Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Post-game mini training session...

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if that's a punishment? No but really good to see god knows we need Hayden

At this point  I would like to encourage everyone to give Hayden a chance once he actually appears for us. He is surplus to requirements at Newcastle, that level of quality may be enough to improve us drastically, it may not. Either way it won't actually be his fault..... Unless he doesn't try, of course.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

At this point  I would like to encourage everyone to give Hayden a chance once he actually appears for us. He is surplus to requirements at Newcastle, that level of quality may be enough to improve us drastically, it may not. Either way it won't actually be his fault..... Unless he doesn't try, of course.

I agree. He has a lot of hopes riding on him.

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

I agree. He has a lot of hopes riding on him.

Too much , I fear. And I don't fear too much. 😇

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

And through no fault of his own. He didn't ask to become the Messiah in waiting.

We'd better stop this or we'll be accused of willing him to fail , just so we can be right. All part of the forums rich tapestry.

I mean It though, the not expecting too much bit,just watched Bamford put in a decent but unspectacular 60 mins after an extended period out injured. Did his job but didn't look as sharp as he has at times in the past. This is about as much as I expect from Hayden's first few runs out.  

Hopefully Hayden can make a first team appearance or two before the World Cup.

You don't really want a long break still having not played.

After yesterday we need Todd and hayden to try and add some urgency to our play. In January we need a couple of wide men. Would give us the option of playing sarge down the middle more often

13 minutes ago, canarycop said:

After yesterday we need Todd and hayden to try and add some urgency to our play. In January we need a couple of wide men. Would give us the option of playing sarge down the middle more often

Thought Sara injected some real liveliness when he came on...and I have a theory as to why, his job at that point was to get us back into the game, no deep tactical instructions in a foreign language, just '. Go on kid , do what you can'... I think that's why he played with such freedom and it suited him.