Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

On a positive note, Gabi Sara

A bundle of energy, strong physically, some great touches and a well taken goal. Hopefully this can be an injection of confidence and spur on a run in the team.

Potentially a very good option if we play with a diamond going forward too,

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

A bundle of energy, strong physically, some great touches and a well taken goal. Hopefully this can be an injection of confidence and spur on a run in the team.

Potentially a very good option if we play with a diamond going forward too,

Will never oust McLean.

Yes! Today he definitely looked the player we were hoping for.

I was wondering about the diamond before kick off. Certainly caught PNE napping, but I think we need to work on it more, the players weren't quite ready for it yet. Think it's a formation which could suit us well though - certainly as an option.

• Like 1

Yeah, thought he was excellent. It's been frustrating not to see more of him so far this season, and I gather he wasn't great when he started against WBA. Hopefully Smith has been right to ease him in and he'll start playing a bigger part. He seems to have a lot of good attributes.

Even though he's probably underwhelmed so far, one attribute that has stood out is timing a late run into the box. In his brief cameos so far there's been a few near misses, then today he hit the nail on the head.

Today, he looked decent in possession and a few times caught me out by being involved in play high up, we lose possession and they break, and he's somehow the one interdicting the attack.

Let's hope he's finally 'arrived'

25 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Yes! Today he definitely looked the player we were hoping for.

I was wondering about the diamond before kick off. Certainly caught PNE napping, but I think we need to work on it more, the players weren't quite ready for it yet. Think it's a formation which could suit us well though - certainly as an option.

Don't know about that, we lack width in attack, only natural winger is Onel and he hasn't done much today. We'll see what happens when Giannoulis is back

He made some excellent runs but for some reason we didn’t pick him out with the ball for most of them. 

• Like 1

His best performance to date. He now needs a start in the next game, ahead of Ramsey who for 2 games has been utterly woeful. It's now time to develop our own players  not Aston Villa's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

He finally looks the part. Needs to be given more game time.

I did not see the game today on TV here in Brazil.  Glad to see him getting a decent run and of course getting his first goal. I'm sure he will be starting a few more games in the near future. He is a very good player and Sao Paulo miss him . 

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

I did not see the game today on TV here in Brazil.  Glad to see him getting a decent run and of course getting his first goal. I'm sure he will be starting a few more games in the near future. He is a very good player and Sao Paulo miss him . 

He put in a lot of work, kept the ball moving and was constantly trying to offer himself as an option. You can't  ask more of a player. I think he will become a big asset to us.

4 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Will never oust McLean.

On current form he won't need to as he will be replacing Nunez who wasn't anywhere near as good as McLean.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

He put in a lot of work, kept the ball moving and was constantly trying to offer himself as an option. You can't  ask more of a player. I think he will become a big asset to us.

That sounds 👌 like the player I used to watch . As you say Ricardo you can't ask more of a player.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Will never oust McLean.

Actually, I thought Kenny was genuinely our best defender today when he moved to left back.

Sara may also be better suited to left side of midfield in a diamond.

Both McLean and Nunez didn't quite get their positioning right on either side of the diamond.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

On current form he won't need to as he will be replacing Nunez who wasn't anywhere near as good as McLean.

Yes McLean is brilliant and is well capable of some of the things Nunez has already done in his six weeks in English football. 

I thought Sara was excellent. It seemed strange to me that although he was clearly pleased with his goal none of the other players ran to congratulate him.