Sign in to follow this  
Canaries north

Bruce is gone.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Having tried the old has been journeyman manager route with Bruce I reckon they'll change tack to the up and coming model. Step forward Kieran McKenna...

That would give my Ippo workmate apoplexy!! . McKenna is his new idol, rapidly reaching Messiah  status. 

I will take great pleasure telling him " that's what happens when you are a small club, bigger clubs steal your youngsters and your manager." 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'd forgot he'd only been there for 8 months. Seems a bit of a poison chalice job nowadays. 

In that case let Roy take a huge swig from said chalice.  It would be most entertaining.

8 hours ago, ricardo said:

WBA owners not impressed by Bruce's huge Xg'ness then?

They obviously don't  understand the game.

I think the issue is that the xG hasn’t translated to goals, so he is carrying the can for an attack less efficient than they should statistically be. Unsurprised though. 

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

In that case let Roy take a huge swig from said chalice.  It would be most entertaining.

It would be great to see him fail miserably again. 

5 hours ago, canarycop said:

If we were bottom three the Russell Martin would be here by now. We all know he is the next manager in waiting

We might have missed the boat on Russ Martin, could be taking Swansea up!

Not sure why Bruce was the ‘plastic Geordie’, he comes from near Newcastle. My WBA mate wants Wilder, 

Hope Bruce Retires to somewhere to relax

somewhere nice and hot ! 

never looks very well to me on the sidelines 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, canarycop said:

If we were bottom three the Russell Martin would be here by now. We all know he is the next manager in waiting

I don't really understand the fixation with Russell Martin, he seems to be okay and one of our own, but is less experienced and has less achievements than our existing manager. Neil Adams was doing very well as our youth manager when he was called up as caretaker for an impossible run of games prior to relegation and was absolutely derided when he was appointed manager for the upcoming season. If people say it's because he was only a youth manager, so was Farke before he got the job here. 

Still annoys me the way Adams was received so coldly by many; a bit more support could have made the world of difference. 

• Like 1

Managers tend to find a style and way of playing early in their careers and stick with those methods until they retire. It's rare for managers to change over time and football has left Bruce behind by now. It's the same reason nobody hires Allardyce anymore and why he's not as effective, although in his case it's more that modern coaches have adopted a lot of his methods so he's now redundant because almost every top flight team defends with a disciplined shape, gets the ball forward quickly and prioritizes set pieces, in Bruce's case though it's just too basic and just telling the players to go out and play doesn't work so well when so many modern coaches are clever and very good tactically. 

On 10/10/2022 at 11:11, Commonsense said:

Where do you get this feeling from? He doesn’t have any of the qualities Norwich have looked for in recent years. I presume you are saying this because he once used to play for us ( and was very good at the time) and some time ago he had success in getting teams promoted. His recent record is poor. His style is completely alien to Norwich. My guess is that he will retire.

What so called style was Dean Smith hired on then?

On 10/10/2022 at 18:18, Capt. Pants said:

I'd forgot he'd only been there for 8 months. Seems a bit of a poison chalice job nowadays. 

Getting a Gypsy Caravan seems appropriate for his next job in trying for inclusion in the Guinness Book of Records