Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Season-ticket sales on slide

Season-ticket sales on slide apparantly.

No mention in the article of the fact that people - like myself, may be waiting on whether the manager is changed in the article - a lot of people on wrath, here and on the main NCFC board have said they will be doing this.

Well what the hell did the club expect?

I would say that alot of those that don''t renew before the first deadline are waiting to see whether NW is replaced for next season. I know the guys i sit around are waiting to do this.

Fair enough there may be a few sloppy people around that just forget to renew before the first deadline but if you weren''t waiting to see what was going to happen with the management team, and you are going to renew you would have done so before the deadline wouldn''t you think? If that makes sense?

and the club made such a big deal out of how they were up the last time they checked. So, they are 1000 down, plus the price change dates have been brought forward, and the whole thing started three weeks earlier. Are you thinking what I am thinking Skipper, Waghorn ?

[quote user="The Duke of Norfolk"]

Well what the hell did the club expect?

I would say that alot of those that don''t renew before the first deadline are waiting to see whether NW is replaced for next season. I know the guys i sit around are waiting to do this.

Fair enough there may be a few sloppy people around that just forget to renew before the first deadline but if you weren''t waiting to see what was going to happen with the management team, and you are going to renew you would have done so before the deadline wouldn''t you think? If that makes sense?

[/quote]

Its only a small matter of 30 quid to wait for the second deadline, my only problem is the longer I wait the more chance I may not bother at all.  And become a member, just picking and choosing matches.....

I would guess those who have signed up so far are those hard liners who would sign up no matter where we play or how we play.  This is because of the financial incentive and their belief they are the true supporters.  I trust fewer season tickets will now be sold until Worthy goes, talking with our pockets are you listening Delia, I doubt it.

They''re down on the promotion season, but up on the previous one - isn''t that what they''re saying? If so, it''s hardly surprising, because they were pretty cheap for a Premiership season ticket. I''ve just posted my renewal form, sad old me. It doesn''t mean that I accept the status quo, it just means that it''s MY Club, not Delia''s or Worthy''s or NCISA''s or any strident poster on this forum. If we''re looking at "models" for what the Club should be (Charlton or whoever), maybe the fans could look at models for what they should be. How about Sheffield Wednesday? Or Man City?

[quote user="pete"]

I would guess those who have signed up so far are those hard liners who would sign up no matter where we play or how we play.  This is because of the financial incentive and their belief they are the true supporters.  I trust fewer season tickets will now be sold until Worthy goes, talking with our pockets are you listening Delia, I doubt it.

[/quote]

Pete, I''m very sorry you are disappointed with me for renewing but I don''t for one minute give any attention whatsoever to  your opinion .  I will renew my season ticket if and when I feel like.  I will most certainly not be looking for your approval to so but I will justify my reasons for doing so.  I want to watch Norwich City football matches, simple as that.  I don''t for one minute think I am better supporter than anyone who hasn''t renewed I just decided I would.

I''m waiting. At the moment, after 30+ years of supporting I now have a 350 mile round trip and spend about £500 on petrol, around  in addition to my season ticket. While this club is in my blood, I am not very happy with what I see on the pitch and now I live in Surrey it is, frankly, becoming more of an effort to get myself on the road dreading the long drive down the M11 after another demoralising defeat. So I''m stalling. If Worthy stays I may let my season ticket go and get tickets on an ad hoc basis. If Worthy stays and I see hope for the future I will probably renew.

Getting home at 1am after a midweek home game and a drive through the dark, cold and rain with only memories of Andy Hughes'' passing (dis)abilities for company is hard enough at the best of times, let alone right now.

I don''t blame you Tumbleweed, i would do the same if i was in your circumstances.

If i knew for definite that NW would still be in charge come August i would give very serious consideration as to whether to renew or not, it would be more of a protest vote than anything else.

I''ve signed up again. Worthy won''t be here forever and, when the good times return, it will have been worth it. And they will return, I''m sure of it.

Not renewing your ticket isn''t the answer - what if we turn it around and end up back near the top/vying for promotion. Every Tom, Dick and Harry will be after a ticket and if you don''t renew run the risk of losing your seat for years to come.

I''ve renewed my seats but it doesn''t mean I''m pro-Worthy - just means I''m a Norwich supporter and by buying a season ticket you are doing just that; supporting your club.

Moving to Sutton in a couple of weeks and also had the dilema of renewing or not as a worthy has to go believer. In the end i renewed but as already metioned I don''t fell I ama true or better supporter than anyone but just feel that we are better than what we have been seeing and one day the premiership dream will vbecome true once more as I must be a part of that. I would be reall ****** off if promotion became a certainty next season and I would have given up my season ticket next season because of that chump worthy.