all. Whatabouttery does not make Kenny good. 

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Not all. Whatabouttery does not make Kenny good. 

I am not a Kenny lover, and I wish he wasn't good enough to get into the team, but the time to drop him isn't when he has been better than most of the team he has been playing with.

I agree that we should have better, especially after the money spent trying to replace him. But at the moment we haven't.

42 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

After watching him give the ball away to PNE for 97 minutes I reserve the right to call him ****e

40 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

I'm not sure that Krul was better. 

I agree with those that think that Gunn should be given a chance in his place.

7 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

Unless the world has suddenly tilted off it’s axis then you should know that if Kenny McLean still has a pulse then he will be selected.. Dean Smith’s automatic selection, no matter how appalling his form..

How appalling has his form been?

1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

I am not a Kenny lover, and I wish he wasn't good enough to get into the team, but the time to drop him isn't when he has been better than most of the team he has been playing with.

I agree that we should have better, especially after the money spent trying to replace him. But at the moment we haven't.

Fair enough but I disagree. In my honest opinion he's so bad it's difficult to pick him ahead of anyone.

If we win and go top, the Smith supporters will have a field day. If we lose, the Smith-outers will have a field day. What's the betting it will be a draw and we can all go on happily squabbling for another few days?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

If we win and go top, the Smith supporters will have a field day. If we lose, the Smith-outers will have a field day. What's the betting it will be a draw and we can all go on happily squabbling for another few days?

I don't care who the manager is as long as we win and the club are doing well.

• Thanks 1

Gunn

Byram Gibson Hanley Aarons

Gibbs

McClean Nunez

Cantwell

Pukki Sargent

The first 20mins against Preston was the best I've seen us play for a while. Keen to see the two up top given another chance. Aarons, Om, Ramsey and Krul all had nightmares. Aarons keeps his spot for me purely because we haven't got anyone else there at the moment. Keen to exercise some of our squad depth.

Edited by HertsCanary93

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

In fairness the Smith-outers will still have a field day if we win, as Watford aren't very good this year/ their new manager is bad/ we know how to play against a team in yellow/ we ran out of Tetleys so had to use PG