Sign in to follow this  
Canaries north

Bruce is gone.

West Bromwich Albion have parted company with manager Steve Bruce after eight months in charge.

The 61-year-old ex-Manchester United defender left following the Baggies' home draw with Luton Town on Saturday.

That kept them in the Championship relegation zone, in 22nd, their lowest league position in over 20 years.

The backroom staff of Steve Agnew, Stephen Clemence and Alex Bruce have also left West Brom, with under-21 coach Richard Beale named interim boss.

WBA owners not impressed by Bruce's huge Xg'ness then?

They obviously don't  understand the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

WBA owners not impressed by Bruce's huge Xg'ness then?

They obviously don't  understand the game.

I would imagine they were to a degree, which is why he has been given so much time despite the poor results.

I wonder where he will end up next in his quest to manage all 92 clubs. Boro?

Would he drop down to League One?

He used to have something of a Midas touch at Championship level, with a great record of getting teams promoted.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So no cabbage? 

Get the feeling he would be on Delias list if we needed a new manager.. But thankfully Smith is here to stay. Could always be worse 😉

Where do you get this feeling from? He doesn’t have any of the qualities Norwich have looked for in recent years. I presume you are saying this because he once used to play for us ( and was very good at the time) and some time ago he had success in getting teams promoted. His recent record is poor. His style is completely alien to Norwich. My guess is that he will retire.

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I would imagine they were to a degree, which is why he has been given so much time despite the poor results.

To be fair being in a relegation spot when your aim for the season was promotion is probably the biggest reason he's been booted out

He must have made millions from the pay offs from all the clubs he’s had to leave!  No need to work again and retire to the Med - or sunny Whitley Bay.

5 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Smith is going to be the last of the 24 in the league to lose his job. 😩

Not unless he is tempted by the WBA job

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not unless he is tempted by the WBA job

Having tried the old has been journeyman manager route with Bruce I reckon they'll change tack to the up and coming model. Step forward Kieran McKenna...

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Smith is going to be the last of the 24 in the league to lose his job. 😩

The good news is we're rattling through the list quite quickly 😉

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh no the manager who got us into joint 1st and went 9 unbeaten won't be fired 😪

Let's see if we're still in the top 2 by the end of October after we've played all our promotion rivals.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Having tried the old has been journeyman manager route with Bruce I reckon they'll change tack to the up and coming model. Step forward Kieran McKenna...

Hopefully, but unfortunately Shaun Dyche is one of the early favourites.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So no cabbage? 

Get the feeling he would be on Delias list if we needed a new manager.. But thankfully Smith is here to stay. Could always be worse 😉

Thought there was a story that he'd been interviewed once but the club weren't impressed with his disparaging attitude to coaching certification. Which would sum him up, a good organiser, but a bit of a relic now. Good when he could get big strong athletic players to run a lot, and was given a big enough budget to do so, but not much of a coach.

30 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The good news is we're rattling through the list quite quickly 😉

Let's see if we're still in the top 2 by the end of October after we've played all our promotion rivals.

Christ the way our fans talk about the team and Smith makes me laugh sometimes. Nonstop doom and gloom, "useless needs the sack!" And yes, we have played some poor football and have been riding our luck somewhat but come on we are joint first and almost went 10 unbeaten.. Yet the way certain  ""fans"" talk about Smith and the team you would think we were like west brom and were down the bottom of the table in a relegation spot

I mean can you even imagine the state of this forum if we were in the bottom three of the table? Doesn't bare thinking about 😂

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And yes, we have played some poor football and have been riding our luck

You said it.

19 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christ the way our fans talk about the team and Smith makes me laugh sometimes. Nonstop doom and gloom, "useless needs the sack!" And yes, we have played some poor football and have been riding our luck somewhat but come on we are joint first and almost went 10 unbeaten.. Yet the way certain  ""fans"" talk about Smith and the team you would think we were like west brom and were down the bottom of the table in a relegation spot

I mean can you even imagine the state of this forum if we were in the bottom three of the table? Doesn't bare thinking about 😂

Well lets refer back to all your negative posts on Saturday's matchthread.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Brucie can then be thr Binners next agent and take them plummeting down the table. 👍👍👍

• Like 1