Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

who can remember the season when stringer went?

i thought that season that stringer went, city played  their usual  neat passing game upto the final third, but in the final third we lacked a goal threat and we couldn''t find a way through other teams. the performances were not upto the level of the previous season, but i seriously can''t remember us playing dire football like we have this season under worthy.  the performances since the new year especially have been rock bottom.  am i remembering correctly?

you are right , L.G.T. great passing , taking teams apart , all under the leadership of our caretaker manager , david williams, boy o boy we need him now,

[quote user="ray ducker"]you are right , L.G.T. great passing , taking teams apart , all under the leadership of our caretaker manager , david williams, boy o boy we need him now,[/quote]

David Williams managed 1 game that season... a 1-0 defeat to champions leeds on the last day of that season.... a pretty lack lustre affair.... 1 game wasnt "taking teams apart" considering we failed to win a single game under Stringer sicne the 4-3 win over Everton in the March....

jas :)

whose team do you think that team was ?  who put that team together ?who do think coached that team ? who coached that team to the top of the prim? your man seems a long way off doing that, stick with him jas you deserve him.

and also how about walkers final season, ok not brilliant, but we didn''t get absolutely humilated so regulary did we?my point is, the displays under worthy compare with hamilton - who quite simply had to go.  worthy is in the same boat as hamilton in my book.  as ducker keeps saying, at least walker had a decent squad who were still playing reasonably well to start the next season with.  the previous seasons failure to present a final third threat was resolved instantly by mark robins.as it stands, we have a dis-spirited  squad  at rock bottom - drury said he''d never known the dressing room so low  after palace defeat.it doesn''t take einstein to realise  we need  some much improved  performances in our final games to give the squad  and fans some confidence for next season - else we run the risk of not gaining promotion and losing our best players?

[quote user="ray ducker"]whose team do you think that team was ?  who put that team together ?who do think coached that team ? who coached that team to the top of the prim? your man seems a long way off doing that, stick with him jas you deserve him.[/quote]

Ray u have got ur facts muddled completely!

1. i want worthy out

2. David Williams did NOT put Stringers team together.. Stringer took over from Ken Brown. and Hired Williams as his ASSISTANT

3. Mike Walker coached us to the top of the premiership and a 3rd place finish.. David Williams was long gone by then... Joihn Deehan was walkers assistant

4. Williams left about a week after Stringer did.. after that Leeds game.. he wasnt here when Walker took over.

how long have u supported the club out of interest ray?

that team was STRINGERS team from 1986-1992 and WALKERS team from 1992-1994.. NOT WILLIAMS!

jas :)

"and also how about walkers final season, ok not brilliant, but we didn''t get absolutely humilated so regulary did we?"

No, apart from the 5-1 and 6-1 defeats that followed each other at the mighty Port Vale and (I think) Huddersfield. Walker did a great job first time around and was showing signs of sorting things out second time before he was sacked, but don''t forget some of the humiliation we had to put up with back then as well.

Surely the point is Stringer to Walker was a proper transition and showed the benefit of one manager knowing when to give way to another rather than gradually declining like some punch drunk prize fighter.

[quote user="Tacklebury"]

"and also how about walkers final season, ok not brilliant, but we didn''t get absolutely humilated so regulary did we?"

No, apart from the 5-1 and 6-1 defeats that followed each other at the mighty Port Vale and (I think) Huddersfield. Walker did a great job first time around and was showing signs of sorting things out second time before he was sacked, but don''t forget some of the humiliation we had to put up with back then as well.

[/quote]fair comment, but imo city''s current form still resembles hamiltons, rather than stringers or walkers displays - especially at home. 

I seem to remember that Stringer said something like "I''ve reached the end of my shelf life". He realised when it was time to move on. If Worthy was a piece of fruit, he''d be on my compost heap by now.