Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Score predictions - Preston (h)

PNE have only scored 2 away goals this season.

So I'm going for an optimistic 2-0 home win (Pukki and Sargent).

Should they put their whole team behind the ball and we manage to break them down and score 1 winning 1:0 there will be plenty telling us how boring Smith is and blaming Norwich for a boring game.

Personally I will happily accept a boring 1:0 win giving us 3 points as that keeps the pressure on those around us that we have to play prior to the World Cup break.

• Like 1

It is definetely going to be boring.  Can't see Pukki scoring, will need accurate passes into him to set up goal attempts.  None Tuesday against Reading, Blackpool was a defensive error unlikely Preston will be as generous.  Will need to get behind them Onel could be our lucky charm.   Cantwell also needs to play for creativity and to help Byram.  But cannot conceive Preston being too adventurous so scorteless draw on the cards.

31 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think we'll lose 3-0, our stats will be terrible, but we'll be beautiful to behold.

🤣 don't tell me you have finally succumbed and been brainwashed into negativity.  

• Haha 1

One thing's for certain - we must not let them score first ............as it's likely to be the only one in the game 😟

Preston seem to have problems at right-back. That tallies up nicely with our problems at left-back. They'll play three centre-halves and improvise with wing-backs, and gunk up the middle of the park with the aim of getting a counter or set-piece to stick.

We've got to keep the ball moving quickly. This is one of those games where if we score first and score early, it could be a few depending on how quickly they loosen their defensive shackles or how well we break them. The longer it stays 0-0, the tighter and more tense it gets and the more it suits them.

I'll go 2-0 Norwich, with a late second goal killing off the resistance.

• Like 1

As long as we play pretty football we can lose 3-0 and plenty on here should change their mind on Smith...

On 07/10/2022 at 18:18, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think we'll lose 3-0, our stats will be terrible, but we'll be beautiful to behold.

Well, other than us scoring 2 goals, having read @ricardo's report, I think I did rather well there!